Keinan Davis

a-k

I don't understand him. I have to think there is some sort of sabermetrics stat at which he is excellent - maybe to do with holding up the ball - and that’s the reason he continues to hang around. I.e. if he could just finish a little better.

In the champsionship, where Bruce ball is far more prevalent, he could do well now he’s matured a bit.

Honestly, I think he could be an absolute League One monster. It feels like he is destined to boing between leagues to me.

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 1

Loan is two years too late. Still better late than never.

Don't think we can fail with this. He'll either score a few at Stoke and we can get a couple of million for him in Jan. Or he's like he is here, odd decent 20 minutes, injuries, lack of goals etc and we know for sure (well probably already is apparent) he isn't good enough.

I think it's right sort of club for him at least as Michael O'Neil always played with big targetman for Northern Ireland. Must mean we're close to getting another attacker in if he's on the verge of going out.

• Like 1

He needs to go to a level and club  where he can start every game . I'm not sure Stoke is a good match as he will need to hit the ground running there and if he doesn't he will be back to square one. Low in confidence  and on the bench with tons of pressure on him when he comes on. 

If he has to go down another league to guarantee a start then I would rather him go there than sit on the bench at Stoke or another high pressure club.

Its a big move for Keinan and a hard one to make the right choice but I'm confident that he has the ability to play at high championship, low premier league levels but he needs to build his confidence up from a lower level where they have the patience to let him grow.

• Like 1

He pretty much always plays well, standard performance and effort from him. Needs a loan though, unfair to keep him on our bench to be hardly used; if Wesley's deemed not good enough or not ready, then bring someone else in.

• Like 1

Don’t write this kid off, he will never get lots of goals but is a handful. Get him out on loan and let him play games. He reminds me of Michail Antonio, he can work the channels well and give defenders a hard time. Also MA didn’t begin to blossom until he got to 27, before that he was a bit of a journey man. 

Edited by WHY

53 minutes ago, WHY said:

Don’t right this kid off, he will never get lots of goals but is a handful. Get him out on loan and let him play games. He reminds me of Michail Antonio, he can work the channels well and give defenders a hard time. Also MA didn’t begin to blossom until he got to 27, before that he was a bit of a journey man. 

Just no way we can send this guy out on loan watching Wesley today.

I thought Keinan worked well as a backup striker last season.

Offered something different and generally played well.

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just no way we can send this guy out on loan watching Wesley today.

I thought Keinan worked well as a backup striker last season.

Offered something different and generally played well.

He needs to play matches for his development, he won’t develop with 10/15 minute cameos.

• Like 1

Today’s performance showed that he must be given minutes. That won’t be with us so it has to be out on loan. 

This guy wandering around with a swagger and bullying defenders would be terrifying. Let’s get his confidence up and see what he’s made of.

Nevertheless, I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: I don’t want him near the first team for us this season. Equally, I don’t think Wes is at all ready for any sort of comeback. 

Â