Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Pulis??!?  The manager of the only team to have even fewer shots on target than we have.  Aren't they responsible for something like 1/3 of all the games with zero shots on target this season.  Would rather eat my feet.

They got outplayed by us a few weeks ago and wanted a draw at home, not Man City or Arsenal but US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I would be for that as well, but if we do change managers I hope it is Moyes.

I agree with that 100%

Dont forget Ferguson picked Moyes and Ferguson took Aberdeen to the European cup and won the SPL.I bet not even Guardiola could do that.

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Who would be your first and second choices?

Bruce or Pearson, in no particular order. Both know the championship well and have had recent successes. Moyes is yesterday's man IMO, the United experience and the La Liga experience has finished him.

15 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

You say there is no chance BUT:

Would Moyes coming to manage us now be this Generation's Graham Taylor Moment?

No

14 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I think Garde should be given a fair go,eg his owne backroom staff and his owne players before writing him off.

Garde has had 20 games, we are now shitter than we have ever been. He shouldn't even be in charge for Saturday, never mind next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Dont forget Ferguson picked Moyes and Ferguson took Aberdeen to the European cup and won the SPL.I bet not even Guardiola could do that.

Ferguson also picked McLeish for Villa ;)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KHV said:

Bruce or Pearson,

No. 

Bruce has been a failure in more than half of his jobs (sacked or jumped ship) and relegated twice.

Pearson has only ever been a success at Leicester, which everyone knows its due to his backroom staff that are still at Leicester.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

before people mock as its Merse he did predict we would go down on opening day of season

He did indeed.  Oh how I laughed.  Then I kinda stopped laughing.  FWIW I'd take either Pearson or McCarthy.  And particularly on the latter there, that's me swallowing my pride because I do not like that bloke.

People not wanting Moyes are living in a dream world. How many teams being relegated have the opportunity to appoint a premier league manager with his CV? We'd be lucky for him to even think about managing us considering the dire straits we're currently in.

Edited by guyavfc
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, KHV said:

Bruce or Pearson, in no particular order. Both know the championship well and have had recent successes. Moyes is yesterday's man IMO, the United experience and the La Liga experience has finished him.

You mean like Leeds and Brighton finished Clough. Moyes was with Preston before Everton, so has experience at that level. United was a poison chalice after Fergie, as Van Gaal is discovering. La Liga can be a basket case for manager turnover. Big Ron was sacked from Atletico before his time with us, he didn't do too badly did he?

• Like 1

If Moyes takes the job then it will be because he likes the idea of building a new young team from scratch, using his vast managerial experience that saw Everton repeatedly finish top 8 over many seasons whilst on a mediocre budget. He is exactly the figure head that AVFC needs right now, to prove that we are still a big club capable of recovery, and I think Moyes may need to prove he is still a big time manager capable of being successful again himself.  Match made in heaven.  I also think he might get on well with Bernstein. 

• Like 4