Keinan Davis

a-k

9 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I agree. I think regular game time is key for KD and will allow us to see whether he has it or not.

I can't believe Smith now wants him at Norwich - according to the press speculation - having regularly failed to utilise him over the last 18 months. Surely he would not want to go there under DS??

I can believe it.

Davis is a decent focal point that will go well with their long ball philosophy.

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

I agree. I think regular game time is key for KD and will allow us to see whether he has it or not.

I can't believe Smith now wants him at Norwich - according to the press speculation - having regularly failed to utilise him over the last 18 months. Surely he would not want to go there under DS??

He won’t have Ollie Watkins and Danny Ings in front of him at Norwich, it would be the perfect move for him, if we could get £7m for him it would be good business 

Edited by gwi1890

42 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He won’t have Ollie Watkins and Danny Ings in front of him at Norwich, it would be the perfect move for him, if we could get £7m for him it would be good business 

Pukki will still play whenever he's fit so seems a bit pointless unless he's moving to two upfront (e.g. thinks 3-5-2 is better fit for them than here.)

Logical move is to go to championship and actually start some games if he can stay fit.

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pukki will still play whenever he's fit so seems a bit pointless unless he's moving to two upfront (e.g. thinks 3-5-2 is better fit for them than here.)

Logical move is to go to championship and actually start some games if he can stay fit.

Possibly, but Pukki isn’t getting any younger, soon to be 32 so he might fancy his chances 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

£7m for Davis, good business? It would be daylight robbery. I'd be delighted to let him go for half that

I honestly think £3 million to a lesser Championship side would be good business for everyone involved. 

Where did you get the £7m from?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I honestly think £3 million to a lesser Championship side would be good business for everyone involved. 

Where did you get the £7m from?

@gwi1890's post a couple above mine.

Honestly, I'd be surprised but happy for him if he ever plays for another PL club, but a good run of games in the Championship could be good for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

there is not a superlative in the english dictionary that conveys how good business £7m would be. an absolutely ludicrous suggestion.

Why not? If Norwich really wanted him we could is he worth that no not really but , there has to come a point were we try command a bigger fee for players other teams want, is he any worse than Solanke? £20m , Brewster £23m , Wesley   £22m, Us trying to sell Keinan Davis for third of the value is ludicrous? Last time I checked it was 2021 not 1996 

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Why not? If Norwich really wanted him we could is he worth that no not really but , there has to come a point were we try command a bigger fee for players other teams want, is he any worse than Solanke? £20m , Brewster £23m , Wesley   £22m, Us trying to sell Keinan Davis for third of the value is ludicrous? Last time I checked it was 2021 not 1996 

Last time I checked it was Keinan Davis. As much as I like him and had high hopes for him, he isn't very good.

Other than on here I can't find any speculation at all linking him with a move to Norwich, even if it was a made up rumour from 'football insider' or similar, it would be all over twitter, but there's nothing. They've already got Pukki and Josh Sargent who's fairly highly rated and who they paid a big fee for by their standards, so at Norwich he would probably be third choice as well.

Edited by useless

22 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Neither are the others especially at that price 

Solanke had an absolutely stellar youth career. Brewster was highly rated and proved and was good enough for the championship before he even hit 20. Wesley was an up and coming 6'4 beast of a striker who won the Belgian young footballer of the year.

It's easy to say in hindsight that these were bad transfers, but there was a reason all these clubs spent so much money on these guys. They were all very highly rated youngsters and the clubs hoped that by moving early, they'd get a hold of a future elite striker before they end up costing many times more. 

Davis right now is older than all of them at the time of their transfers, much more injury prone and has accomplished much less than any of them. Suffice to say, not many clubs will be thinking Davis has the potential to turn into a world class striker in the future. So they're not gonna pay that kind of money for him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

bournemouth paid for solanke's potential. he'd played PL and CL football for liverpool and was seen as good enough. he'd played for england at all youth levels including getting the golden boot at the U17 world cup. know how many england youth appearances davis has? zero...not a single one. i might also remind you that bournemouth are 2nd in the championship now, with solanke the league's joint 2nd highest scorer. remember how davis looked even in the championship? i'm not saying solanke is any good. we know he's also not PL quality. but there was a method to the madness of that fee, that's all. davis has done nothing to justify a £7m price tag.

brewster was quality for swansea and was bought off the back of that season, and liverpool felt the need to insert a 40m buy back into that deal so they obviously want the option to get him back

wesley was an established CL player

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

bournemouth paid for solanke's potential. he'd played PL and CL football for liverpool and was seen as good enough. he'd played for england at all youth levels including getting the golden boot at the U17 world cup. know how many england youth appearances davis has? zero...not a single one. i might also remind you that bournemouth are 2nd in the championship now, with solanke the league's joint 2nd highest scorer. remember how davis looked even in the championship? i'm not saying solanke is any good. we know he's also not PL quality. but there was a method to the madness of that fee, that's all. davis has done nothing to justify a £7m price tag.

brewster was quality for swansea and was bought off the back of that season, and liverpool felt the need to insert a 40m buy back into that deal so they obviously want the option to get him back

wesley was an established CL player

Either way £7m is a third! Of the value of the above, it’s not that ludicrous, all I said was it would be goos business if we could get that for him in the first place 🤣🤦🏿

On 28/10/2021 at 10:55, TrentVilla said:

What is it, 3 goals in 70+ games, almost 24. There is zero reason to think he can score goals, he will move on this summer I’m sure.

I believe, there will be a few upgrades, that may catch some of the fans by surprise.

Â