Keinan Davis

a-k

Surprised with this, shows a lack of ambition.

Has had plenty of opportunities but has shown time and again he's not a championship / premier league striker.

He has some ability, I'm not saying that he doesn't, but maybe a few years ago we should have trained him into a new position.. because a striker he is not.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

At least nobody can say the club isn't charitable. 

It works both ways though. We don't risk him running down his contract and then leaving for nothing. He has the chance to play for us, or to go somewhere on loan and to add the goals that are missing from his game in the next 12 months. It's what teams like Chelsea and Manchester United do and it works pretty well for them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

It works both ways though. We don't risk him running down his contract and then leaving for nothing. He has the chance to play for us, or to go somewhere on loan and to add the goals that are missing from his game in the next 12 months. It's what teams like Chelsea and Manchester United do and it works pretty well for them.

I think his chance of playing for us is gone, we are merely protecting the value of the asset now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm trying my hardest to wrap my head around how giving Keinan Davis a new contract shows a lack of ambition, with all the other things happening at the club.

Because he's not very good, don't think he's young enough to be classed as an under 21 player anymore so he will be taking up a valuable position in the 25 man squad. To me that shows after Watkins we are happy with Samatta and Davis being the back up strikers, as we wont be signing a 4th striker for a 25 man allocation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

I think his chance of playing for us is gone, we are merely protecting the value of the asset now!

If he goes away to the Championship on loan and plays the whole season and score five goals, then I would agree. He goes and scores 15-20 goals, then he could come back a totally different player. If he can get into the habit of scoring, he would be an asset.

• Like 2

Let me put it another way, say for example he was playing for Brighton instead of us for the last 4 years and had the same stats etc as he had had with us .. would you be happy had we signed him up on a free transfer today? 

That's why I feel it shows lack of ambition.

Edited by Junxs

15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Because he's not very good, don't think he's young enough to be classed as an under 21 player anymore so he will be taking up a valuable position in the 25 man squad. To me that shows after Watkins we are happy with Samatta and Davis being the back up strikers, as we wont be signing a 4th striker for a 25 man allocation.

So none of the numerous reports that we are after another winger AND striker in addition to Traore are of any substance?

It's similar to how just a week or two ago before any signings we lacked ambition as well.

EDIT: I'll let someone else take the effort to expound on why this is all wrong.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Let me put it another way, say for example he was playing for Brighton instead of us for the last 4 years and had the same stats etc as he had had with us .. would you be happy had we signed him up on a free transfer today? 

That's why I feel it shows lack of ambition.

I’d have to see his YouTube clip of goals.......what did you say? It’s classed as a gif because it’s such a short video 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I'll be honest. I don't see much value with Keinan. I think he should've been out on loan 2-3 years ago and I think even a drop down in leagues and he gets injured within 3 months due to the grind. That's my opinion, I just don't think he is robust enough or has had anywhere near enough game time to find his levels anytime soon. Even holding him to another contract, is his value as a saleable asset enough to recoup more than 5m? Im not sure about that either because the reality is he has done nothing in all the time he's been here for his value to be assessed. That's just how I see it.   

34 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Surprised with this, shows a lack of ambition.

Has had plenty of opportunities but has shown time and again he's not a championship / premier league striker.

He has some ability, I'm not saying that he doesn't, but maybe a few years ago we should have trained him into a new position.. because a striker he is not.

He's played very few games in last two years.

I don't see the harm now he's fit to tie him down longer term, I doubt he's taking up too much of the wage bill. I think it's more of a trial contract e.g. he signs then I'd expect him to go out on loan, possibly for the season. If he does o.k but we conclude he's not good enough for where we want to be e.g. finishing 11th this season and then pushing on for top 8 we can sell with two years left on contract and get a decent fee.

He does really well then he can come back and have a go in 20/21 season.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I'll be honest. I don't see much value with Keinan. I think he should've been out on loan 2-3 years ago and I think even a drop down in leagues and he gets injured within 3 months due to the grind. That's my opinion, I just don't think he is robust enough or has had anywhere near enough game time to find his levels anytime soon. Even holding him to another contract, is his value as a saleable asset enough to recoup more than 5m? Im not sure about that either because the reality is he has done nothing in all the time he's been here for his value to be assessed. That's just how I see it.   

With the awful way he has been dealt with we simply dont know what he can do with a year of regular football. 

All that we know is that if he can start scoring he could turn into a half decent striker, why take the risk of letting him go now when he would be on relative peanuts?

• Like 1

We all know there is a player there - he's strong, makes good runs, holds up the ball really well.

It's just such a shame that he is completely useless at scoring goals - a key part of being a striker.

You hope that if he scores one, it will snowball into more - but we can't wait for that to happen in the PL. New contract, then loan him out and see what happens next summer

• Like 1

why take the risk of letting him go now when he would be on relative peanuts

Because as you said in the rest of your post, he's never had a regular year of football. And as I said in my post, I don't see him surviving a full season anywhere straight off. I think he needs longer away from the club to get the game time his body needs to build. By that time I think it's gone for him at Villa. Everyone has wanted the lad to succeed. He may still do....somewhere. I just don't see him having any real value unless he turns into something he's never been. 

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

In what way?

That awful way of signing him from non league football, giving him a pro contract, full time training him. Giving him games in the championship and premier league, despite him having less chance of scoring than a eunuch. It’s awful I tell ya

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

He has been gifted many opportunities as a forward in the first team that other players of his age would drool over.

I still think he needs to change position , give him one of those fancy European named roles and go on loan to learn it. Come back renaming himself to go with the role, maybe with accent and no first name like Daviš or something. 

Â