Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

29 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Have just seen the freebies above and I tell you what, if the takeover doesn't happen I'd take 8/9 of them right now and they would be better than what we have:

Boruc

Terry, Delaney, Demichelis

Carrick, Arteta, Carroll, Osman, Pienaar

Would take any of those above and midfield would be sorted for sure.  Don't care about age to be honest as getting out of the division at the first attempt has to be the priority.  

Would you say they are realistic targets?

Gary O'Neil, Distin and Hangeland perhaps.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Would you say they are realistic targets?

Gary O'Neil, Distin and Hangeland perhaps.

No I wouldn't, i was merely stating who I would personally take from that list in a heartbeat who i think would improve us.  Realistically, we could probably get 2/3 of them.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2016 at 10:25, bretonvilla said:

I think Croich would be a great signing as long as he doesn't demand the earth . Better than Gestede and seems a good character too 

Sorry... I read that crotch!!!

The big man would be perfect for the Championship, have Sinclair or Hepburn Murphy running off him.

Always been impressed with his attitude and his play with ball at feet

Teach Gestede about movement a nd positional sence for a target man.

Would be good for 12-15 goals I reckon

ive signed him on football manager, hes done alright for me, my new olly mellberg, lol

not that he would be any good in reality, hasnt he just come back from a huge injury?

joking aside, theres still alot of good players on that list that we would hugely benefit from.

Ekstrand was really talented but has had rotten luck with injuries, still a potentially good signing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boumasbabies said:

Sorry... I read that crotch!!!

The big man would be perfect for the Championship, have Sinclair or Hepburn Murphy running off him.

Always been impressed with his attitude and his play with ball at feet

Teach Gestede about movement a nd positional sence for a target man.

Would be good for 12-15 goals I reckon

This post reminds me of last summer when we were counting up the numbers of goals our new players would get in our new look side. Between 10-15 for each I think was the consensus. Maybe 20 for Gestede. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still think we should go in for Will Hughes. Show some real ambition and sign a player who is potentially excellent.

I wouldn't want to pay what Derby (are likely to) want for him - given that he'll be yet another player in our squad who has recently suffered an ACL injury.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

from that list posted earlier I take Delaney, Osman, O'Neil, Carroll, Boruc and James Morrison

Delaney and Carroll are decent shouts.  O'Neil is absolutely woeful and the others would not represent good enough value for the wages they'd ask for (IMO).

On 05/04/2016 at 08:59, PieFacE said:

I'd actually quite like Jonathan Walters in our team. I get the impression he doesn't take shit from any player on the pitch who isn't giving 100%. I'd almost be inclined to make him captain...

Just reading that sentence back.... I'd make Jonathan Walters captain of Aston Villa Football club :crylaugh::crylaugh:... what a shambles we've become. 

Very under-rated player actually.  Being Irish, we get to see and appreciate him more than most.  There are many who tie what little hope we have in the Euros down to whether Walters will be fit enough to play.  He's a beast and yes if we could somehow convince him to play in the Chumpionship for us, he'd be worth a lot of points on his own.  Get him alongside Jedinak and we'd have the bones of a formidable Chumpionship midfield.

most of them free agents will be snapped up in no time at all, and certainly not by us seeing as we have no manager, the club always takes too long on important decisions

Would anyone like to see off that list Marcin Wasilewski on a Bosman. I know he is 36 in June but surely a years contract would be good! As always looked solid whenever he has played for Leicester and was he was very good in Championship last time and probably better than any centre back we currently have.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

most of them free agents will be snapped up in no time at all, and certainly not by us seeing as we have no manager, the club always takes too long on important decisions

And then gets them wrong

• Like 1

Tom Carroll has been long hyped at Spurs but never seen to have done much there or on any of his loan spells. Would we have to go to a tribunial with Spurs aswell, I'd rather not bother.

On the other hand Alex Pritchard was outstanding for Brentford at championship level not so long ago. Predictably not getting a kick under Pulisball but he's someone I'd like to see us go for as he won't be getting games at Spurs anytime soon.

On 2 May 2016 at 09:57, Johnnyp said:

Was on a stag in Berlin the weekend gone. On fri evening a couple of us got the S- Bahn and headed out to watch Union Berlin v Bochum. 15 euro in , fantastic atmosphere. Anyway, Union had an American striker playing named Bobby Wood. Looked very good. Tearing the league up this year apparently. Scoring at international level too.

Completely off topic but when I was in Berlin for Germany v England a few years back, one night we ended up in the Union Berlin supporters bar. Some free shots and they put on a black sabbath DVD on when I said I supported Villa.

2 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Steven Caulker on loan would be a good shout

last time I saw him play he put in a Lescott performance against Liverpool in league cup. id stay away from him, cant be coincidence every team he joins has a shit defence

had google who he was at now.....Liverpool :crylaugh: