Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-manager-candidate-david-7616888

David Moyes wants the Aston Villajob even if it means working in the Championship.

The doomed Midlands outfit are set to part company with Frenchman Remi Garde within days and clubless Moyes is interested in replacing him.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/655096/Exclusive-David-Moyes-tells-friends-Aston-Villa-job-Celtic-interest-Transfer-News-Gossip

The former Manchester United manager, out of work since being sacked by Real Sociedad in November, has told friends that Villa would be the only job he would go for outside of the Premier League.

Who's next up on the journos dart board I wonder 

3 minutes ago, Isa said:

The 'Moyes tells friends he wants Villa job' thing was used last time all the papers went with it on the same day. Around the time Sherwood was sacked. Quite possible it's a coordinated leak from Moyes' camp to make known his interest.

I hope so anyhow. If there is a glimmer of hope of landing him, the board should go all-out for it.

Good observation. But if true (Mirror isn't it?), I cannot see why they didn't bring him in after Sherwood. Now: if he's actually interested at this time, I just hope that the current squad will remember what he did at Everton and not just look at his MU and Real Sociedad stints and go: Nah, has-been, over the hill guy. Not good enough. We'll continue to pretend to put a shift in. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Id take Moyes to get us up and consolidate us and then we get rid like West Ham did with Sam

We could replace with him Garde as I keep reading how good he is and that he was the right man just at the wrong time 

• Like 3

Moyes would be flippin awesome. We'd have a premier league standard manager and i would back us to come straight back up. Newcastle if down would be foooked as the manager pool for them would be very dry indeed.

Moyes would be a welcome move for most of the fans, I'm sure. Which is why it won't happen.

If he is interested though, we should get tunnel vision and do whatever we can to get him in. I like 'im!

• Like 1

If there is even the slightest shred of interest from Moyes, we need to jump on it and offer him what he wants, within reason, to make him our manager.

He should be our number one target this summer, even if he's not interested. So if he IS interested, it's a no brainier!

He would be the manager that the biggest majority of fans would be happy with. He has experience of Prem & Championship. He has a proven track record, minus his time at Man Utd and Sociedad. He doesn't have an ex-blues connection like Bruce. He knows how to put together a team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Yay for another Scottish manager

If one considers Sherwood a blip in the system (as I do) it seems Scottish or French is the way we go.

Hollier

McLeish

Lambert

Garde

And K Mac as the go to caretaker. It all points to Moyes

I can see it now. Talk of Moyes in the press, overall delight amongst the fan base, we're heading in the right direction, appointing a long term, forward thinking manager. Garde leaves on mutual terms and then bam..

.. Warnock, right outta nowhere.

3388aaabfcbe4e5219d7503a2a562c26.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Id take Moyes to get us up and consolidate us and then we get rid like West Ham did with Sam

That's exactly how we should be making all of our managerial appointments.

This manager is what we need to achieve our short term goal (i.e. the next 2 or 3 seasons)
Achieve that goal and then re-assess.