Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Caulker is on at least 40k a week so won't be coming here. He is also a sunday league player.... also he has the best agent in the world so will be joining Real Madrid, probably.

He'll get to play with Bacuna and all our other players that can't wait to go and play in Champions League then :P

1 hour ago, Danwichmann said:

He'll get to play with Bacuna and all our other players that can't wait to go and play in Champions League then :P

Caulker, Reo-Coker and Bacuna managed by Big Sam at Inter MIlan...its happening

• Like 1

3 hours ago, obanken said:

Barry and Cambiasso - that would sort out our central midfield :)

Anyone with pace would get through them while jogging let alone sprinting. Barry needs a quicker more agile midfielder next to him like Gana. 

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Anyone with pace would get through them while jogging let alone sprinting. Barry needs a quicker more agile midfielder next to him like Gana. 

Unless you play them behind a box to box midfielder in a three.

Joey Barton was on Talksport yesterday.

Sounded very undecided about next season. Said Burnley offered him a 1 year extension 6 or 7 weeks ago but he hadn't signed it yet.

Said playing was more important than money for him.

Might be bollocks, but certainly sounded like there was a chance he'd be available.

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sounded very undecided about next season. Said Burnley offered him a 1 year extension 6 or 7 weeks ago but he hadn't signed it yet.

Might be bollocks, but certainly sounded like there was a chance he'd be available.

I still wouldn't touch him with someone else's barge pole.  I think I'd prefer Gary ONeill as an experienced head in midfield if we needed one.

I still wouldn't touch him with someone else's barge pole.  I think I'd prefer Gary ONeill as an experienced head in midfield if we needed one.

This, Barton may well be a decent Championship player, but he's a monumental knob and as crap as we are I wouldn't want to be associated with him in any way

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

**** no.  Absolutely **** no under any circumstances.

Joey Barton is utter scum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think the days about being picky over what characters we sign are long gone.

Get him in.

Agreed, but with the proviso that they try hard on the pitch. If they're a word removed off it, I'll get over it, but they have to try in training and on the pitch, that's exactly what we don't have now. 

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

**** no.  Absolutely **** no under any circumstances.

Joey Barton is utter scum.

I can understand that, and a couple of seasons ago I'd agree.

But I think he's matured a lot.

And having watched him a few times for Burnley this season we'd be lucky to have someone with his ability in our midfield next season. He's been excellent.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

And having watched him a few times for Burnley this season we'd be lucky to have someone with his ability in our midfield next season. He's been excellent.

No, he hasn't at all.  He still puts in horrendous challenges (including stamping on someone fairly recently, can't remember who) and still posts shit on Twitter acting like he's better than everyone else.

The guy is a **** clown and I don't want him anywhere near Villa.  I'd rather we brought back McLeish as manager.  Honestly.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just looked up the stamp incident - it was against Brighton.  After the incident he took to Twitter (of course):

" Remember folks it's a contact sport. This is not crown green bowls.lots of love JB x"

SO MATURE.  WHAT A GUY.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

:crylaugh: alright mate, calm down 

I was talking about on the pitch. I don't see his Twitter.

It's even true on the pitch.  He's just a 36 year old thug who will be without a contract.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The guy is a **** clown and I don't want him anywhere near Villa.  I'd rather we brought back McLeish as manager.  Honestly.

Agreed. He's a classic scumbag who wasn't raised properly and loves attention. Only interested in himself and his own sense of self importance. If we signed him I'd be hoping he got a Luc Nilis-esque injury on his debut.