Keinan Davis

a-k

I don't think Davis will ever be a prolific scorer but I think he can develop into a player that can get into double figures each season, he needs a run of games in a settled team. Regardless of how many he scores he's too much of a good all round player, one our best and most consistent in fact, for us to give up on him.

• Like 1

He was really good today. He’s an absolute nightmare for defenders; so strong, deceptively fast and skilful and his hold up play is excellent.

Could have easily had a couple barring a good one handed stop and Anwar putting far too much pace on a simple square ball.

I honestly think he’s got the potential to be a good player but these days were he could have easily scored need to start translating to goals and fast.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, penguin said:

He was really good today. He’s an absolute nightmare for defenders; so strong, deceptively fast and skilful and his hold up play is excellent.

Could have easily had a couple barring a good one handed stop and Anwar putting far too much pace on a simple square ball.

I honestly think he’s got the potential to be a good player but these days were he could have easily scored need to start translating to goals and fast.

Every positive post about Davis always gets: he holds up well, good link up play, nightmare for defenders BUT he don't score. Strikers gotta score. Great ball by El Ghazi i thought, Davis has to try harder to get there.

Edited by Johnnyp

28 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I missed his first chance, second one with the head he should have done better, just didn’t get over it enough. 

The chest and volley was sublime and had it been centimetres higher it would have flown in, the keeper just stuck an arm out and got lucky. That one before he went off when el Ghazi got in down the right and put it across goal, that was the one......and again, just feet away from making connection and a certain goal.

The problem is, with Samatta, Baston and Vassilev on the bench he needs to start scoring to get a run in the team, not sure he’s good with a chop and change approach.

It seems every game Davis plays that he’s always unlucky and that if his shots were slightly higher/lower he’d have scored. That’s why will never be a big scorer, he just doesn’t have the precision or finesse on his finish’s. Now as they mentioned in commentary, there are strikers (they said about McGoldrick) who don’t score but are still liked. That’s fine, but those characters are more likely found lower down the leagues. At the top level you need someone who will finish chances 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Every positive post about Davis always gets: he holds up well, good link up play, nightmare for defenders BUT he don't score. Strikers gotta score. Great ball by El Ghazi i thought, Davis has to try harder to get there.

Pretty big but for a striker though.

Fantastic tonight but would benefit from having another striker next to him. Samatta playing off his shoulder would give him someone to play the ball to and flick the ball onto.

His pace and power will cause most defences problems this season.

Did what he does. Guarantee Sheff U defenders didn't enjoy that. 

Offers an option with the long ball that the defence took constantly unless Grealish came and got it.

Needs someone up next to him to pick up scraps after he's clattered everything and the ball is bouncing around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Did what he does. Guarantee Sheff U defenders didn't enjoy that. 

Offers an option with the long ball that the defence took constantly unless Grealish came and got it.

Needs someone up next to him to pick up scraps after he's clattered everything and the ball is bouncing around.

His off the ball work rate shouldn't go unnoticed either.

Chasing down defenders. It's great to see.

At the end of the day for the first time in ages we caused an opposition defence a lot of difficultly.  They had no time on the ball, no time to dwell.  The ball wasn't being pumped forwards and immediately pinging back into our weak midfield. 

Anyone who thinks he did anything other than make us a better team is just deliberately ignoring the fantastic work he does. 

I believe it's a matter of till he bangs in a few. 

A better ball from El. Gazi today and he gets a goal. A fantastic save from their keeper could have been 2.

I remember a worldie save from someone against him earlier in the season.

His career has been very stop start so for his age he's not played that many games.  He will get better and better, so much more development to come from him yet. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Let's say best case scenario - he scores 5 goals between now and the end of the season - that's still not going to keep us up.

He might create space for others - but what did the "others" do with it today ?

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Let's say best case scenario - he scores 5 goals between now and the end of the season - that's still not going to keep us up.

We are only 1 point off 16th

I thought he played well, Sheffield United 3 defenders wont have a tougher physical game all season and cant question any of his attitude or work rate. But crucially he should have scored 3 goals at least, if Wesley missed them 3 chances would be uproar

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Eh? 5 goals could be 15 points.  That would 100% keep us up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

He has 4 goal in 57. I like Davis but he isnt scoring 5 in 9 games

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Chasing down.....yeah that'll get us goals. Good stuff.

And what did Samatta do? F*** all.

Did he even touch the ball? I'm sure that will keep us up.

At least Keinan is making things happen. He is an annoyance for defenders. Goals will come, i am sure of it.

I think people are concentrating too much on his goal scoring record, he's one of our best and most consistent performers and always improves us, we always play better with him in the team, you could probably say that only McGinn and Grealish have a bigger impact on us as an attacking force. Quite possibly our most underrated player at the moment, and he's not even that underrated, I just think the not scoring goals thing gets in the way of people appreciating what a good player he is.

• Like 1

Played well, said before the game that we need a plan b there requires two up front. 

Smith might not have wanted a different formation due to his ethos or desire that this formation works or he could have been knackered

Â