Keinan Davis

a-k

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has 4 goal in 57. I like Davis but he isnt scoring 5 in 9 games

No he ain't.

But as he's got 5 as well I'll throw out Davis is miles better than Wes. Far far more effective.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they could probably play together one day. Davis does things Wesley cant and vice versa. I know Wesley is a bit of a laughing stock to some but I think he has something in him but was probably given a rough hand as the only senior striker when Davis was injured and Kodjia didnt care

I like the trio of Davis, Wesley and Samata. They are different players and offer some variety

He was put in a shocking position, but value for money wise Wes is amongst our worst signings ever IMO. Just terrible. He needs to hope Smith is still around when he's fit, a new manager will watch him once and ask for a new striker.

I hope he comes back an entirely different player.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He was put in a shocking position, but value for money wise Wes is amongst our worst signings ever IMO. Just terrible. He needs to hope Smith is still around when he's fit, a new manager will watch him once and ask for a new striker.

I don't even see Wesley as a striker tbh

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think we all hope for the same thing, I thought Luiz looked a completely different player and some of players were saying his English has improved so much during the break. Maybe it could be the same for Wesley

• Like 2

He had a good game, definitely he could be helpful to our team. He he’s strong, and isn’t easy for players to take the ball from him.

When was the last game for a striker from our side to have 3-4 scoring opportunities? Yes it wasn’t the best finishings, but definitely apart from the offside all were ok. 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think we all hope for the same thing, I thought Luiz looked a completely different player and some of players were saying his English has improved so much during the break. Maybe it could be the same for Wesley

Luiz looked the same to me. Incredibly talented, just needs to speed up and get more involved than he's comfortable with.

Wes has consistently looked like he can't control or kick the ball most of the time, he never looked like an accomplished footballer. A bit like Davis! But it's clear Davis can upset defences using other tools. I can tell you 100% players would rather play against Wes than Keinan.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

After 3 years in the first team now I'm starting to question if it's bad luck.

It's not really three years though. He played 5-10 games in 17/18 when we basically had no strikers. It was either him or Chris Samba. Then he disappeared from contention when Grabban came in that January. Can hardly remember him playing at all in 18/19 before randomly popping up in the play offs. This season he made a few sub appearances and was making an impact but did his hamstring v Wolves and only came back for the league cup final.

Just staying fit between now and end of season will be personal success.

This is another reason why not signing another striker in the summer was flawed thinking. If we'd got one in we could've let him go on six month loan to a championship club seeing as plenty were interested. He could've got 15-20 starts, hopefully scored a few goals and come back in January a much better player. Instead we had to scramble around last minute for Borja Baston and Davis is learning the ropes in a premier league relegaiton battle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Every positive post about Davis always gets: he holds up well, good link up play, nightmare for defenders BUT he don't score. Strikers gotta score. Great ball by El Ghazi i thought, Davis has to try harder to get there.

TBF if you look at Sheffield United they have McGoldrick who is Davis lite, can't score but holds it up and creates space for Sharp/midfielders to come in and do that.

Ultimately they find a way to get two out and out strikers on the pitch and I think we need to do the same even if it goes against DS principles.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought he played well, Sheffield United 3 defenders wont have a tougher physical game all season and cant question any of his attitude or work rate. But crucially he should have scored 3 goals at least, if Wesley missed them 3 chances would be uproar

Davis didn’t cost £22m though, this isn’t meant as a slight towards either Wesley or Davis l, I rate them both

I don't want to hype anything, but we've been really bad to make us see that Davis had one of the best days for a striker that played with us this season.

I can't remember better performances?

Possibly Wes (Everton, Norwich A, Burnley A). Samatta had his moments.

But I don't remember seeing a performance as we've seen yesterday from Davis. That isn't saying much about him but more about us being useless in that position. That alone showed me that what he does when he comes isn't just done because he came from bench, but he could do it against a very good defenders as Sheffield Utd.

Goal was about to come twice atleast, it's not as if he's not having chances or being in scoring positions. The only bad one was the offside. Other than that nothing much to blame!

8 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don't want to hype anything, but we've been really bad to make us see that Davis had one of the best days for a striker that played with us this season.

But I don't remember seeing a performance as we've seen yesterday from Davis. That isn't saying much about him but more about us being useless in that position. That alone showed me that what he does when he comes isn't just done because he came from bench, but he could do it against a very good defenders as Sheffield Utd.

Goal was about to come twice atleast, it's not as if he's not having chances or being in scoring positions. The only bad one was the offside. Other than that nothing much to blame!

Interesting how the lack of service brigade is nowhere to be seen whenever Keinan plays.

Keinan is always getting into goal scoring opportunities whether he comes on as a sub or starts.

You aren't hyping anything mate. Davis is the best striker at the club and people need to start realize that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Interesting how the lack of service brigade is nowhere to be seen whenever Keinan plays.

Keinan is always getting into goal scoring opportunities whether he comes on as a sub or starts.

You aren't hyping anything mate. Davis is the best striker at the club and people need to start realize that.

We’re **** then.

51 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Any game where a striker scored a goal was more use to us tbh. 

It was encouraging but I think you're blowing it out of proportion somewhat. 

He just doesn't have the clinical instinct.

The first one over the top (when he was offside) I was screaming at the TV, he waits and waits, lets it bounce, then he's still waiting for something. I'm screaming HIT THE BLOODY BALL.

The backpost header, not even on target.

The ball across from El Ghazi where he was a yard too slow to poke it into an empty goal.

Its frustrating to watch because he's doing the job of being a nuisance very well, and this makes things happen. He's just not the man to put them in the net consistently. He might work much better as part of a 2 man strikeforce.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

He just doesn't have the clinical instinct.

The first one over the top (when he was offside) I was screaming at the TV, he waits and waits, lets it bounce, then he's still waiting for something. I'm screaming HIT THE BLOODY BALL.

The backpost header, not even on target.

The ball across from El Ghazi where he was a yard too slow to poke it into an empty goal.

Its frustrating to watch because he's doing the job of being a nuisance very well, and this makes things happen. He's just not the man to put them in the net consistently. He might work much better as part of a 2 man strikeforce.

That one was such a perfect example of why he isn't a natural scorer or poacher.

He does a lot of things well and is certainly a nuisance to the opponents but the anticipation and instinct of a scorer he has not.

That run, as an ex Inzaghi type attacker it was frustrating to watch :D 

• Like 3

Â