Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I said it earlier I'm no great Pearson fan but if Number 4 on his List of Sins is calling a Journalist (that highly inscrutable lot) an Ostrich he's hardly Ivan the Terrible is he ?  An Ostrich ?  And that renders him "a burk of the highest Order" - my God what would you rate him as if he'd actually done something really nasty !

And if Ostrich is bad, what is burk ? So you are out too !

The wringing round the neck whilst physical and inappropriate surely must be seen, as it was by most at the time, in context of the player crashing into him  - he wasn't fully aware what had happened.  Doesn't 'excuse' it (if it needs excusing) but does mitigate it.

Swearing at a journalist ?  If you wont have Managers that do that I'm afraid they'll have to dig Sir Alf back up for you - oops, no, he used the 'f' word at journalists too.

All a bit precious for me this moral outrage - and that s before I meet any of you at a game to witness your delightful etiquette and good natured manners up close !

maintaining a good relationship with the media is part and parcel of the job. As if we need any more reasons for them to **** hate us.

These incidents happened at a shit little family club like Leicester where there is next to zero pressure. Now imagine what he would be like here where there will be immense pressure....now engage brain...

...It's a tragic state of affairs his name is even being debated. 

I feel like I should be called an ostrich for even engaging in it.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Who is going to build something under Lerner? 

We've been trying to build something for years and have failed. A bit of short term thinking would be fine for our next move. 

Moyes for a start! You can't keep sacking managers and rebuilding squads. Lerner isn't going anywhere soon so we can't just look short term. We need a manager who can come get us promoted but be good enough to stay around and build. Moyes is perfect for us we both need to rebuild our reputations. 

9 hours ago, babyblue said:

What on earth are you talking about, you literally have no idea about him do you. First and foremost, his "style of football" got us top of the championship with 102 points, scoring 83 goals. The play off season and the season we went up was some of the best and most exciting football I can remember in 30+ years of following Leicester. What is is about young talented, exciting, pacy players that you think is stone age? Is it because he doesn't play 4231?

His man management skills are brilliant, the players loved the bloke and couldn't speak highly enough of him. Do not confuse Pearson to the press with Pearson his players.

Loyalty to players that are assholes, eh? If this is referring to his sacking, he didn't like his son being accused of racism, when he did or said nothing racist. He then didn't like the club going back on what they said about personal hearing.

I was talking about Garde mate :P

8 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Get Pearson in to get the team promoted out of the Championship, then do a Southamption and sack him and have one of those sophisticated contintental types from the Bielsa school lined up to takeover. 

true, look at West Ham and even Leicester, they both got brought up similarly from CHampionship and are challenging for title and the Top4. Stoke are another example

I think the "PRESS" are covering their bases by reporting "Garde, going, going........."

Hollis has said that a complete review is being made. Board, Staff, Manager & players included (Bernstein said this too - on SKY).

Consequences have already taken place, Fox & Almstadt.

Players can't be "moved on" till after the season & the T-Window re-opens.

However!

Managers can be sacked at any time. Lazy Journo's know this

Hollis said that Bernstein, Little & Garde were/are in talks. If the talks were to sack Garde he would have been either 1) Gone by Sunday/Monday or 2) a compromise of when/how he leaves would be discussed.

1) hasn't happened

2) we'll find out ONLY if that eventually happens. and not now.

I should imagine that Garde will be asked about how he sees his own future. AND who he sees as potential player assets in the Championship. More importantly who not to keep. (why would Bernstein & Little scour through 30 + games of SHITE to come to a conclusion that Garde could tell them in 30 Mins?)

So Garde leaving is only a given if he wants to go. Has he said something yet?

Maybe Hollis is prepared to sack him if Bernstein & Little come to that conclusion. But untill that is concluded, we won't know. (any leaks from anti-Garders is only a ploy for their own means - well the press can buy that IF they want and peddle it - But I'll believe what I see - what happens will happen not because of a Journo's guess).

Considering that certain players could be partial to leaking their wishes to the press. They are the ones who must be considering that it will be made known to the club (by Garde) that they are "not in the immediate or long term best interests of the club".

I should imagine that there is a feeling of uncertainty amongst many at BMH and just like a good conspiracy, people will be on edge ready to flip sides to as & what suits them best.

I hope (and think) Hollis knows a change is needed. I think he's also dettached enough from Football and the club to be able to accept what needs doing. (Doing it - making the right calls/decisions is the hard part).

I think it'll be quite clear to Bernstein & Little that players will have to be taken out of the squad (sold, paid off or frozen out). To what extent that is possible remains to be seen. And Loanees will have to be assessed. How the holes are plugged will be the indicator to how we do in the Championship.

A manager decision will be made either way - Keep RG or replace him. (the press seem to feel safe reporting that he'll go - NOTE, Sky say their "scources" have said no decision has been made either way. Pete Colley isn't camped outside BMH either).

I believe that if RG has NOT decided to "leave anyway" he'll be swayed by a payoff or a promise.

Looking at it from a Boards point of view, They'll have to "promise" something to a new manager. Now if Moyes & Rodgers have been sounded out and won't come/are waiting it out, Bruce, Dyce, Karanka, Hughton & Rowett are all "completing the current promotion pushes". The Board may feel they can't sack/release RG untill the season is over. McClaren, Pearson & Monk are  out-of-workers and possible PL/Championship sackings are also possible candidates.

I don't think it's as simple as "Garde goes".

I think (and hope) the board are going to draw a line in the sand, set out an objective and do their best to implement it.

In other words

IT'S SHIT OR BUST

I said it earlier I'm no great Pearson fan but if Number 4 on his List of Sins is calling a Journalist (that highly inscrutable lot) an Ostrich he's hardly Ivan the Terrible is he ?  An Ostrich ?  And that renders him "a burk of the highest Order" - my God what would you rate him as if he'd actually done something really nasty !

And if Ostrich is bad, what is burk ? So you are out too !

The wringing round the neck whilst physical and inappropriate surely must be seen, as it was by most at the time, in context of the player crashing into him  - he wasn't fully aware what had happened.  Doesn't 'excuse' it (if it needs excusing) but does mitigate it.

Swearing at a journalist ?  If you wont have Managers that do that I'm afraid they'll have to dig Sir Alf back up for you - oops, no, he used the 'f' word at journalists too.

All a bit precious for me this moral outrage - and that s before I meet any of you at a game to witness your delightful etiquette and good natured manners up close !

I can only assume you haven't watched the full ostrich press conference Terry? It was utterly bizarre. I remember it at the time (or a different Leicester conference), where he was trying to be funny, but also trying to be smug, whilst also not actually answering any questions being asked or even acknowledging the point being made by the journalist.

So no, it wasn't just because he called someone an ostrich.

Why does someone accidentally falling into you even give reason to put your hands around someone's neck? Who does that? A thug? Someone who has done it before, perhaps?

Whether I'm on a football pitch, involved in a match or anywhere else on the planet, if someone accidentally fell into me, my first reaction is 'what's happened?'. Not to put my hands around someone's neck (and then subsequently gloat to the press that 'I can handle myself').

The rest of your post about precious/ moral outrage around the swearing:

1) Us fans aren't employed by the club, expected to talk on behalf of the club, so you won't see anyone complaining about the fans in the stands swearing. A manager is a paid employee and shouldn't be swearing in press conferences. It's completely different, and you know that. Other managers that have done it before don't excuse it.

2) Do you not remember the amount of fans that were outraged when Lescott/Guzan apparently told some fans to 'F off' at the away cup game earlier this season? That shows me that our fans WOULDN'T be hunky dorey with our manager swearing.

I would rather give Little as caretaker manager (only until end of season) then returns to board no matter how well/badly he does than kmac again

A name not mentioned but how about  Carlos Carvalhal? Doing a remarkable job at Sheffield Wednesday