Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, AndyBM said:

are things really that bad that joey bartons name is being thrown into the hat?

granted we need a midfield battler, but maybe someone abit younger, who we can get a few decent years out of

Have you not watched us this year? Things are definitely that bad.

9 minutes ago, imavillan said:

A strong character is required in the Championship

13732.png

Out of contract, doesn't want to play for another prem team because he doesn't want to play against chelsea. Only real other options are far east/china/america and it would seem that the states would be his prefered choice but 35 year old defenders don't get paid a lot in the MLS (Cole is on about 4 grand per week).

24 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

13732.png

Out of contract, doesn't want to play for another prem team because he doesn't want to play against chelsea. Only real other options are far east/china/america and it would seem that the states would be his prefered choice but 35 year old defenders don't get paid a lot in the MLS (Cole is on about 4 grand per week).

I would rather gouge my own eyes out with a spoon then watch him play in a Villa shirt.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Terry is really not as bad as people make out

So he's not 100% a word removed off the pitch (who is?), he's still a pretty big one. On the pitch he is though. And not in a combative, adding steel to the team, kind of way. In a dirty, abusing the ref, cheating, kind of way.

Should Leicester have big money to spend now and want to attract some better players, we could look at one or two buys/loans from them?  Thinking along the lines of Ulloa, Dyer, Inler, Simpson etc.  Also watching MOTD last night Bournemouth have some good forwards at their club, wonder if we could attract one from them (ie King, Wilson)?  Would have thought Afobe, Grabban and Iturbe are first choice.  They also have Gradel behind them.  Could be worth a look but seeing Gayle at Palace yesterday, he would be great playing off Gestede surely? 

there was a report on the radio the other day stating that leicester wont be changing their first team much as they dont want to rock the ship so to speak.

were as we on the other hand need to rock the ship so much that the rats fall over board and drown.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Should Leicester have big money to spend now and want to attract some better players, we could look at one or two buys/loans from them? 

That Albrighton fella they've got looks like he could definitely do a job for us!

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Should Leicester have big money to spend now and want to attract some better players, we could look at one or two buys/loans from them?  Thinking along the lines of Ulloa, Dyer, Inler, Simpson etc.  Also watching MOTD last night Bournemouth have some good forwards at their club, wonder if we could attract one from them (ie King, Wilson)?  Would have thought Afobe, Grabban and Iturbe are first choice.  They also have Gradel behind them.  Could be worth a look but seeing Gayle at Palace yesterday, he would be great playing off Gestede surely? 

Ulloa - no chance

Dyer - maybe

Inler - no chance

Simpson - no chance

King - no chance

Wilson - no chance

Afobe - no chance

Grabban - maybe

Iturbe - no chance

Gayle - no chance

Dyer or Grabban the only two of those who might move to a Chumpionship club.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ulloa - no chance

Dyer - maybe

Inler - no chance

Simpson - no chance

King - no chance

Wilson - no chance

Afobe - no chance

Grabban - maybe

Iturbe - no chance

Gayle - no chance

Dyer or Grabban the only two of those who might move to a Chumpionship club.

Read my post again! I suggested loans as well as transfers? Inler has hardly played a game. I also said who i thought would be first choice at Bournemouth next season, meaning we may get a possible loan from there as they appear to be well stocked.

Edited by ferguson1

There's no chance of loaning any of them either, I'm sorry to say. 

Leicester have just won the Premier League, with a small squad. They aren't going to want to let many players go, either temporarily or permanently, and even if they do, those who have played many games this season will have far better offers than going to a Championship club. Inler might not have played very much, but he has a big reputation throughout Europe and in no way needs to be playing second division football. He could move to a top team in Serie A without difficulty. 

I doubt we'll be picking up any loans from Bournemouth either, and certainly not Callum Wilson who is first choice when fit. Grabban has achieved nothing there and probably genuinely isn't good enough for the Premier League, so that's why I allow he's an outside possibility. 

Basically, I just think you're going to be very disappointed when you see the calibre of player we're actually able to attract. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

how did the topic of conversation get onto raiding leicester? theres just as much chance as raiding city or united.

league 2 is where the club is going to have to pick from

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's no chance of loaning any of them either, I'm sorry to say. 

Leicester have just won the Premier League, with a small squad. They aren't going to want to let many players go, either temporarily or permanently, and even if they do, those who have played many games this season will have far better offers than going to a Championship club. Inler might not have played very much, but he has a big reputation throughout Europe and in no way needs to be playing second division football. He could move to a top team in Serie A without difficulty. 

I doubt we'll be picking up any loans from Bournemouth either, and certainly not Callum Wilson who is first choice when fit. Grabban has achieved nothing there and probably genuinely isn't good enough for the Premier League, so that's why I allow he's an outside possibility. 

Basically, I just think you're going to be very disappointed when you see the calibre of player we're actually able to attract. 

Fair enough mate and you could well be right.  However, and perhaps I am clutching to the past calibre of player we used to attract and the fact of an impending takeover slightly.  If a takeover happens and with the right manager in place, surely we can be the big fish in a small pond in the Championship?  After all some of the players within the clubs I have mentioned have come from lower divisions.