Keinan Davis

a-k

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Very good news. Good to see him back.

Ready to sell him in January!

Probably get injured again before then as usual.  Just wish he could hit the goal as often as he hit the treatment table would be a start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

Why is that very good news in your opinion?

Does him being fit harm us in any way shape or form? Maybe it's good for Keinan's mental state to be back on the pitch. Just because you don't rate a player doesn't mean we should wish him to remain injured.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Does him being fit harm us in any way shape or form? Maybe it's good for Keinan's mental state to be back on the pitch. Just because you don't rate a player doesn't mean we should wish him to remain injured.

Sorry, it wasn’t meant in any way against Keinan. More to do with the poster actually, I think he just likes going against the grain and was questioning his sincerity.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I think Keinan is a very different type to the strikers we currently have.

If we want to go more direct and play with a target man he'd be a great option off the bench.

I'm not in any shape or form suggesting starting him.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If we want to go more direct and play with a target man he'd be a great option off the bench.

I agree Keinan is a very different type of striker to the strikers we currently have.

Watkins and Ings are PL quality, Keinan isn’t.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I genuinely have always wanted Keinan to succeed, he has all the physical and technical ability to be a really good target man, but he rarely actual threatens the goal and has had horrid luck with injuries.

Get him fit, get him a loan in January where he can get regular starts - something he has never had with Villa, and we can see if he can turn potential into goals, he's 23 but there is still time for him to come good for us. But sat on the bench behind Archer, Ings et al is pointless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Because it is he’s no longer injured he can train and play football, I agree with most he isn’t good enough for us but a Young man coming back from injury is always a positive it’s hardly good news if he’s on the treatment table is it

16 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Because it is he’s no longer injured he can train and play football, I agree with most he isn’t good enough for us but a Young man coming back from injury is always a positive it’s hardly good news if he’s on the treatment table is it

I explained what I meant above, read the thread please before trying to call me out for something like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAL said:

Only way he plays is if we have a huge injury crisis and even then he would get injured after one game

Could see him coming on tomorrow. If Traore is injured then our attacking sub options will be Davis, Archer and AEG so pretty likely we'd put him on if we're winning with 15 minutes left to try to hold onto the ball and win some free kicks.

Obviously yeah if everyone is actually fit for the same game once this season he'll struggle to make matchday squad but we're a long way off that currently.

Glad for him that he’s back and can get on with his career. He’s great at everything a striker does except scoring, which is obviously not ideal.

If i’m honest I don’t see him at Villa in the medium or even short term, but I sincerely hope he finds a place for himself at a Championship team where I think he can be effective. 

Hope he kicks on and makes me eat those words.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2021 at 19:13, villalad21 said:

I agree too that he is different type of striker.  He don't score us goals for a start!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Haha 1

On 15/10/2021 at 14:47, Woody1000 said:

What an incredibly strange comment. I'm truly baffled. 

Edit. Sorry, seen your explanation 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â