Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, useless said:

Put him in the championship and watch him do his thing, he'd be a £20m plus player by the end of the season. I'd offer him a years extension to his contract and try and get him a loan, championship is the obvious choice, but maybe he could go to one of the top divisions abroad like in Belgium or Holland or somewhere like that.

He has already played in the Championship and didn't look that awesome. He was young but players similar to him like Wickham and Jerome shone in the Championship at similar ages

He turned our season around, at times looked unplayable, and was being linked with a big money move to the Premier League. I've no doubt that if he goes somewhere where he can get game time and stay clear of injuries that the perception of him will change. We just have to do the right thing by him and allow him to go on loan. It's not even as if he's looked bad in the premier league in his limited chances, never mind the championship.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Keinan is a good lad. He's willing, fairly hard working and is built like an old fashioned centre forward. The problem is that he's a striker with an almost non existent end product. Number 9 is a hugely important position, and unfortunately KD hasn't got the instinctive qualities or technical abilities to lead Villa's line.

I really hope he get's a good loan where he can play every week and sharpen his game. If he does improve then I can see a decent Championship club buying him. Imo with the fact that we're targeting top 7 this season and then higher the following season,  he's not got a chance of playing regular football at AVFC, so we're currently wasting Keinan's time.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Keinan is a good lad. He's willing, fairly hard working and is built like an old fashioned centre forward. The problem is that he's a striker with an almost non existent end product. Number 9 is a hugely important position, and unfortunately KD hasn't got the instinctive qualities or technical abilities to lead Villa's line.

I really hope he get's a good loan where he can play every week and sharpen his game. If he does improve then I can see a decent Championship club buying him. Imo with the fact that we're targeting top 7 this season and then higher the following season,  he's not got a chance of playing regular football at AVFC, so we're currently wasting Keinan's time.

Difficult to argue with any of that. The only thing I would say is that 38 starts on loan may give him the experience and confidence to come back a different player. 

I can’t say I’ve got much confidence in him having a career here, but a loan this season is a must and will prove valuable, be it for his future here, or like you said, in sale value. 

8 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

He reminds me, in some ways of Heskey...in as much he has some of his attributes and some of his failings...Heskey was never prolific, but held the ball up.

Keinan is similar.

I know it's a bit of a coincidence, but I can't help thinking about how both Fulham and Albion had the respective stuffings knocked out of their survival campaigns at Villa Park, both when Keinan Davis managed to make rare telling attacking contributions. Him coming off the bench pretty much did for both of them lol.

• Like 2

On 21/05/2021 at 00:49, useless said:

He turned our season around, at times looked unplayable, and was being linked with a big money move to the Premier League. I've no doubt that if he goes somewhere where he can get game time and stay clear of injuries that the perception of him will change. We just have to do the right thing by him and allow him to go on loan. It's not even as if he's looked bad in the premier league in his limited chances, never mind the championship.

We need a prolific goal scorer in the squad, to support Ollie.

I suspect the academy might provide one, but not just yet.

It would be great, if Brad Young or Louie Barry turned in to a Defoe or Vardy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know it's a bit of a coincidence, but I can't help thinking about how both Fulham and Albion had the respective stuffings knocked out of their survival campaigns at Villa Park, both when Keinan Davis managed to make rare telling attacking contributions. Him coming off the bench pretty much did for both of them lol.

I think its instances like that, that have divided opinion and have the Villa Staff staying with him.

He does need to go out on Loan, if nothing more than to see, if he adds goals to his game or not.

• Like 1

Davis needs to go on loan and get a full season under his belt, if he can start banging some goals in while in the Champ, it might do wonders for both his confidence and his development.

For me he also isnt like an "old" centre forward, yes he has some attributes of an "old" centre forward, in terms of being physically strong, able to hold the ball up etc, but i also think his ability to move the ball well skill wise is very underrated when people discuss him, personally i think he actually has a very good all round game apart from the really critical one....goals!

Thing is though, he wont have a chance of developing that if he's on the bench 99% of the time, if he is to develop he needs a good full season in the starting 11, then we will see what he can, or cannot do, imo.

A loan to a Champ club where he is guaranteed a start is really important imo, again, no point in loaning him to a team for him to sit on the bench there also.....

On a final note, i remember in his first season breaking in to the first team when we were in the Champ, i watched the highlights and saw this kid ripping up the opposition by running past them skilfully and bullying the defnece, i was like.......damn who is this kid.....that season he was linked with Manure etc, he clearly had and has talent, as above, i think a full season on loan, getting 90 minutes week in, week out will tell us where he actually is.

He just isn't a natural finisher.However that is something that should have been indentified earlier in his career. He could have been  fantastic holding midfielder with his strength. 

I feel for him in many ways as he is now nearly 24 and still unproven .

I think the club like him but he just hasn’t really progressed sufficiently. The staff probably fear that he could be the one that got away if they move him on. A loan is probably the answer for all parties. 

• Like 1

I've been a fan and defender of of his generally, strong as an ox with a good touch but that miss in the 2nd half when he didn't get on the end of a Guilbert cross was just another example of how he lacks that natural forwards instinct. I'd loan him out to the championship with a view to trying to get a good fee for him next season.

Its disappointing he hasn't really kicked on the last few seasons since that purple patch under Bruce in the champ but for where we are now and where we're aiming to go he's not ready for what we need.

• Like 1

Could anyone see Davis pushing for a striker spot in any of the Top 7 or 8 clubs in the PL? I certainly couldn’t and if that’s where we’re aiming to get to sooner rather than later then he needs to be sent out on loan to see whether he can cut it in the league below, let alone at the top of this league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Could anyone see Davis pushing for a striker spot in any of the Top 7 or 8 clubs in the PL? I certainly couldn’t and if that’s where we’re aiming to get to sooner rather than later then he needs to be sent out on loan to see whether he can cut it in the league below, let alone at the top of this league.

No. I love the guy but Championship probably is his level.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Exactly, that’s the way we need to think rather than overrating or being too sentimental over some of our players.

If we want to reach those heights, we need players of, at least, sufficient quality. Or better…

We have a few players that would not be starters or even get much game time at most of those clubs, upgrades are needed…

• Like 2

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree. Love the lad but he is not our number 3 striker, thats now Wesley imho. We need to recruit/ bring up from the academy our number two.

I think Brad Young look a better prospect than Davis and Wesley.

Louie Barry is more of a inside forward rather than a 9.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

I think Brad Young look a better prospect than Davis and Wesley.

Louie Barry is more of a inside forward rather than a 9.

Agree. But we are more likely to find a buyer for Davis than Wesley I reckon. Just because we paid so much for him. A loan for Wesley would help nobody imho.

Â