Keinan Davis

a-k

Just now, VillaChris said:

Darren Bent was best example really. Would touch the ball about 15-20 times in a game but could still score by simply reading a cross and getting a tap in in six yard box.

Davis simply isn't that type of forward but dosen't mean he can't help us in other ways.

might be ok next season against championship sides, lacks quality !

Davis would probably do a better job on the right hand side than El Ghazi does, he played there in pre-season at one point and played really well. If we adjust our system slightly we can fit both him and Samatta in the same team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

might be ok next season against championship sides, lacks quality !

We ain't getting automatic promotion with Davis, wouldn't back him to score 10 even at championship level.

He does remind me so much of Heskey in how he can hold it and cause danger but simply hasn't got that killer finishing knack. I know Heskey scored 100 premier league goals but that was over 17 years so was really less than 10 a season on average. Just 7 in 62 games for England.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He will start to get goals and he does have great career ahead of him. 

When? He has what, 2 career goals so far and he’s 22 not 17. 

Will amount to nothing, another Jordan Bowery.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

What about Kane?

Didn't do much until 22-23

Yeah and what about Drogba! Whataboutery  doesn’t make Keinan a good player!

8 minutes ago, jim said:

When? He has what, 2 career goals so far and he’s 22 not 17. 

Will amount to nothing, another Jordan Bowery.

He may be 22 but he's played very few games.  He's looked good everytime he's played and been unlucky not to score a number of times. 

Believe what you like but I believe he will start scoring and be a great player. 

If you can't see the difference between him and Bowery you're deliberately not looking. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Davis would probably do a better job on the right hand side than El Ghazi does, he played there in pre-season at one point and played really well. If we adjust our system slightly we can fit both him and Samatta in the same team.

To be fair I am 50, overweight and extremely unfit.  I would fancy myself to be more effective on either wing than El Ghazi and Trezeguet. So yes if there is no place for Davis up front I think he could do a job out wide. 

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What about Kane?

Didn't do much until 22-23

He was England captain aged 23.   

As for Davis? I just don't see it.  He's big and strong and works hard, but he doesn't score goals and we don't really play in a way where he can bring runners from midfield into the game.  If he's our centre forward for the rest of the season then we are definitely going down. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

When Harry Kane was 23, he'd scored 70 odd PL goals. where the **** has this myth come from? 

A few players do turn it on in their mid twenties, but it's very much the exception. I'll bet my house that Keinan Davis never plays for a team that are better than PL relegation candidates. He's, on his day, a mid to lower table championship striker. 

I missed his first chance, second one with the head he should have done better, just didn’t get over it enough. 

The chest and volley was sublime and had it been centimetres higher it would have flown in, the keeper just stuck an arm out and got lucky. That one before he went off when el Ghazi got in down the right and put it across goal, that was the one......and again, just feet away from making connection and a certain goal.

The problem is, with Samatta, Baston and Vassilev on the bench he needs to start scoring to get a run in the team, not sure he’s good with a chop and change approach.

i really like Davis, he has every tool except scoring (which is granted very important).

However, if he can just add a few goals to his game (not prolific, but just some), with all his team play, hold-up and general skill etc, i think he's more than capable, especially if his play can lead to him giving other players scoring opportunities etc. (if we can take the chances.....)

would be ideal if we could find a way to accommodate Davis & Samatta in the first 11.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I missed his first chance, second one with the head he should have done better, just didn’t get over it enough. 

The chest and volley was sublime and had it been centimetres higher it would have flown in, the keeper just stuck an arm out and got lucky. That one before he went off when el Ghazi got in down the right and put it across goal, that was the one......and again, just feet away from making connection and a certain goal.

The problem is, with Samatta, Baston and Vassilev on the bench he needs to start scoring to get a run in the team, not sure he’s good with a chop and change approach.

That's where my problem is.  He didn't anticipate the ball coming in, good strikers are on their bike as soon as the ball goes wide and get on the end of it.  I remember years ago watching Ian Wright talk about it when he was just starting out as a pundit and saying how many times he'd make those runs because he knew he'd get three or four goals a season from it.  By waiting until it's clear what is happening before making the move then more often than not he's going to turn up a day late and a dollar short.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i really like Davis, he has every tool except scoring (which is granted very important).

However, if he can just add a few goals to his game (not prolific, but just some), with all his team play, hold-up and general skill etc, i think he's more than capable, especially if his play can lead to him giving other players scoring opportunities etc. (if we can take the chances.....)

would be ideal if we could find a way to accommodate Davis & Samatta in the first 11.

It's his first PL start of the season!

Can we give him 5-10 starts before judging him?

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

good performance. He was an important player for us. Thought he was unlucky not to get a goal. 

After 3 years in the first team now I'm starting to question if it's bad luck.

Â