Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

Are the likes of Grigg, Henry and Roofe just being mentioned as they are local lads?

No, what difference does it make that they are local or not? If they are good enough then doesn't matter where they are from..

Only Grigg is a Villa fan out of the 3 players.

Grigg & Henry are two of the best players in League 1 along with Bradley Dack (And he isn't local) and plenty of other examples.

Roofe is best player in League 2.

Edited by Villan4Life

Gardner really should get a shot next season. At least let's see whether he's good enough with our own eyes rather than just speculating on here.

Can't say I'm too thrilled at Bennett getting another shot tbh, he never seems to do anything in his loan spells either. He's also been here 4 years now, how long left on his contract?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Grigg has a good scoring record in fairness but still prefer Nakhi Wells as man fire us out of Championship

Know absolutely nothing about Grigg but Wells is someone I have mentioned many times in this thread.  If we are to persist/keep Gestede, then we need a Defoe type player next to him.  Someone that is mobile, has pace and most importantly scores goals. I am happy to keep Gestede next season because we cannot get rid of the whole squad, but we desperately need a reliable goal scorer to get out of the Championship.  Replying on Gestede alone to do this would be damaging to our chances in my opinion. 

How can we be close to signing anyone without a manager for a start in addition if you believe nonsense then a takeover may be on the cards 

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 19:50, sne said:

I kinda like it.

Takes my back to the good ol' days of the NBA when the players were named Mugsy Bogues, Spud Webb, Xavier McDaniel and my personal favorit name Mookie Blaylock

Fat Lever was a NBA player. Best name ever. Sorry off topic....

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Grigg has a good scoring record in fairness but still prefer Nakhi Wells as man fire us out of Championship

Grigg's good scoring record is in league one...he's a little bit slow. He's been promoted three times now, MK Franchise and Brentford both let him go when they went up although would expect Wigan to keep him.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fulham would want 10m + for him.

Supposedly has a clause in his contract. I'd like him here but not totally convinced we have the finances and as it stands the ambition to attract him here. Sad state of affairs. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Supposedly has a clause in his contract. I'd like him here but not totally convinced we have the finances and as it stands the ambition to attract him here. Sad state of affairs. 

Yes just read the article.......please don't tell me Riley was playing championship manager again.

At what ?

Way past it footballer who had very little when he wasn't past it.

Edit - done better than I thought recently, so considering how crap Rudy is, I take the point.

Still wouldn't want him though, I'm sick of us being a retirement home.

Edited by terrytini