Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Because he spent time at Liverpool? lol. You realise he was a championship manager right?

No. Because he has done well at each of his previous clubs and his sights will be much higher than the beleaguered, shell of a club that Aston Villa has become. 

Not a chance in hell of us getting Rodgers. 

10 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Moyes is perfect for us we both need to rebuild our reputations. 

Which is EXACTLY why he won't be coming to us. The Villa job is not one where you rebuild your reputation. It's like the old people's home of the managerial world and we know where the next stop is after an old people's home.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

No. Because he has done well at each of his previous clubs and his sights will be much higher than the beleaguered, shell of a club that Aston Villa has become. 

Not a chance in hell of us getting Rodgers. 

Brendan rodgers too good for us???

Ha ha thank god for that :D

12 hours ago, a m ole said:

maintaining a good relationship with the media is part and parcel of the job. As if we need any more reasons for them to **** hate us.

who gives a **** about the media.....................

a progresive non British manager who has fire and passion but who also has a flair for the tactical European style who also has experience of the Championship, only 1 man for the job

Bzxajv7IMAE4WZL.png:large

I think the manager we have got should be given a fair go.

The ONLY way to really see if another manager ( any manager ) is better than Garde is to get another manager in and give him the same backing that Garde got, no transfer money,no players and no new backroom staff.

It is possible, nay likely, that we attempted to buy a few players and that they just wouldn't come into this situation, and that the financial compensation in terms of wages required in order to 'convince them' to move would not have been healthy for the club in the mid to long term.  Sometimes you're so far cut adrift as to be completely beyond help from external factors.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

It is possible, nay likely, that we attempted to buy a few players and that they just wouldn't come into this situation, and that the financial compensation in terms of wages required in order to 'convince them' to move would not have been healthy for the club in the mid to long term.  Sometimes you're so far cut adrift as to be completely beyond help from external factors.

true but Remi had 2 huge games before start of the window against Sunderland and worst of all Norwich which he threw with his team selection

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I can only assume you haven't watched the full ostrich press conference Terry? It was utterly bizarre. I remember it at the time (or a different Leicester conference), where he was trying to be funny, but also trying to be smug, whilst also not actually answering any questions being asked or even acknowledging the point being made by the journalist.

So no, it wasn't just because he called someone an ostrich.

Why does someone accidentally falling into you even give reason to put your hands around someone's neck? Who does that? A thug? Someone who has done it before, perhaps?

Whether I'm on a football pitch, involved in a match or anywhere else on the planet, if someone accidentally fell into me, my first reaction is 'what's happened?'. Not to put my hands around someone's neck (and then subsequently gloat to the press that 'I can handle myself').

The rest of your post about precious/ moral outrage around the swearing:

1) Us fans aren't employed by the club, expected to talk on behalf of the club, so you won't see anyone complaining about the fans in the stands swearing. A manager is a paid employee and shouldn't be swearing in press conferences. It's completely different, and you know that. Other managers that have done it before don't excuse it.

2) Do you not remember the amount of fans that were outraged when Lescott/Guzan apparently told some fans to 'F off' at the away cup game earlier this season? That shows me that our fans WOULDN'T be hunky dorey with our manager swearing.

I did see the Press Conference, and I've seen others he's done, and he does come across as being a little at war with himself, and more at war with the journos - but I'm not sure that in itself is a bad thing, just like I can't say it is a good thing.  But a bizarre or odd or antagonistic way with the press is neither peculiar to him nor does it reflect on whether he's the guy to get us out the Championship - which is all I care about.

The falling in/hand neck thing........again I would generally agree that there are 99 other reactions which couyld have occurred, but I can see why, if you are intense in the way he is, in the middle of a game, it happened - I have seen it in other variations, in lower Leagues, non League, Pardew etc.  I'm not saying it is a 'normal' reaction, or impressive, or useful, but again I don't think it is so 'out there' as to render the guy unemployable.  If we applied the same rules to reactions of players most the greats wouldn't be welcome here.

Swearing in Press Conferences.  I agree  - it is wrong. But again, it happens, he is nowhere near the only one, and the greatest of all did it almost habitually (Fergie).  Again I just think it is not anywhere near enough of a crime to mean he should n't be allowed near the Club.  And I agree fans wouldn't like it, but, same as previous answers.

I don't particularly disagree with your points, but equally I don't think the items under scrutiny are anywhere near sufficient to have the guy painted as he is by some.  My point is that almost  - almost - any Manager I can think of that had any good points, especially the type of good points I think our Squad needs, also had plenty of fire inside and would have a longer list of 'naughties' than Pearson - I'd hate to think we wouldn't touch Fergie, Wenger etc etc who have all some 'violence' and shall we say inhospitable language.

Put it this way.

If you told me in 2 years time we are where Leicester are, or within 10 places of where they are, or come to that in the same League as they are, and all we have to complain about is that he did with us the stuff that is held against him from his time at Leicester I'd take it in an instant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

true but Remi had 2 huge games before start of the window against Sunderland and worst of all Norwich which he threw with his team selection

I was only on about the transfer window and board backing, not games before or during.

Just now, BOF said:

I was only on about the transfer window and board backing, not games before or during.

my point was if he got 4 points from them games I imagine the club would have backed him more and also we would have been in a healthier position, what happened was we lost and Sunderland won and they signed better players which have improved their squad

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why, on God's green earth, would you want KMac in charge?

Is the answer Jerusalem ? ;) 

But all accounts he is s nice man who the players like but that doesn't mean he should be in charge of the first team as an interim. Give it to Black & Cowans or if our first choice is out of work whomever that is ( please not Pearson) appoint him now so he has the final 7 games to assess before pre season starts and hopefully comes to the conclusion that half the players are Arse holes who need to be shipped out ASAP. I would personally keep our foreign players* signed from last season if we can, shift out the English shit we signed plus Gabby & Bacuna and build from there. 

* if there attitude has been correct

Going back to my referencing Chris Coleman earlier.  No thanks.  He has basically been an unmitigated disaster other than twice and both of those have extenuating circumstances.  Firstly he did well only whilst keeping Tigana's assembled squad together and then eventually running out of steam as they all left.  And now with Wales he has Bale, Ramsay and that intangible national pride.  Other than that he flopped in his final season with Fulham, flopped with Sociedad, flopped with Coventry and did nothing at Larissa although they were broke.  As far as achievements go, he would be pretty much bottom of any list.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

my point was if he got 4 points from them games I imagine the club would have backed him more and also we would have been in a healthier position, what happened was we lost and Sunderland won and they signed better players which have improved their squad

So two matches sealed our fate and we just ignore the other 19 from the first half of the season.  They didn't matter hardly at all.

Just now, srsmithusa said:

So two matches sealed our fate and we just ignore the other 19 from the first half of the season.  They didn't matter hardly at all.

they were games close together, won them 2 games we be on 22 points, Sunderland 23 and Norwich 25

they were huge games

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Is that honestly what you took from his post? 

14 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Pulis is a means to an end and effective at what he does

We will be difficult to beat and grind out results just what you need in the championship

Pulls doesn't actually go to win games he goes not to lose bin the Championship nearly all teams will sit back against us especially st home so we need a manager that can attack and break teams down the total opposite of a Pulis team.