Keinan Davis

a-k

50 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The thing with Davis is he gets into scoring positions more than others

Great! Looking forward to the participation trophy we get when we are relegated then....at least we tried and got into position. 

Yesterday was probably the best game I've seen him play for a very long time and surprisingly for me he actually had some chances because for me he's normally not in the right place to get on chances but still he never looked like scoring at all.  He just never does.  He played really well otherwise but if we play him we must have players around him that can feed off him and score from him.  While yes midfielders will pop in with their fair share of goals, to play him you need somebody to play with him that is going to score the goals to compensate for his lack of goals.  For me, he has to play with another striker to be of any benefit otherwise we arent looking on scoring unless Jack scores one of his wonder goals or Conor does a freekick goal.  El Ghazi and Trez almost like to play on their own when attacking, head down and run....so to Midfielders, they just dont play close enough to Davis to really get the benefit from him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Great! Looking forward to the participation trophy we get when we are relegated then....at least we tried and got into position. 

Yesterday was probably the best game I've seen him play for a very long time and surprisingly for me he actually had some chances because for me he's normally not in the right place to get on chances but still he never looked like scoring at all.  He just never does.  He played really well otherwise but if we play him we must have players around him that can feed off him and score from him.  While yes midfielders will pop in with their fair share of goals, to play him you need somebody to play with him that is going to score the goals to compensate for his lack of goals.  For me, he has to play with another striker to be of any benefit otherwise we arent looking on scoring unless Jack scores one of his wonder goals or Conor does a freekick goal.  El Ghazi and Trez almost like to play on their own when attacking, head down and run....so to Midfielders, they just dont play close enough to Davis to really get the benefit from him.

I'm talking about him compared to other players we had this season. While Samatta seem the best as a striker, but Davis ability would benefit us a lot in our situation. We're not feeding strikers well, that's why a striker that would help others to score might be a better choice.

However I do rate Samatta and I agree with you in playing Samatta with him.

But we all have to agree that this is his first start this season (apart from League Cup), yet he's shown a lot of potential (which I initially thought that it might've been because he used to come when defenders are tired).

It's not as we have a lot of choices, For me, he's the first or the second out of (Samatta, Baston, El Ghazi, Trez and Vassiliv).

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Problem is with strikers like Samatta. He is pretty much like a Darren Bent type of striker.

In the games they don't score they offer nothing to the team.

Keinan with his power and pace will drag defenders out of position creating space for others. He is always a threat.

Look how toothless we looked in the final third when Samatta came on. Keinan will benefit the team more.

22 years old and first premier league start  

I thought he was very good. He looks fast and strong, good movement and worked hard. I thought he looked technically better than he has in the past. 

He had chances and looked a threat. Considering my first sentence, I thought that was a really positive performance. If he can stay fit I think he develops into a very good player. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

22 years old and first premier league start  

I thought he was very good. He looks fast and strong, good movement and worked hard. I thought he looked technically better than he has in the past. 

He had chances and looked a threat. Considering my first sentence, I thought that was a really positive performance. If he can stay fit I think he develops into a very good player. 

It’s a shame that his contract is up with us this Summer and there has been no confirmation of a new deal. Smith is saying on the OS that he’s going to be a top player, MON said the same about Nathan Delfouneso ☹️ and look how he turned out :(

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s a shame that his contract is up with us this Summer and there has been no confirmation of a new deal. Smith is saying on the OS that he’s going to be a top player, MON said the same about Nathan Delfouneso ☹️ and look how he turned out :(

Think we took up an option for next season. 

• Thanks 1

There's lots and lots of strikers that struggle bagging their first goal, but once they get in their stride it becomes second nature. I wouldn't write him off due to lack of goals yet. He looks a very good player to me. Pretty quick feet for a big man, very strong and much more direct than a lot of other strikers we've had the last 20 years. I like him. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There's lots and lots of strikers that struggle bagging their first goal, but once they get in their stride it becomes second nature. I wouldn't write him off due to lack of goals yet. He looks a very good player to me. Pretty quick feet for a big man, very strong and much more direct than a lot of other strikers we've had the last 20 years. I like him. 

I think you’re spot on

13 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How many games our strikers scored?

Everton, Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley. Thats for Wes.

Then Samatta, Bournemouth and Spurs.

We lost 3 of those, won 3. For Wes case it was out of 20 games.

The thing with Davis is he gets into scoring positions more than others, Samatta is the best, but sometimes Davis is much needed as we don’t offer a lot of scoring chances from open play. 

But the thing is that if he doesn't score or help score, it doesn't matter if he got into the position or not - that's the reality when it comes to strikers. 

I'm not saying that he's bad or anything, I just think it's important to temper our expectations for the time being. 

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you’re spot on

The real funny bit is that if we were linked with a former English U21 striker with his attributes and potential, his age, on the verge of breaking through to the PL, most people here would love the idea. But right now not so much. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The real funny bit is that if we were linked with a former English U21 striker with his attributes and potential, his age, on the verge of breaking through to the PL, most people here would love the idea. But right now not so much. 

Why not?

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not?

Same reason why people buy shit they don't need with money they don't have. 

Or why foreign named players are fancied more than some average English bloke. 

Grass is always greener and new stuff is ace. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Â