Keinan Davis

a-k

I think the writing is finally on the wall.....so sad for him, but maybe the right time for us to act.

Its always very,very sad for any player to have an injury record to deal with like this.

Its never a quick recovery with Keinan either, it's so cruel.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LockStockVilla said:

The only silver lining, and I feel awful saying this, is that it hopefully forces us into buying another striker. 

He was leaving on loan anyway, if anything the injury means he might be on our bench when he recovers which makes us less likely to buy someone. 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I think the writing is finally on the wall.....so sad for him, but maybe the right time for us to act.

Its always very,very sad for any player to have an injury record to deal with like this.

Unfortunately at this rate for Keinan I feel that his life is outside of football, sometimes you can't do the things you want because your body don't allow it. He may never heal properly now, it seems like he picks the Injurys up in quick succession.

I believe it's time to act myself I felt that last season but the club has had patience where us fans do not and that has to be appreciated that both player and club tried to work through this together.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

the writing may be on the wall, but he has 3 years left on his contract doesnt he??

He's only out for two months, still plenty of the season left to play when he returns so I'd still be looking to find him a loan move, if it's really true that half the championship were looking at him then surely one of them would be willing to wait for him to get fit again, they'd still have him from October until May. Even a loan to a League One side would be better for him than not getting any game time with us...

And nothing to stop him staying at Bodymoor Heath until he's ready to play again.

I'd agree selling him at this point.

Not because I can't see potential or ability in him but basically because he is the striker version of Tuanzebe.

You can never rely on him  to stay fit and be available for selection.

• 2 months later...

Thought I would give this a bump based on what Archer is doing. That puts Davis even further down the pecking order. I am not really sure why he is still with the club as he should have gone out on loan at least 12 months ago. We are not progressing his career and he is not contributing really to the match day squad anymore. He seems to be a in career twilight zone.Its a shame as he is seems a good guy and always gives 100% but really needs to move on now.

We'll let him go end of the season given Archer's development (and perhaps we'll recall Louie Barry and find him a better loan so he plays a bit and so could be option for next season's squad).

That's the problem with him getting regularly injured, eventually a forward will emerge who'll take your spot on the bench and Archer has done that.

Davis not having a loan spell at any point in last 4 years after his breakthrough under Steve Bruce is completely bizarre when you think about it, would love to know the clubs reasons as he's pretty much just warmed the bench for all that time when available.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Davis not having a loan spell at any point in last 4 years after his breakthrough under Steve Bruce is completely bizarre when you think about it, would love to know the clubs reasons as he's pretty much just warmed the bench for all that time when available.

We seem to have a weird belief as a club - from manager to supporters - that having 3 strikers is a luxury. Because of that we were constantly undermanned in the department for that period, which never gave a clear window for a loan.

Don't actually agree with the comments that this is the end for Davis.

I actually made the comment at half time on Sunday that it would have been the perfect game for Keinan; we were struggling to keep hold of the ball up front with both Watkins and Ings not impacting the game. I actually think Davis would have been a good option to have brought on to bring a new dynamic to the game.

If we can continue to play with two strikers there is room in the squad for both Davis and Archer to be the backup strikers.

I do agree that time is running out for Davis though, and he will need to prove himself with goals and assists at his next opportunity. Although a run of games and 90 minute spells will help this if they become available after his recovery.

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The club have to take the blame for Davis' lack of development over the last few years; he's been incredibly mis managed from youth to first team.

Thankfully he is one of the last from that batch of youngsters who came through.

In saying that, he wasn't loaned because he was so highly thought of and there is a still a chance for him to prove people wrong.

54 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Don't actually agree with the comments that this is the end for Davis.

I actually made the comment at half time on Sunday that it would have been the perfect game for Keinan; we were struggling to keep hold of the ball up front with both Watkins and Ings not impacting the game. I actually think Davis would have been a good option to have brought on to bring a new dynamic to the game.

If we can continue to play with two strikers there is room in the squad for both Davis and Archer to be the backup strikers.

I do agree that time is running out for Davis though, and he will need to prove himself with goals and assists at his next opportunity. Although a run of games and 90 minute spells will help this if they become available after his recovery.

Depends how many we can support though. Currently playing two upfront but at some stage this season we'll go back to just 1 upfront I think. Ings and Ollie obviously here for next few years unless we get a stupid bid from someone, Archer coming through nicely and will probably chip in with a goal or two in prem at some point. Don't think Wes will come back tbh so this Brugge loan is partly to get him back on the radar of mid sized euro clubs.

Likes of Traore and Bailey could also play CF if we had injuries. If we let Wes and Davis go end of the season that gives scope to get in a younger forward from europe or elsewhere to develop like that Alvarez guy from River Plate we were linked with for a few weeks in the summer.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Depends how many we can support though. Currently playing two upfront but at some stage this season we'll go back to just 1 upfront I think. Ings and Ollie obviously here for next few years unless we get a stupid bid from someone, Archer coming through nicely and will probably chip in with a goal or two in prem at some point. Don't think Wes will come back tbh so this Brugge loan is partly to get him back on the radar of mid sized euro clubs.

Likes of Traore and Bailey could also play CF if we had injuries. If we let Wes and Davis go end of the season that gives scope to get in a younger forward from europe or elsewhere to develop like that Alvarez guy from River Plate we were linked with for a few weeks in the summer.

There is also Caleb Chukwuemeka coming through. he looks promising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Thought I would give this a bump based on what Archer is doing. That puts Davis even further down the pecking order. I am not really sure why he is still with the club as he should have gone out on loan at least 12 months ago. We are not progressing his career and he is not contributing really to the match day squad anymore. He seems to be a in career twilight zone.Its a shame as he is seems a good guy and always gives 100% but really needs to move on now.

I had this exact conversation with a colleague earlier. Even when Keinan is fit I'd rather see Archer get the games now. Keinan has had opportunities and I like his attitude and work rate but at some point the club need to make the decision.

He's definitely not at premier league level and at his age he really needs to be playing regular football.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I had this exact conversation with a colleague earlier. Even when Keinan is fit I'd rather see Archer get the games now. Keinan has had opportunities and I like his attitude and work rate but at some point the club need to make the decision.

He's definitely not at premier league level and at his age he really needs to be playing regular football.

In the ye olden days he would probably have moved on by going down a division. But the gap in what you can earn in wages from even a PL backup player to a bog standard championship club is huge. Overall despite his application and some positive attributes he is just  a better version of Jordan Bowery.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â