Keinan Davis

a-k

I'll say it again, this guy played over half the fixtures in a season where we finished 4th.

As our 4th option in the striking department, it really goes to show that we have men able to step up if Abraham leaves.

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'll say it again, this guy played over half the fixtures in a season where we finished 4th.

As our 4th option in the striking department, it really goes to show that we have men able to step up if Abraham leaves.

It would mean someone stepping in to chip in with the goal like Adomah did in the first half of the season (and Grabban in the second half).

I’m all for giving Davis a try there, bringing others into play but I wonder who it will be to actually put the ball in the net.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It would mean someone stepping in to chip in with the goal like Adomah did in the first half of the season (and Grabban in the second half).

I’m all for giving Davis a try there, bringing others into play but I wonder who it will be to actually put the ball in the net.

Totally agree.

The beauty of team football however is it doesn't matter who takes the glory as often it's the open man in the opportune moment.

The scary thing is though, it looks like Hourihane will be the only player to emulate last seasons efforts on goal.

• Like 1

I think he is a bit of a lazy player, thinks he is better than he is. Given the opportunity (maybe a chat in the board room) taking Abraham's place, you think the guy would give 110%. Iv'e mentioned attitude before about Davis, an I think that's going to hold his performances back on the pitch, we will see?

• Haha 1

I think people underestimate what he did in the side last season, especially when Jack was injured. We don't have another forward like him; strong, holds up the ball, brings others into the game and can beat a defender with skill and pace. He may not be the greatest finisher, but we always seem to play better going forward when he's in the team, mainly because the ball sticks when we go direct.

Looked really sharp yesterday considering he's been out for a long time. Has a huge role to play now that Tammy's on his way out.

• Like 3

I'd play him up front ahead of all others if Tammy goes. We work as a team with Davis. For me his disappearance at the end of the season last year contributed to our indifferent form. Especially when we had Hogan coming on as a sub instead of him, Hogan who is invisible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He created space which allowed Adomah, Hourihane and Snodgrass room to pop up and score 

He isnt going be a 10 goal a season striker but has his uses

I think he can be, I think he showed that potential last season

• Like 1

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I think he is a bit of a lazy player, thinks he is better than he is. Given the opportunity (maybe a chat in the board room) taking Abraham's place, you think the guy would give 110%. Iv'e mentioned attitude before about Davis, an I think that's going to hold his performances back on the pitch, we will see?

Attitude ? I have absolutely no clue where you have come under this impression. Every time I've seen davis play he plays with commitment and pride. His finishing is just poor.  If he could finish I think he could be a 15-20m player as he does alot.

Just listen to what terry was saying about him last year.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 21:19, Thug said:

He did more in 15 minutes than Hogans done in 15 matches

Was gonna say similar. The ball actually stuck to him when he got it and he worked to create some space for others.

Way more about him than Hogan. I think he's the kind of player who won't be prolific, but will create goals for others.

To be honest I'm not sure he'd work that well in our current system if I'm totally honest. But I'd much rather play him than Hogan.

Â