Keinan Davis

a-k

I'm glad he signed that new correct. He stepped up when Codger was out last time, and I feel other players in the team like playing with him as the target man. 

He is good enough to be our number one striker but at the moment not consistent enough. That will come, I'm sure.

Just now, Keyblade said:

This kid is going places.

I agree.....but we all need to be patient when he has a subdued game, young players developing do......pleased for him today.

• Like 3

Our player of the season for me so far for the impact he has had on the whole dynamic of the team.  The thing is he puts in a hell of a lot of effort every game with his pressing and also gets clattered by defenders time after time. With Kodija probably out for most of the season and Hogan being awful I think another 'big man up top' as cover is what we need in January. 

He's a handful, I 'get' the comparisons to Emile Heskey. He's so powerful and has the knack of being able to play with his back to goal, hold off defenders and still manage to use the ball intelligently. 

He'll worries defenders and creates space for other attacking options and alongside Anomah we look as though if we've got a partnership that's developing nicely. 

Thought he was really really excellent today. We looked like a pub team for first 20 mins. Both Keinan and Onomah dragged us back into it to the point where we dominated from then on and should have been much more comfortable winners. The inconsistency should fade as he becomes more experienced. The big question is goals. If he starts scoring regularly in today's market he'll ended up costing more than Xia paid for the club.

Yes alright alright I've had a beer. 

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't really get the Heskey comparisons tbh other than him being good at holding up the ball and skin colour, he has a much better football brain than Heskey for starters. Heskey even at his best was a crude player, Davis has a lot more intelligence. 

I think you are doing Heskey something of a disservice there. All of the strikers that played with Heskey and speak so highly of him wouldn't have thrived off him so much if he didn't have that footballing intelligence.

But yeah, I'm not sure that he is that Heskey-alike really, but if he fails to add goals to his game the comparison will persist.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't really get the Heskey comparisons tbh other than him being good at holding up the ball and skin colour, he has a much better football brain than Heskey for starters. Heskey even at his best was a crude player, Davis has a lot more intelligence. 

As a younger player Heskey was far better than "crude".  Remember all those strikers who had him as one of the best partners they'd played alongside.  As he got older (and by the time he got to us) he'd lost a bit of pace and packed on a bit of muscle and adapted his game - or been forced to.

19 year old Davis is similar to 19 year old Heskey.

He is so good with the ball at his feet, its not just his physicality. It feels as if the ball is glued to his feet at times, I never feel like he will lose it once we play it to him.

Once of his best performances yesterday, despite not passing to Snodgrass for that one chance. It's going to be difficult for him to be consistent now though I feel. He's not going to get a rest this next month with no backup available. 

• Like 3

Staggering how anybody at Stevenage could think to let this kid go. Lightyears ahead of some of the strikers that have been playing in this league for years in terms of touch, awareness, timing of pass, composure to hold the ball and bring others into play.

Stevenage thought this kid wasn't worth holding onto. Wow.

Â