Keinan Davis

a-k

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Sounds like a solid and basic strategy for a relegation battling side.

But Smith will try to play more ambitious than that. With McGinn back 4-3-3 is a certainty.

Its the one Big Sam has used constantly to great effect when called upon

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Its the one Big Sam has used constantly to great effect when called upon

I can't see it happening.

We'll play 4-3-3 on Wednesday. With high  risk football and fullbacks bombing forward.

Just have to hope we score more than them because us conceding goals is almost a given.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That would be suicide against a team who rely on overlapping full backs for most of their attacking play.

Our full backs would be overrun constantly.

Bang on the money. Our FBs primary task against Sheffield Utd must be to protect their half. If we stay defensively disciplined across the back 4 I’m certain we’ll limit Sheffield Utd to very few opportunities. Play two more defensive CMs and I’d fancy our better forward thinking players to nick a goal out of nothing than I would Sheffield Utds. In Grealish, McGinn, and Samatta I’m certain we have more likely match winners that Sheffield Utd. We simply must play more defensively disciplined, and by that i don’t mean sitting on the edge of our own box. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Totally agree with this. 
We've conceded so many goals this season by messing around with the ball at the back and trying to play out with players who simply arent good enough. Like it or not, our strengths lie further up the pitch with Samatta, Grealish, Davis (to an extent) and McGinn. 

To cut a long story short, bang it long to Davis and Samatta, if they don't hold onto it, fight for the second ball. Start playing football further up the pitch where Grealish and McGinn can start influencing the game.

There is absolutely no mileage in knocking it around between Konsa, Engels, Targett, Guilbert, Luiz and Nakamba. They're our weakest links. Get it forward. Cause some problems. 

The problem weve mainly had is moving it on from midfield. Our keepers and defence have caught so much flak because our midfield and Wingers (excluding Jack) have not done the job that they should of been doing.

What gets me is that because a player gets labelled a forward doesnt always mean he works as a forward. Davis for instance doesnt score goals anywhere near to the standards we need or want from a forward, yet some of you are happy for him to remain forward, I dont get it at all. Davis without a doubt possesses many other qualities that can make him more of a dangerous player on the pitch. I think if we took the pressure of having Davis score goals away, the lad would up his game. Put Davis in the right place and be will cause a team problems all night long.

Davis should be in midfield because of what he can do, what is the point of having Davis up front if we cant even get the ball up front to him. All season we have really struggled in midfield to move the ball into the final third, in fact it has been a mission and half to connect our midfield play and Wingers up together (and that's just the start of that problem). If Davis can fit in midfield and make it work and be good at it, why not utilise him in that way. Another reason to have Davis in midfield is the fact that the lad is to precious to leave on the bench with how he plays. Once Wesley comes back or we no doubt sign another striker, your certainly not going to play Davis in front of Samatta, Wesley and possibly a third striker are you.

For me there are alot of reasons to try Davis out in midfield and, really its no different from everyone who kept saying put Jack back in midfield because weve been so lame there. Yet Jack has been dangerous out on the left that it has need another player to be amazing I midfield, we dont have it yet but i reckon Davis could be the key.

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Davis in midfield? In what function? I can’t see that myself... 

Not directly in midfield but he could be given instructions to drop back as soon as we lose the ball and are out of possesion and disrupt Norwood/Fleck. Many teams do that with a second striker.

8 hours ago, peterw said:

as is being able to track back, being able to tackle, to be able to spot off the ball runners, as is being able to close space around you to stop an easy ball being passed through the channels and into the defensive lines, as is being able to speak/communicate to those around you. none of which I have seen from Davis to suggest he would be remotely adequate to any comparable midfielder. 

I agree.

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

The problem weve mainly had is moving it on from midfield. Our keepers and defence have caught so much flak because our midfield and Wingers (excluding Jack) have not done the job that they should of been doing.

What gets me is that because a player gets labelled a forward doesnt always mean he works as a forward. Davis for instance doesnt score goals anywhere near to the standards we need or want from a forward, yet some of you are happy for him to remain forward, I dont get it at all. Davis without a doubt possesses many other qualities that can make him more of a dangerous player on the pitch. I think if we took the pressure of having Davis score goals away, the lad would up his game. Put Davis in the right place and be will cause a team problems all night long.

Davis should be in midfield because of what he can do, what is the point of having Davis up front if we cant even get the ball up front to him. All season we have really struggled in midfield to move the ball into the final third, in fact it has been a mission and half to connect our midfield play and Wingers up together (and that's just the start of that problem). If Davis can fit in midfield and make it work and be good at it, why not utilise him in that way. Another reason to have Davis in midfield is the fact that the lad is to precious to leave on the bench with how he plays. Once Wesley comes back or we no doubt sign another striker, your certainly not going to play Davis in front of Samatta, Wesley and possibly a third striker are you.

For me there are alot of reasons to try Davis out in midfield and, really its no different from everyone who kept saying put Jack back in midfield because weve been so lame there. Yet Jack has been dangerous out on the left that it has need another player to be amazing I midfield, we dont have it yet but i reckon Davis could be the key.

I am not sure Davis in midfield is right......but your reasoning has merit.....and the attempt you are suggesting is a bonafide reaction to our main problems.

your points about midfield and wingers are a huge part of the problem, but have persisted for some time now.

The comments you make of how you see the game, is bang on for me.

I find it bizarre how the inadequecies of the team persist for as long as they do......do we buy the wrong players? or does the manager fail to set them up to respond properly?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Bang on the money. Our FBs primary task against Sheffield Utd must be to protect their half. If we stay defensively disciplined across the back 4 I’m certain we’ll limit Sheffield Utd to very few opportunities. Play two more defensive CMs and I’d fancy our better forward thinking players to nick a goal out of nothing than I would Sheffield Utds. In Grealish, McGinn, and Samatta I’m certain we have more likely match winners that Sheffield Utd. We simply must play more defensively disciplined, and by that i don’t mean sitting on the edge of our own box. 

I have no doubt, we have individual players, who are better than theirs, but they have the team that is organised and industrious.....we struggle against such basic attributes......we are not good enough in what we do to overcome it.

Its this kind of approach that gets lower league teams in the cups to gain huge scalps on the day.......problem is so far, wilder has managed to sustain it.

• Like 1

Keinan is a young player, we are all keen to see come good.....but to pin all our hopes on this player for salvation is desperate imo.

He should be able to be eased in and out of the team, in an effort to maximise his rehabilitation from sustained injuries.

We have a task of staying up and with the issues that Keinan has faced, he should not be looked at ,as the main cornerstone of that battle.....despite the fact, he is one of the best equipped when fit to to do so.

We have other players who should be stepping up to the plate, who have far better injury history than him....who should be dealing with a battle.

If we feel that every time we have a perceived physicality issue, that we turn to him......we are doing something wrong.

A club like ours should not be relying on Keinan to bail us out physically or combatively, in certain games.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Has to start every game.

He is so quick, direct and powerful. Would be a world class striker if he were a better finisher, it's as simple as that.

Everything went downhill when he went off.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

He can't score goals. I don't want him starting for us. 

The goals will come.

Even if they don't he is creating space for others with his raw pace and power. It's fascinating how he bullies big defenders.

We didn't create s*** after he went off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Would be a world class striker if he were a better finisher, it's as simple as that.

Totally agreed, 100%, definitely. If he had scored more than 1 goal in 30 games for us, he definitely would have scored more goals for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

Totally agreed, 100%, definitely. If he had scored more than 1 goal in 30 games for us, he definitely would have scored more goals for us.

When was the last time he got a run of games under his belt though?

He just need that first goal to gain some momentum.

He need to be given a proper chance and run of games. He deserves that. People are forgetting he is creating space for others around him.

He isn't like Wesley who does jack s*** for 90 % of the game. Keinan is much more than goals.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He can't score goals. I don't want him starting for us. 

samatta was no where near fit, davis has to start if that's the case

based on tonight he fully deserves to start

Edited by villa4europe

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Has to start every game.

He is so quick, direct and powerful. Would be a world class striker if he were a better finisher, it's as simple as that.

Everything went downhill when he went off.

I agree with you, which is a little concerning!

I think he’s brilliant though. Causes problems just by being there, and then even more so with his power, pace and hold up play. He’s been so so unlucky not to have scored many more goals. His chest and strike was near enough perfect today.

• Like 1

Â