Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

13 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think Hutton would do fine in the championship. Still would like to improve on that spot though. 

I think we should get rid of him.  I have watched him make too many errors to have any faith in him. 

I think Hutton would be OK in the championship, but I agree - I think its time for wholesale change at the club.................

A solid championship right back, who could step up to the premier league and be a good squad player should we go up, would be Richie De Laet for us............. probably available and more than likely within our price bracket..............

I like Hutton. He's one of the few players who genuinely gives his all, and that's what we currently lack. The fans have shown him support this season, and I think he'll be happy to stay with us.

If I'm being completely ruthless, I'd like us to keep just Hutton, Amavi and Gestede for the first team.

I'd also like us to keep Adama, Grealish, Gil and Gardner, if possible, as I think they could all come good.

The rest of the squad can go.

I suppose there's a case to be made for Baker, Clark and Okore to also stay (maybe two of the three). Like the others on my list, they're not the best players, but they often give their all, and I wouldn't mind seeing them as some sort of 'rotation' option, along with Gardner, Grealish, Adama and Gil.

The rest of the squad can go, in my opinion. As long as we get reasonable offers for them.

I have to say, some of the player suggestions in this thread have been great.

Daniel Bentley, Tom Bradshaw, Zach Clough, James Morrison (Ok, he's not a 'potential'), Tom Carrol, Rico Henry, Romaine Sawyers, Will Grigg, Bradley Dack, Kemar Roofe, Nakhi Wells and that young keeper whose contract is expiring from Man Utd.

The frustrating thing is that we often see a lot of good suggestions in our transfer threads, and then we watch those players with great potential sign for other clubs who aren't always necessarily better options than us.

What would be great, would be if one of you guys who has a decent knowledge of the Championship/ League One, could put together a concise list of these players/ clubs/ ages and somehow send it through to someone at Villa. We've seen Mervin King's email address and other routes available (Brian Little is on Twitter), so it would be interesting to see whether the club actually take notice of what we seem to miss out on every season.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

David Bentley, Tom Bradshaw, Zach Clough, James Morrison (Ok, he's not a 'potential'), Tom Carrol, Rico Henry, Romaine Sawyers, Will Grigg, Bradley Dack, Kemar Roofe, Nakhi Wells and that young keeper whose contract is expiring from Man Utd.

Never wanted him here in his prime ;)

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

We have been linked with Kane Hemmings who is a striker plays for Dundee. He has a £250k buy out clause.

He started his career at Tamworth.

Scored more goals than Aston Villa this season, get him in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

David Bentley, Tom Bradshaw, Zach Clough, James Morrison (Ok, he's not a 'potential'), Tom Carrol, Rico Henry, Romaine Sawyers, Will Grigg, Bradley Dack, Kemar Roofe, Nakhi Wells and that young keeper whose contract is expiring from Man Utd.

The frustrating thing is that we often see a lot of good suggestions in our transfer threads, and then we watch those players with great potential sign for other clubs who aren't always necessarily better options than us.

What would be great, would be if one of you guys who has a decent knowledge of the Championship/ League One, could put together a concise list of these players/ clubs/ ages and somehow send it through to someone at Villa. We've seen Mervin King's email address and other routes available (Brian Little is on Twitter), so it would be interesting to see whether the club actually take notice of what we seem to miss out on every season.

I thought he retired? 

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

I think Hutton would be OK in the championship, but I agree - I think its time for wholesale change at the club.................

A solid championship right back, who could step up to the premier league and be a good squad player should we go up, would be Richie De Laet for us............. probably available and more than likely within our price bracket..............

Ritchie De Laet is about to get a Premier League winners medal (possibly a Championship one too!) and the chance to compete in the Champions League next season, even if as a bit-part player.

Unless he gets kicked out, it'd be a bizarre move for him.

32 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Ritchie De Laet is about to get a Premier League winners medal (possibly a Championship one too!) and the chance to compete in the Champions League next season, even if as a bit-part player.

Unless he gets kicked out, it'd be a bizarre move for him.

True but he is not a premier league quality starting right back so I guess it depends on whether he wants to start games. I extremely doubt he'll even have the option of being a bit part player at Leicester next season, he may do at Boro but I suppose it depends on if he wants to start games - if he does then coming to us would make complete sense for him IMO. 

Edited by myko

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Never wanted him here in his prime ;)

I did. David Bentley was class back in the day.
I think we were linked with him during his stay with Spurs before he went completely down the toilet. Sounded like a done deal too. Dissapointing.

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Not sure if serious ????

I know it may not seem it, but the people at the club will know more about the players in the football league and their situations than anyone of us here on VT..............

Not sure if serious ????

I know it may not seem it, but the people at the club will know more about the players in the football league and their situations than anyone of us here on VT..............

In my opinion, you're extremely optimistic.

• Like 2

Keep hearing that " we " are looking at so and so  , and it worries me . We have no manager !! Who is actually looking at these players ? If it's the same Muppets that have recruited our latest pile of shit then I have absolutley no faith in them 

Keep hearing that " we " are looking at so and so  , and it worries me . We have no manager !! Who is actually looking at these players ? If it's the same Muppets that have recruited our latest pile of shit then I have absolutley no faith in them 

• Like 3

Nobody, they are just the usual BS rumours. A club with no manager and in talks of a sale arnt going to be looking at any players

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Whilst we're looking at Kemar Roofe, perhaps we could check out Oxford's striker, Jordan Bowery?  He's also doing well in League Two :detect:

I can confirm (I work for Oxford Utd) that we have watched him & another player from Oxford a young winger (very raw but with potential) called Callum O'Dowda ! 

• Like 1