Keinan Davis

a-k

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

samatta was no where near fit, davis has to start if that's the case

based on tonight he fully deserves to start

I don't think so.

They are just completely different strikers.

Samatta won't chase down defenders. Reminds me of Darren Bent. When he isn't scoring he isn't offering the team anything.

Keinan for me. Any day of the week.

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

I agree with you, which is a little concerning!

I think he’s brilliant though. Causes problems just by being there, and then even more so with his power, pace and hold up play. He’s been so so unlucky not to have scored many more goals. His chest and strike was near enough perfect today.

That is concerning indeed!

Keinan is just so quick, direct and powerful. I love watching him play.

• Like 1

Just dosen't have that poachers instinct. Should've scored the header, probably should've read the cross in second half earlier but was unlucky he didn't score with the one Henderson saved as that was very good reactions and most keepers would expect a low shot.

Hopefully we can find a way to get him and Samatta starting as a two as I reckon they'd cause problems. Get Grealish in a free role and El Ghazi on the bench as he was a waste of time tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think so.

They are just completely different strikers.

Samatta won't chase down defenders. Reminds me of Darren Bent. When he isn't scoring he isn't offering the team anything.

Keinan for me. Any day of the week.

I think keinan will do better in chasing down lost causes, trying to bully a defender, throw himself about and make something happen, we go a bit hit and hope and the game gets scrappy

samatta will be better for us if we get hold of the ball and try and pass it around and create something, his movement with grealish trying to find him

I also thing its likely we will play the 1st option rather than the 2nd...but samatta will get more goals which is why I think ideally we need both of them in there but we aren't good enough for that

Thought he was our best player tonight. Unfortunately, that chance he didn't get on the end of shows the big flaw in his game.

As soon as Jack passed to Anwar I looked at Davis' movement and could see that he wasn't going to get into position for the cross even if it was perfectly played, which it was.

He is obviously not a natural finisher, but how that sort of thing hasn't been drummed into him yet I don't know.

But overall a very good game.

• Like 4

I've always defended players who get into scoring positions, even if they don't score much. However, usually they're not strikers.

With the way Samatta was today, Keinan was clearly the better one, and must get a new chance on Sunday.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think keinan will do better in chasing down lost causes, trying to bully a defender, throw himself about and make something happen, we go a bit hit and hope and the game gets scrappy

samatta will be better for us if we get hold of the ball and try and pass it around and create something, his movement with grealish trying to find him

I also thing its likely we will play the 1st option rather than the 2nd...but samatta will get more goals which is why I think ideally we need both of them in there but we aren't good enough for that

I'd go 4-3-1-2. Ultimately our wide options are very mediocre for this level, El Ghazi has a good game and then you don't see him for the next month so he really shouldn't be a guarenteed starter but he has been due to how bad likes of Jota and Trez have been.

We have more mobility in central midfield now with McGinn back and FBs were a bit more cautious tonight which is also needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poitier said:

Thought he was our best player tonight. Unfortunately, that chance he didn't get on the end of shows the big flaw in his game.

As soon as Jack passed to Anwar I looked at Davis' movement and could see that he wasn't going to get into position for the cross even if it was perfectly played, which it was.

He is obviously not a natural finisher, but how that sort of thing hasn't been drummed into him yet I don't know.

But overall a very good game.

He should've done much better with the early header aswell. Someone like a Shearer would already be ready to move forward when cross is being played so you can then get over the ball and it's much easier to head down, Kienan was stretching and so more difficult to get direction and it went over.

Still he was a nuisance so yes I would give him another start v Chelsea if his body can hold out.

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I've always defended players who get into scoring positions, even if they don't score much. However, usually they're not strikers.

With the way Samatta was today, Keinan was clearly the better one, and must get a new chance on Sunday.

Spot on mate.

I'll be fuming if Keinan doesn't start against Chelsea

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just dosen't have that poachers instinct. Should've scored the header, probably should've read the cross in second half earlier but was unlucky he didn't score with the one Henderson saved as that was very good reactions and most keepers would expect a low shot.

Hopefully we can find a way to get him and Samatta starting as a two as I reckon they'd cause problems. Get Grealish in a free role and El Ghazi on the bench as he was a waste of time tonight.

i agree he is strong mobile - but has no finish - Samatta if fit plays

On 15/06/2020 at 08:09, villalad21 said:

We'll see soon how much credibility  there is to this claim.

I think our falling this season have more to do with the tactics and system. Will be interesting to see if Dean stays true to his attacking philosophy for the rest of the season or adapt.

We can't keep conceding 20 shots per game if we want to survive. That's for sure.

• Like 1

We won’t survive with a non goal scoring centre forward. Samatta will be anonymous for long stretches of a game.....and will then score a goal. It’s Samatta for me every time. I might go with both though, as El Ghazi was shite.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep unfortunately he’s not a finisher at all. Had to do better with the header. 
As for the shot; he, as always just hits it as hard as possible, there is no precision in his shots. Hitting it lower would’ve been harder to stop. 
Agreed about being in a two with Samatta think it could work well.

The above criticism isn’t taking away from his performance though, he was our biggest threat and played well. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

A decent striker would have scored one of those three chances. They were pretty clearcut. 

I really want it to be true that when the first one goes in that his performance has deserved he then goes on a run. He's so likeable.

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

We won’t survive with a non goal scoring centre forward. Samatta will be anonymous for long stretches of a game.....and will then score a goal. It’s Samatta for me every time. I might go with both though, as El Ghazi was shite.

Darren Bent was best example really. Would touch the ball about 15-20 times in a game but could still score by simply reading a cross and getting a tap in in six yard box.

Davis simply isn't that type of forward but dosen't mean he can't help us in other ways.

Â