Keinan Davis

a-k

Not a bad performance he had sod all to feed off, the players apparently rate him but apparently they don't care enough to put in a better shift to give the lad a chance to shine. I smell a loan next season.

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

At 23 years old, he’s not going to suddenly get twice as good. 

I think this is essentially it. We see a young lad coming through the ranks and we probably become blinded by hope over evidence. It's actually incredible that at 23 we are still talking about some future point where a non-scoring striker suddenly takes the league by storm. I think it points to our current, lowly position as a club. If we intend to progress, he won't be here next season.

• Like 3

When you are consistently making a case for a striker who just doesn't score goals at this level, and try and justify your argument by highlighting other strengths of his game, you are pissing into the wind. Like saying such and such is a great " ball playing centre half " yeah but can he defend!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So if he " wasn't close to the worst player on the pitch " , but you think he's a League One level player, what does this say about the rest, and supporting cast?

My honest answer to that is 'form'. That was Keinan, it was typical Keinan, in fact I doubt anyone could tell me the difference between a good performance and a bad performance with him as the standard is so low.

The other players actually impacted on the game. Unfortunately they were largely negative impacts!! But they all are/were capable of playing at in and around this level. They've shown it. Their form brings them down due to expectation and because they were actually involved in the game. Davis wasn't the worst because he wasn't involved. He stayed on 0 while others were minus.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He has played a total of 258 minutes. ( 2.8 matches ) at " this level " this season and got 1 goal and an assist.

Now I get not rating him at all,  and the argument for him not being good enough, but context is everything.

There have been matches where Ollie ( Who is far and away our best striker ) has looked worse than Davis did today.

It's incredible how we magically discount lack of service, fluidity, or any sort of offering from the rest of the team, which helps strikers, when it comes to him.

If it was a new shiny toy signing, the comments would be " he needs time to settle, hasn't gotten enough rhythm to find form, has no support etc ).

The kid is in an impossible, lose lose situation here. All of a sudden, the good things he did single handedley to help us win points this season are thrown out the window.

Question, do you think he would have performed better, if the team and support performed better?

I think he needs a move as well, as again, I think he is in a lose lose situation with a large section of fans here.

We can all use that stat but it doesn't work out favourably for him;

This year you say 258mins and 1 goal, 1 assist. Let's go to last year... 657 minutes, 0 goals, 0 assists (7+ games)

But that's Premier League, maybe he'd be prolific in Championship? Wait, we've been there...

18/19 147 mins, 0 goals, 0 assists (injured a lot for a young kid)

17/18 1635 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist. (18+ games)

Throw in the fact that actually if he's coming in it's because we're throwing kitchen sink at opposition so much more attacking and tyat is woeful.

Hogan, McCormack, Heskey, Harewood are better... I could go on. Delfounso will have a better career than Davis. There's hope and then there's just blind faith and anyone who still sees Davis as having a future at anywhere near the top level of English football is quite simply hoping for a fairytale in my opinion.

• Like 4

Overall today I thought he had a decent enough game. The problem with Keinan is the same as a lot of our players. When it matters they lack the killer instinct sometimes. Very inconsistent the lot of them except Emi, the defence and King Jack. Even Ollie has been inconsistent at times this season. 

When it matters? - that heavy touch he had when he was required to receive a quick pass and the ball went out of play. Playing the ball behind Matty Cash when we were on a counter, blocking Cash's shot. That was a lack of spatial awareness. A few others from today.

When he comes on as a sub he uses his attributes well imo especially against tiring defenders. As I've said before I think the sweet spot for him is 20 minute cameos and it doesn't have to be when we're chasing a game. 

He seems a timid shy footballer and once we start bringing in the cocky bastards the entitled pricks who scream shout moan for every little thing the likes of Davis will improve because they'll pick up these lil things. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He seems a timid shy footballer and once we start bringing in the cocky bastards the entitled pricks who scream shout moan for every little thing the likes of Davis will improve because they'll pick up these lil things

I think that probably sums him up, he’s a sort of gentle giant. Unfortunately gentle doesn’t cut it on the pitch. Players at the top level, especially strikers, need a certain amount of arrogance, which I’m afraid Keinan just doesn’t have. I’m not sure that it’s something you can learn. 

• Like 1

The problem i have with keinan is his postioning.  Its poor. Every time we tried to break keinan was nowhere near dangerous attacking areas.

It took 90th minute for keinan to take players on.

Not good enough i am afraid

He needs to be sold, I think he was very lucky to get a one year extension last season and do not think he should get another.

The more people stick up for certain players here who the rest know full well should be moved on, does leave me wondering what they actually want for the club??

Do you want a museum of all these players in glass cabinets or do you want to bring glory back to VP. We will never have great days while ever we keep players that are the ones that are not performing. Each season should be move on below average players who are inconsistent or can't fulfill there role at Villa. You keep your best and move the rest and if you do any different you won't never be one of the big boys in the league.

Davis would be happy elsewhere and so to would a few other players. I say this all to often but Villa is a business and the moment you as a Owner or manager start treating it any different and having an heart towards players who are not bringing the goods, then your going to take your club down a notch or few especially if ending up collecting many of that type of player. You want the best for Villa and I'm sure everyone can agree? So the best thing is to sell our worst and move them on, make what you can and get the Owners to reinvest with new additions. You keep keeping these players around and you will not have room to sign anyone. Then to top it off you will have a back log of waste that will only drag the club down financially and on the pitch through relegation and defeat after defeat.

You keep your best and sell the worst, you refresh each season and you may actually get to climb the ladder. I'd say we have a few players we need shut of. Now I'm not Smith, Lange, Purslow so who knows what going on in the three amigos heads and what plans they have. Smith will have some tough calls to make if the Owners are still saying we're not stacking players. if the Owners tell Smith he has to sell, then I am curious who is in your list of players to be moved onwards?

Taylor, Davis, Trezegeut, Wesley, Engels, Guilbert, Nakamba, Ghazi. Have probably forgotten some players but that's a sizeable list of possible players that could be moved on, although now you would think Trezegeut won't be because he's injured, Wesley has only just come back, Ghazi is our only Winger other than Traore and Grealish. So yeah that leaves three names possibly knocked off and leaves 5 players that could easy be moved. I mean we could add Hause but he to I think won't be moved on due to the fact he's easy back up for Target.

However we look at it we have to have some players moving on and Davis I think is one of those players. It nice terms he is not enough for where we want to be heading and he certainly isn't good enough for a fight up the top and a run at a Europe spot.

Edited by Dave-R

Last night's performance doesn't change much, he still hasn't had enough game time in which to be judged properly. He needs run of games and to get that he needs to go on loan, and that wouldn't have changed even if he'd have played amazingly last night and scored an hat-trick.

Have to say I was disappointed with his performance last night. I had high hopes after his recent performances off the bench. But I can't sugar coat it - I thought he was poor last night.

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Last night's performance doesn't change much, he still hasn't had enough game time in which to be judged properly. He needs run of games and to get that he needs to go on loan, and that wouldn't have changed even if he'd have played amazingly last night and scored an hat-trick.

What about all the game time in the championship and our first season back in prem? I'm sure he's had plenty of gametime leading uptill now.

You can't keep holding onto players that can't bring the goods often.

I can dig and totally respect the loyalty some of you have for certain players it is wonderful to see from some of you, however I have to really question where you want this club to go? If the answer is up the table then how do we do that by keeping our underperforming players? How do we make a successful club out of players who under perform week in week out. It's no good saying AHH they will be better next season when clearly the chances of that are slim and it may not happen. When players are not fulfilling there roles then they become a liability, which in turn makes them passengers, which in turn starts dragging there team mates down and they start under performing.

Edited by Dave-R

Even if he goes on loan. What are you expecting. At the age of 23 it feels unlikely that hes suddenly going to become a striker who can contribute 15-20 goals in a european chasing squad because that's the bar.

I wasnt disappointed last night, he did what we knew he would do. Used his strength, used his energy and created opportunities. Unfortunately with him on the pitch we generally need to rely on others to take those opportunities and that didnt happen. 

Keinan was fine as a back up striker in a championship team, maybe even relegation threatened team. But he is not and will never be good enough for where we are now and where we wanted to be in the future. You can add many others to that list. It's not a problem, it's the challenge of progress.

• Thanks 1

I think that we have mismanaged Davis. He looks to have the attributes to be decent but he just doesn’t seem to understand his role. He looks like a man, not unsurprisingly, who has not learned his role through experience. The guy needs to go and play for a team that will play him every week. He may never get there. Some people just don’t have it but we need to give him a chance.

It's a never ending problem that he never gets a run in the side. Once he gets one match and doesn't light it up, he's automatically not good enough. Mean while people are content giving Wesley 6 months of straight pure shite and he's apparentley a better option. Or any other player we have that goes on a stupid run of poor performances. But for Davis he has to deliver from the one crumb he gets. It's baffling.

• Like 4

Â