Keinan Davis

a-k

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

would say he has any more or less skill sets to play wide than Kodjia, and he has played there numerous times.

But ye, ideally he would play up front, depends on how tired Abraham is, at the very least would like to see him have a few cameo's towards the end of the season, i can see him being a good player for us next season, all being well.

For me him and Kodj are very different. Davis’ main attribute is playing with his back to goal, shielding the ball, looking to turn, brining in other. Kodj, plays better goal facing, beating people, getting shots away.

Whilst young and can obviously improve, I’m  not convinced that Davis will ever be more than an impact striker for us, moving forward. Hopefully, he’ll now score 10 before the end of the season and ram those words down my throat.

Edited by mikeyp102

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

For him and Kodj are very different. Davis’ main attribute is playing with his back to goal, shielding the ball, looking to turn, brining in other. Kodj, plays better goal facing, beating people, getting shots away.

Whilst young and can obviously improve, I’m  not convinced that Davis will ever be more than an impact striker for us, moving forward. Hopefully, he’ll now score 10 before the end of the season and ram those words down my throat.

hmm, last season i saw him a few times and some of the intricate and skillful things he did were far and above just a "hold up man".

I remember when i first saw him in the highlights last season, i saw him do a couple of silky moves and i was like....."who the hell is this".

Maybe im wrong and over estimating his ability, but i have seen more than a few times skill that makes me think he is more than just a target/hold up man.

Does he need to work on his game?, yes of course, but personally i think he is a very silky player.

• Like 3

I've been eager to see a lot more of him this season. Think he should have been given more game time(propably held back by injuries). The strength on the ball is impressive. But what impresses me the most is how clever and technical he is while holding up the ball, what he does to it. How he brings others into play, times the releases, turns players, does one twos etc. 

Needs to go out on loan at another championship club next year if he's not going to be given time here. 

There's a lot more to be seen from him in the future, I imagine. 

I really like him, if he could start getting even just a decent numbers of goals he will be excellent for us.
He sort of reminds me of Bamford in terms of all round game (not goals). He's tall, but very intelligent, very unselfish, great touch, good bits of skill, very awkward to play against. Just a handful.

Just now, DCJonah said:

It might be because he has been out for so long but to me he looks faster and stronger (if possible)

Really unlucky not to score yesterday. Excited to see how he continues to progress. 

His performances last season were not helped by the fact Bruce was playing him injured for half the season (allegedly)

I wonder if we could bring in a striker coach short term just to sharpen up his finishing. He has everything else

Reminds me of a similar player to Diego Costa without being an asshole

• Haha 1

Really impressed with him last season and in the small amount of game time he has had this. 

The reason for his lack of goals in comparison to Abraham is about runs off the ball and movement when others are breaking in wide positions. If he's bright and perceptive he should have learnt an enormous amount being at the same club as Tammy for a year. Injured or not, he should have been watching what Tammy does to find space in the box. I remember a great header verses Barnsley last year that should signs he can do this. 

In terms of holdup play and playing others in behind the defence, he's actually already a superior player to Abraham. The ball doesn't bounce off him and he doesn't look all arms and legs. Abraham at times looks awkward and hasn't yet grown into his body. He's young and has huge potential but this part of his game has led to us facing more pressure towards the end of the game with narrow winning or drawing scores; as he's either very tired from pressing all match, or unable to keep the ball long enough for us to get out of our defence positions to support. 

In terms of Goals and movement, speed and pressing - Abraham wins. 

Holding the ball, passing to team mates and touch - Davis wins. 

Kodjia - not going to be given extension, because we no longer need his solo effects and dribbling as the team is set up to play around someone like the first two - as a team. 

I've said since last year we are missing a trick with this boy. I will admit he is unlikely to be a 20 goal a season striker, but neither was peak Emile Heskey. But at Leicester and Liverpool he created so many goals for team mates 

I think he has a bit more in his locker than Heskey though, he has intelligence and a deft touch and ability to beat a man.

From what I've seen the only thing missing is that he isn't a natural finisher. But when he was in the team last year he got a respectable amount of goals but totally transformed our form and got goals for others playing off him

We are a better side now and he would create even more this year.

And sorry to keep harking on, but Abraham won't be here next year, playing him doesn't benefit our future long term, playing Davis does.

Abraham was undroppable before Christmas but he certainly isn't now. For me Davis must be knocking on the door.

Edited by ramshackler
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I've said since last year we are missing a trick with this boy. I will admit he is unlikely to be a 20 goal a season striker, but neither was peak Emile Heskey. But at Leicester and Liverpool he created so many goals for team mates 

I think he has a bit more in his locker than Heskey though, he has intelligence and a deft touch and ability to beat a man.

From what I've seen the only thing missing is that he isn't a natural finisher. But when he was in the team last year he got a respectable amount of goals but totally transformed our form and got goals for others playing off him

We are a better side now and he would create even more this year.

And sorry to keep harking on, but Abraham won't be here next year, playing him doesn't benefit our future long term, playing Davis does.

Abraham was undroppable before Christmas but he certainly isn't now. For me Davis must be knocking on the door.

I agree, well mostly. If it was earlier in the season I'd say give Davis the nod. But we are potentially a month away from PL football. Risking changing up an in - form side by switching out players now, well that would be pretty stupid. If we fail in the play offs, fair enough. Make long term plans. But right now it's about the short term. But you're right. Summer 2018 I thought Davis should have been a big contender for our striker spot this season. 

12 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Wow, what an absurd comment. More in his locker than a 100 premier league goal player, who had over 60 caps for England, and was often credited as the best striker to play with? At the same age, Heskey was a regular starter for his club. I think you need to take off your claret and blue specs on this one. 

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wow, what an absurd comment. More in his locker than a 100 premier league goal player, who had over 60 caps for England, and was often credited as the best striker to play with? At the same age, Heskey was a regular starter for his club. I think you need to take off your claret and blue specs on this one. 

I think it's fairly obvious we are talking about potential rather than actual ability. That couldn't really be clearer considering we are talking about a striker who has barely played!!!

My point is that Heskey was a brilliant player whose game revolved completely on power and pace. We have already seen with Davis he has more about him that. Hence my comment.

Calm down dear

5 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I think it's fairly obvious we are talking about potential rather than actual ability. That couldn't really be clearer considering we are talking about a striker who has barely played!!!

My point is that Heskey was a brilliant player whose game revolved completely on power and pace. We have already seen with Davis he has more about him that. Hence my comment.

Calm down dear

Look at what Heskey was doing at the same age , I don’t think Davis has anywhere the potential Heskey did. If he has half the career Heskey had he’s done well. 

I’m perfectly calm thank you.

all davis needs to do is add goals to his game.

he's got all the tools and his hold up play is better than tammy "touch of a trampoline" abraham and jimmy "falls over and rolls around kodjia.

He desperately needs take the chances when they come along  to bang a few in soon as he won't get the shirt off tammy.

remember this guy transformed us last season with his ability to hold up the ball back to goal. in the prem its crucial to retain possession.

he got a big contract but has he got the desire to make it? I watched a vid on youtube the players were on about their first motors.....most had bag of shit astras for their first car......Davis had a bmw 2 seriescoupe!

Â