Keinan Davis

a-k

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Staggering how anybody at Stevenage could think to let this kid go. Lightyears ahead of some of the strikers that have been playing in this league for years in terms of touch, awareness, timing of pass, composure to hold the ball and bring others into play.

Stevenage thought this kid wasn't worth holding onto. Wow.

To be fair, he seems to have developed very rapidly and unexpectedly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Staggering how anybody at Stevenage could think to let this kid go. Lightyears ahead of some of the strikers that have been playing in this league for years in terms of touch, awareness, timing of pass, composure to hold the ball and bring others into play.

Stevenage thought this kid wasn't worth holding onto. Wow.

happens with lots of kids though between 18-19.

Shrewsbury let Andre Gray go to Telford in 2009/10 & he couldn't even get in their team at the time, They didn't even want him him on a free when Shrewsbury let him go so he went to Hinkley, 2 years later he left them for luton after scoring 37 goals. He scored 57 goals in 2 years  there and has since been sold for fees over 20 million and has spent the past 3 years being rated as one of the best strikers in the championship & a reasonable striker in mid-table premier league teams. A far cry from not being able to get a game in the conference north only 7 years ago

There are hundreds/thousands of 16-18 year olds let go by acadamies every year, many of them still go on to make a decent living playing football

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Is it that far of a stretch to compare him to Benteke?

Although CB is more of an aerial presence than Keinan, both are above average with the ball at their feet and both have excellent hold up and link up play in the attacking third. Also, they have good vision and decision making skills.

Anyone agree?

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Although CB is more of an aerial presence than Keinan, both are above average with the ball at their feet and both have excellent hold up and link up play in the attacking third. Also, they have good vision and decision making skills.

Anyone agree?

I agree, to be honest I think he could become an even better player.

Hi is 19 years old and an absolutely immense asset to have.

I really believe he can be a part of the future for our main strikeforce.

I said previously, if RHM gets fit and fulfills the potential he supposedly has.

They could be our new Big man/Little man strike force for years to come.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Anyone agree?

Difference is Benteke is a prolific scorer. Almost 1 in 2 for club and country his whole career despite multiple injuries and falling out of favour at Liverpool.

52 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Difference is Benteke is a prolific scorer. Almost 1 in 2 for club and country his whole career despite multiple injuries and falling out of favour at Liverpool.

He's still 20 goals short of matching his Villa tally and he's been gone for nearly 4 years. I know he's been injured but he just doesn't look like the same player we had.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 8pints said:

Benteke also tends to score his goals in clusters so you never know, we may be on the cusp of a Davis cluster.

Agree. He is been unlucky at times. I can think of 3 times he has hit the bar, other times keepers have made great save etc. The goals will come. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

His hold up play has been way better than Benteke's. Of course the lack of goals is a major difference, though don't forget it took big Chris a while to get going. There were many who thought he wasn't much cop right up until Christmas that season. 

In any event the sample size is small at this stage. 12 apps 2 goals means little right now.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

He's a different player to Benteke - much more of a Heskey in terms of style.  Holds the ball up, brings others into play and tries to get on the end of things in the box.

It's exactly what Heskey did so well for many years.

• Like 1

I mean look, Heskey is much derided for various reasons but the bloke has 62 caps for England and scored in a world cup at a time they had a very good team. He spent 4 and a half years at Liverpool and basically played every game. He even played for The Villa. If Davis is half the player and has half the career Heskey had we are on to a good one. 

I think he can be. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Â