Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Until he plays regularly, in every game, we will be having these conversations forever.

He plays with a lack of personality or confidence, he lacks swagger and devilment.....but is there any wonder, when he gets just cameo roles, or comes in to the side, when they are playing pants.

He has to go out to a championship club and build some game time and see where it takes him....At present, he hasn't got enough to be a premier league regular.

Its a shame, I really like the kid, and am desperate for him to do well.....but decisions are tough and I think we have to face them.

It’s a bit of a chicken and egg situation. He needs games to improve but doesn’t get games because he isn’t good enough. 

He needs to find that little bit extra, a bit of devilment as you said. There’s not always much between a player who makes it at this level and one that just falls short. At the moment Keinan is in the latter bracket and needs to find that extra couple of percent, the clock is ticking for the lad. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s a bit of a chicken and egg situation. He needs games to improve but doesn’t get games because he isn’t good enough. 

He needs to find that little bit extra, a bit of devilment as you said. There’s not always much between a player who makes it at this level and one that just falls short. At the moment Keinan is in the latter bracket and needs to find that extra couple of percent, the clock is ticking for the lad. 

The frustration for me Dave is depite his shortfalls.....I wish a few more in our team had the ability, to stay on/with the ball like Keinan does.

He has all his faults/weaknesses up in lights and others get away with murder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

Looks a far better player when Ollie is on the field with him , I've been very critical of him but has had decent moments this season, still don't think he is good enough for this level though

You have to be a very special player IMO to play with any success up front on your own.

The game in general is about 2's for me.....little partnerships all over the park.

The only 1 should be a Goalie.

Allison has played 8755 minutes of football versus Davis' 801 minutes worth of football. Also most of Davis' appearances come from the bench with little time left in games and litte time for him to get into his rhythm, whereas Allison starts most games and plays the full 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The bloke plays probably on average 6 mins of football a game.

Cheap jibes. Very cheap.

Cheap is ok, sarcastic is not....allegedly.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The bloke plays probably on average 6 mins of football a game.

Cheap jibes. Very cheap.

He needs game time so needs to go out on loan probably at Championship level. Then when we see him banging in goals the very same pondlife taking the p will be up all night with a box of tissues and moaning about him not playing at Villa. 

24 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

He needs game time so needs to go out on loan probably at Championship level. Then when we see him banging in goals the very same pondlife taking the p will be up all night with a box of tissues and moaning about him not playing at Villa. 

And if he doesn’t?

30 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Paul the folk who are complaining about him are entitled to their opinion too....I just find it selective, that he can come under personal scrutiny and I am sure would be distressing if he reads it, and other players get defended.

I am desperate for Keinan to do well, like he is my brother.....but I think he will have to go out on loan, to decide one way or another.....I hope he picks a team that will help him, flourish ..... not any old team, who have little interest in him, but to just use him as a battering ram....He is better than that....He could be another Chris Wood, he has it in him.

I would love the kid to prove everyone wrong.....but I also believe his critiques would too.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Paul the folk who are complaining about him are entitled to their opinion too....

There is a difference between "complaining about him" and taking the p out of him. He's a Villa lad through and through and no Villa fan should take the p out of one of their own. As I keep pointing out, Ollie has failed to score in most of the games he plays in and I don't hear much criticism heading his way.

Edited by Paul33

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

There is a difference between "complaining about him" and taking the p out of him. He's a Villa lad through and through and no Villa fan should take the p out of one of their own. As I keep pointing out, Ollie has failed to score in most of the games he plays in and I don't hear much criticism heading his way.

I don't want to hear or see any derogatory comments about Dean Smith, whether, he is one of us or not....our manager deserves respect.

but that is not to be confused with a grown up debate on our form and I think at times some blur the lines.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Send him to Brentford... 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

If not injured then it could hint that Davis has no future here. 

I will genuinely be surprised if he plays in the prem for us next season

I don't think he will be.

I see Wes being our 3rd choice striker if we sign another during the summer which I think we will.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think he will be.

I see Wes being our 3rd choice striker if we sign another during the summer which I think we will.

Yeah I see it being that way. Barry won't be far off as well.

• Like 1

If ever there was a player that needs to go out on loan its him. A season at a decent Championship club could be his making. What he really needs is game time which at the moment he is unlikely to get at Villa.

Put him in the championship and watch him do his thing, he'd be a £20m plus player by the end of the season. I'd offer him a years extension to his contract and try and get him a loan, championship is the obvious choice, but maybe he could go to one of the top divisions abroad like in Belgium or Holland or somewhere like that.

Â