Keinan Davis

a-k

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

If we are shipping out anyone, it should be Wesley not Davis. I have far more faith in Davis to contribute to a game of football. 

Just not goals though!  Ever!

Can we sell him?

Maybe the idea of loaning him out is to raise his value… makes sense…

He’s not good enough for where we want to be, he’s simply not a goalscorer. Injury prone too…

We only seem to persevere with him and resist criticising him due to sentimentality or the notion that he is somehow “one of our own”. Been around for ages…

He could have a decent career in the Championship… he’s not a PL footballer…

Not good enough for us and where we want to be…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Can we sell him?

He’s not good enough for where we want to be, he’s simply not a goalscorer. Injury prone too…

We only seem to persevere with him and resist criticising him due to sentimentality or the notion that he is somehow “one of our own”. Been around for ages…

This 

Just now, Jas10 said:

Can we sell him?

He should’ve gone on loan two years ago or at least a year ago.  Hope, if it is Stoke, there is a buy clause in the loan deal.  The kid needs a new environment at a lower level and we need to be done with it.  Nice kid but way out of his depth at this level.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He should’ve gone on loan two years ago or at least a year ago.  Hope, if it is Stoke, there is a buy clause in the loan deal.  The kid needs a new environment at a lower level and we need to be done with it.  Nice kid but way out of his depth at this level.

Agree…

Seems to escape criticism…unlike some of our other signings/players…

Definitely out of his depth, not a PL player… strikers should be able to score goals, put chances away…

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can we sell him?

We are not entitled a Premier League place, it is the best league in the World. The club wouldn’t have given him a new 4 year contract if they didn’t believe in his ability on the pitch. I’ve never seen a player that holds the ball up as well as him and brings others in to play. The hardest thing to do in football is to score goals, I’m convinced that if he is given a run in the team in his natural position, he will score goals. I’ve seen him score plenty in the u18s and u23s. I know the first team is a different kettle of fish, it’s a fairytale story with him coming from non-league Biggleswade Town. Every player has to start somewhere

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We are not entitled a Premier League place, it is the best league in the World. The club wouldn’t have given him a new 4 year contract if they didn’t believe in his ability on the pitch. I’ve never seen a player that holds the ball up as well as him and brings others in to play. The hardest thing to do in football is to score goals, I’m convinced that if he is given a run in the team in his natural position, he will score goals. I’ve seen him score plenty in the u18s and u23s. I know the first team is a different kettle of fish, it’s a fairytale story with him coming from non-league Biggleswade Town. Every player has to start somewhere

Entitled? (What relevance does this have?) No, but we earned it…

We’re a club with ambition, we want to get into Europe…

We are building a strong side and adding creative players like Buendia…

Do we need someone to just hold up the ball and be physical? Or do we need someone who can be involved yet still be clinical, to finish off the chances that players around that CF will be creating?

Every player has their level… Keinan can do well elsewhere… we have to continue to progress and only require players that can make a telling contribution. We have young forwards like Barry and Young that could make more of a contribution but have a player like Keinan possibly blocking their pathway…

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No disrespect but that is rubbish, his goal stats are awful at every level.  Even PL2 it’s a goal every 312 minutes.  In the Championship his goal per game ratio is over 1 goal per equivalent of 9 games (1 goal every 826.5 minutes).  His general play isn’t even that great, he has some great moments then does nothing for most of the game.  His hold up play is mostly in non-dangerous areas and his assists are low.  

Definitely a fairytale, he’s Robinhood because he’s robbing a PL living for the poor ability he has for this level.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/keinan-davis/leistungsdaten/spieler/412660

09FE53E6-97E9-48A5-A47E-376809254F3F.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Entitled? (What relevance does this have?) No, but we earned it…

We’re a club with ambition, we want to get into Europe…

We are building a strong side and adding creative players like Buendia…

Do we need someone to just hold up the ball and be physical? Or do we need someone who can be involved yet still be clinical, to finish off the chances that players around that CF will be creating?

Every player has their level… Keinan can do well elsewhere… we have to continue to progress and only require players that can make a telling contribution. We have young forwards like Barry and Young that could make more of a contribution but have a player like Keinan possibly blocking their pathway…

When we were relegated in 2016, I felt that we took our Premier League place for granted. We had a lot of players with a lot of Premier League experience in the squad, it was a gamble and it didn’t pay off culminating in our relegation. I feel that we are in a different place now, we have vibrant new and rich owners, an excellent young manager and a squad full of international and Premier League quality players and we are in a good place if you ask me, others might think differently 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

When we were relegated in 2016, I felt that we took our Premier League place for granted. We had a lot of players with a lot of Premier League experience in the squad, it was a gamble and it didn’t pay off culminating in our relegation. I feel that we are in a different place now, we have vibrant new and rich owners, an excellent young manager and a squad full of international and Premier League quality players and we are in a good place if you ask me, others might think differently 

Sure..

But what does any of that have to do with Keinan Davis?

I have to question why the actual hell the club still have davis as a backup striker.

Have 2 seasons of gambling with striker's not shown the need for quality backup??

Davis should have been loaned with an option to buy to the championship last season..i cannot understand why this has not happened 3 weeks before this new season starts?.

I have serious doubts about how we are going to strengthen our midfield and our forward line in the next week or so.

This talk about "competing for europe"....Looking at the teams who will be competing, they are miles ahead of us in strength ,quality and squad depth

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s part of that squad and recently signed a new 4 year contract so the club and manager obviously rate him as I do

Ok, let’s get him out on loan and see how he does… maybe he can prove some of us wrong, but I just can’t see it. We need better and more effective players for where we want to be right now.. actual goalscorers…

27 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, let’s get him out on loan and see how he does… maybe he can prove some of us wrong, but I just can’t see it. We need better and more effective players for where we want to be right now.. actual goalscorers…

Where do we want to be?

I’d call Watkins a natural goalscorer, he has a real knack of being in the right place at the right time, it cannot be taught 

I saw Davis score regularly for the u23s when he played for them, I fully understand that the first team is a different kettle of fish altogether 

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where do we want to be?

I’d call Watkins a natural goalscorer, he has a real knack of being in the right place at the right time, it cannot be taught 

I saw Davis score regularly for the u23s when he played for them, I fully understand that the first team is a different kettle of fish altogether 

We are chasing the European spots… building a stronger and, hopefully, more creative team.

So whoever plays at CF (starter or sub) needs to be reliable and be able to score goals, to clinically finish off the chances that come his way.

Ollie is outstanding… Keinan doesn’t compare…not an adequate backup as he is not a finisher or goalscorer…

That’s just the way I see it.

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s only scored 7 goals for our U23s, 1 goal every 340 minutes…so regularly is a big stretch and most of that was 5 years ago in 16/17 season.

• Like 1

The safest bet is surely a loan to the Championship for this season. I agree we run the risk of being sentimental about 'one of our own' but the truth is he has never set the world alight at any level for us and we cannot risk relying on him if we get the inevitable injuries. A season elsewhere to prove himself but most likely we will be selling him this time next year.

On 25/07/2021 at 02:20, sir_gary_cahill said:

I saw Davis score regularly for the u23s when he played for them, I fully understand that the first team is a different kettle of fish altogether.

KPRF2O26L7MHVJEBMB5ATTJWTE.jpg

I noticed he was at the Bristol City game but not named as a sub, maybe a sign that a loan deal isn't far away. Something might happen soon as the Championship season starts next week, and if Bailey can play as a striker then maybe that will give us more confidence to allow him to leave temporarily. Will probably see a lot more players going out on loan over the coming weeks.

Edited by useless

Â