Keinan Davis

a-k

Just now, Dave-R said:

I'm not so sure Goals will come for Davis, so you may as well use him without him thinking is this the day I get pushed away from my Villa family, he must think that and it must plague his mind with how he does not score. Formation is not fine at all, not in the slightest, I don't know who you've been watching but to say our formation is fine is a tad bit crackers. Your entitled to your opinion, I'd just like to know why you think our Formation is fine considering we cant play it very well at the moment???

We outplayed a top 6 side but the formation is not fine?

Davis has played just 198 minutes of league football this season that's just over two games worth, he hasn't played a full ninety minutes and before Wednesday the longest he'd been on the pitch was half an hour. With so little game time it's hard to judge his scoring abilities. In the league cup he's played in five games, in the two when he played for most of the game he scored in one and assisted one in the other. Only time he had any kind of a run in the team was back in 17/18 and can't  really base our judgement on whether he can become a goalscorer based on then, he was new to the team as a teenager and was our only fit striker.

It's not as if any of our other players are regular scorers either, so not sure why Davis gets singled out in that regard.

• Like 1

Given a run of games I think he can add goals to his game, not expecting him become the next Harry Kane, but can see him becoming a player that scores between ten and fifteen goals a season, whilst also helping those around him to score as well. Just needs to stay fit.

I might be vilified for this but you a hourihane playing off Davis in something like this as hourihane has a knack off being in the right place at the right time

Steer

Elmo konsa mings target

Nakamba 

Mcginn grealish luiz

Hourihane

Davis

29 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

I might be vilified for this but you a hourihane playing off Davis in something like this as hourihane has a knack off being in the right place at the right time

Steer

Elmo konsa mings target

Nakamba 

Mcginn grealish luiz

Hourihane

Davis

I agree that management need to be thinking carefully about that critical link between midfield and attack. FWIW I think that is Grealish's role all day long, if he shows the discipline to own that position. 

Also, having Hourihane in the team just for set pieces alone seems to be something DS values.

What terrifies me most is, whichever option we choose, we are basically marshmallow in the centre of the pitch. I like Luiz and Nakamba as individuals but neither of them inspire much confidence -- at least yet -- as a real midfield enforcer. Put Hourihane in there and he gets lost too often. Drinkwater: well, I've seen nothing of him since his arrival that inspires confidence. As well as the lack of goals, that lack of defensive midfield assertiveness constantly comes back to bite us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We outplayed a top 6 side but the formation is not fine?

They are new to the league as we are, I don't think they will be a regular top 6 side each season. Are Sheffield utd despite having a solid team riding a lot of luck to, I think so yes.

Here's betting they can not replicate the results and gameplay they had earlier in the season for the remainder of this season, i just have this feeling.

16 hours ago, weedman said:

People keep bringing up this square ball, he was sprinting in and the pass was too heavy, the only way he was scoring that was if he was

1) 2 yards offside

2) prime Gabby pace wise

3) had 20ft long legs like Peter Crouch 

There are only a handful of players in the league who could have scored there and they are all the quickest ones, Vardy, Aguero, Sterling etc

I love Davis, I think it's only a matter of time and some regular games before he starts scoring 

He was not sprinting. There was no explosive power in his run.

He appreciated what was developing a half a second too late. That's the difference at this level. He simply doesn't have "it".

Looks and plays like a trained center forward, with little evidence for instinctual understanding of the game.

4 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I agree that management need to be thinking carefully about that critical link between midfield and attack. FWIW I think that is Grealish's role all day long, if he shows the discipline to own that position. 

Also, having Hourihane in the team just for set pieces alone seems to be something DS values.

What terrifies me most is, whichever option we choose, we are basically marshmallow in the centre of the pitch. I like Luiz and Nakamba as individuals but neither of them inspire much confidence -- at least yet -- as a real midfield enforcer. Put Hourihane in there and he gets lost too often. Drinkwater: well, I've seen nothing of him since his arrival that inspires confidence. As well as the lack of goals, that lack of defensive midfield assertiveness constantly comes back to bite us. 

I think it will ultimately cost us our premier league status.....the sad thing is, i think it is fairly obvious to most of us, shame the club can't see it.

1 hour ago, useless said:

No,No,No.......He (Dean Smith) needs to make sure they are ready, not just themselves....Dean needs to take ownership of his job.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

But if your sole striker doesn’t score goals you are going to struggle in the league there is no getting away from that.  Defenders will love Davis because they don’t care if they get bullied around as long as they don’t concede a goal.

I’m not sure he does create space, his attributes are more holding the ball up and should be laying it off to his striker partner (which we don’t have in this formation) or attacking midfielder and our midfielders don’t play close enough to him for that, even Jack.

For Davis to be successful we need to utilise his skills otherwise what’s the point if he plays superb if we don’t benefit from it because he isn’t going to score goals on his own.

Bang on.

• Carew had Gabby and vice versa.
  • Leonard/Gray had Little.
  • Withe had Shaw.

The game has not changed that much, that we can ignore these situations.

Sure the Best clubs can play with ball players, because they are amongst the best in the world.....but the majority don't, they play as above.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, useless said:

Davis has played just 198 minutes of league football this season that's just over two games worth, he hasn't played a full ninety minutes and before Wednesday the longest he'd been on the pitch was half an hour. With so little game time it's hard to judge his scoring abilities. In the league cup he's played in five games, in the two when he played for most of the game he scored in one and assisted one in the other. Only time he had any kind of a run in the team was back in 17/18 and can't  really base our judgement on whether he can become a goalscorer based on then, he was new to the team as a teenager and was our only fit striker.

It's not as if any of our other players are regular scorers either, so not sure why Davis gets singled out in that regard.

Easy to judge....at every level he’s played he’s never been a goal scorer whether that’s PL, Championship or PL2

Well he's barely played two games worth of football in the Premier league, when he played in the championship he was still a teenager and that was the first time he'd played senior football our form and play improved massively when he came into the side, and he did score goals for our youth teams.

I think playing Keinan, shows up the inadequecies of our set up.

We should have players who can play off him and capitalise.....but no, they just let him carry on battling, with no support.

We just have too many players, who are just happy to go through the motions, with no conviction in their play.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Well he's barely played two games worth of football in the Premier league, when he played in the championship he was still a teenager and that was the first time he'd played senior football our form and play improved massively when he came into the side, and he did score goals for our youth teams.

06C948D3-B936-4E65-B74E-8085C42230FC.jpeg

Not really it makes perfect sense to not judge a players scoring ability when the only run of games he's had was as a  teeneager and new to first team football. Maybe it should be pointed out that Hogan, McCormack, Gestede, and Ayew weren't scoring goals for us as strikers in the championship either, Kodjia and Abraham were the only ones that managed it.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Not really it makes perfect sense to not judge a players scoring ability when the only run of games he's had was when he a teeneager and new to first team football. Maybe it should be pointed out that Hogan, McCormack, Gestede, and Ayew weren't scoring goals for us as strikers in the championship either, Kodjia and Abraham were the only ones that managed it.

Sorry in a picture mood today.....so

9CBFEDB3-3037-4747-B17E-C9E2A82F9E6B.jpeg

Â