Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Davis should never be near the game day squad again, he’s never been good enough and now we have the players in depth we have it’s a no brainer his time is up.  It would be a bad sign if had had to turn to Davis as an option.  His time run out a long time ago at this club, I wish him well further down the leagues at another club.

Harsh, but sadly true.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He will still be on a very modest salary even at Championship level

He has zero profile to command big wages. I'd say he's on less even with his latest deal than the likes of RHM and Delfouneso were earning as U23s 5 -10 year ago

According to FM he’s on £25k a week. No reason to believe that’s the exact figure but I’d be surprised if he’s on less than £10k a week.

17 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

In the ye olden days he would probably have moved on by going down a division. But the gap in what you can earn in wages from even a PL backup player to a bog standard championship club is huge. Overall despite his application and some positive attributes he is just  a better version of Jordan Bowery.

Yep totally agree. It's not his fault, it's the clubs fault for putting him on those wages that (I would argue) he hasn't earned. He's just signed a pay rise that was put infront of him, which of us wouldn't want to do the same thing for more money? It's made him impossible to shift though and stunted his development as a footballer. It's a difficult one because I wouldn't want to speak ill of him as he's done nothing to warrant it but for all his good attitude on the pitch it does make you question whether he really wants to play football or is just living the easy life.

I think if I were him I would have been actively trying to get a move (loan or perm) even if I had to take a wage drop to do it. At the end of the day I think even if he had to drop to say 20k (a 20% reduction) I think he's still be living pretty comfortably. 

For context, Google tells me he's on 25k that puts him on a level with the following players (last seasons figures)

John Swift £25,000 £1,300,000 Reading England 25 M/AM (C)
Jonny Howson £25,000 £1,300,000 Middlesbrough England 32 D (RC), WB (R), DM, M (C)
Jack Stacey £25,000 £1,300,000 AFC Bournemouth England 24 D/WB (R)
Joe Ralls £25,000 £1,300,000 Cardiff City England 26 M (LC)
Jack Clarke £25,000 £1,300,000 Stoke City England 19 M (R), AM (RL)
Junior Hoilett £25,000 £1,300,000 Cardiff City Canada 30 M/AM (RL)
Lewis Grabban £25,000 £1,300,000 Nottingham Forest England 32 ST (C)
Craig Cathcart £25,000 £1,300,000 Watford N.Ireland 31 D (RC)
Josh Murphy £25,000 £1,300,000 Cardiff City England 25 AM (RL), ST (C

Source - https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/highest-paid/

Ahead of some other players who have a much higher profile than Keinan.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nick76 said:

Davis should never be near the game day squad again, he’s never been good enough and now we have the players in depth we have it’s a no brainer his time is up.  It would be a bad sign if we had to turn to Davis as an option.  His time run out a long time ago at this club, I wish him well further down the leagues at another club.

While his latest injury is really unfortunate timing, I think he's done now too. With the emergence of our youth players I can't see how he will get back in the team. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nicho said:

He is surely done here. Had his moments and he clearly has something, just not good enough for this level or where we want to be. 

I think Keinan's career has been poorly managed by the club. Yes his injury problems have set him back but he wasn't given enough games here and should have been loaned out to speed up his development.

Also from watching him it seems there was an obsession to get him to hold the ball up at the detriment to getting in good scoring positions. That can't have helped his confidence, as strikers need goals. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think Keinan's career has been poorly managed by the club. Yes his injury problems have set him back but he wasn't given enough games here and should have been loaned out to speed up his development.

Also from watching him it seems there was an obsession to get him to hold the ball up at the detriment to getting in good scoring positions. That can't have helped his confidence, as strikers need goals. 

Does he get no blame at all? He may have known this would be the peak of his career for earning top money he could.  He could’ve pushed for a loan or move if he felt the club mismanaged him.

As for detriment of getting in good scoring positions, half of that at least was his fault because he also didn’t have the natural instinct to get into scoring positions and when he did he had no real instinct for scoring.  He was just never a striker at this level.

His career suited both him and the club.  An extra body at the club, cheap during transitional years between leagues and for him earning more money than he would elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Not sure why people are laying into him, he’s a very talented footballer, perhaps just not a striker. His hold up play is some of the best I’ve seen since we had Benteke, he’s also surprisingly agile and very good with his feet considering his frame. Even if it doesn’t work out for him here, there’s no need for shooting him down. 

I don't agree that people are "laying into him" or "shooting him down".

If anything people are trying to help the guy. He's not going to get first team football, he's arguably now behind even Cameron Archer in the pecking order. He's at an age where he should be a regular for somebody and isn't. Those things aren't being crual to him, they're just reality. He has some good attributes, but he hasn't justified a starting place and won't given the opportunities he' likely to get here.

Nobody on here has come on and laid into him.

He'll be a great asset for a mid to lower Championship club, if he decides he wants to play and take a wage reduction that will allow a club of that level to sign him. At the moment it's down to him, the club can't make that decision for him. The alternative is he becomes the new Micah Richards, taking wages he isn't justifying because no one else would pay him at that kind of level until at some point his contract expires and the decision will be made for him, and he'll need to make his way in the world like everyone else.

• Like 1

Think that it's time to part ways with Keinan now. Really hoped he would start pushing for starting places but it really hasn't happened for him. We have better options now and he won't get near the first team as things stand. Poor guy always seems to carry an injury as well.

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can we flog him to Newcastle for 75 mill?

In a month's time maybe.

18 hours ago, nick76 said:

Davis should never be near the game day squad again, he’s never been good enough and now we have the players in depth we have it’s a no brainer his time is up.  It would be a bad sign if we had to turn to Davis as an option.  His time run out a long time ago at this club, I wish him well further down the leagues at another club.

Almost harsh but true. Good luck Keinan, get fit and get a club.

Edit, damn, no idea why or how I quoted both posts.

Edited by Phil Silvers

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes I think he could and have suggested it before but received little support for the idea 

If i'm honest, i've made the suggestion of him being a CM or DM in the past but obviously laughed off.

He is actually a good footballer, and strong as an ox, can pass, and has good feet.

Obviously, also because I like him and wanted him to make it here desperately.

Sadly, especially with the emergence of talent in the middle of the park, this is not not an option either.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Does he get no blame at all? He may have known this would be the peak of his career for earning top money he could.  He could’ve pushed for a loan or move if he felt the club mismanaged him.

As for detriment of getting in good scoring positions, half of that at least was his fault because he also didn’t have the natural instinct to get into scoring positions and when he did he had no real instinct for scoring.  He was just never a striker at this level.

His career suited both him and the club.  An extra body at the club, cheap during transitional years between leagues and for him earning more money than he would elsewhere.

How do you know he hasn't been pushing for a loan? He might have been pushing for it every season but the club weren't allowing him to leave due to a lack of strikers at the club.

Â