Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Twatter rumours:

Mandanda apparently turns down 93k a week from Villa to join Palace.

Gayle quoted as saying he turned down big money from Villa and instead took a pay cut to join Newcastle.

If its this guy then he is a wind up merchant.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep, I think we've really missed out, especially for £1.5m.

Yes but Roberto must assess the current squad at his training camp before making additions - makes perfect sense !

RDM has promoted Hepburn-Murphy and McKirdy to the first team. I wonder how that affects our search for a new striker. 

I thought we'd be after two new strikers but with those two, Ayew and Gestede I assume either one of them will leave or we will only be signing one striker, if any.

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

RDM has promoted Hepburn-Murphy and McKirdy to the first team. I wonder how that affects our search for a new striker. 

I thought we'd be after two new strikers but with those two, Ayew and Gestede I assume either one of them will leave or we will only be signing one striker, if any.

We will lose Ayew to the Nations Cup so we need a guaranteed goal scorer anyway.  We won't be relying on the kids, if one or two of them come through and make the grade then great but we need someone to bang them in if we're going up.

You could argue that we don't necessary need a forward if we keep our current strikers. If Ayew is played centrally then I believe he can score 20 goals. Gestede should also hit double figures in this league and Hepburn-Murphy could be capable of bagging 5 or 6. 

I would like us to play two up front in a 3-5-2 and have a squad of strikers of:

McCormack, Ayew, Gestede, Nakhi Wells

Out: Kozak (reluctantly due to fitness), Scott Sinclair, Robinson, Gabby,

Short-term loans: RHM & Green

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You could argue that we don't necessary need a forward if we keep our current strikers. If Ayew is played centrally then I believe he can score 20 goals. Gestede should also hit double figures in this league and Hepburn-Murphy could be capable of bagging 5 or 6. 

I would argue that we do need a new striker considering our goal scoring record last season. I'm not willing to bet on Gestede not being a one season wonder in the Championship. Either way he seems pretty useless without adept wingers supporting him, something we're badly lacking atm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Cheeky loan bid for.... Balotelli? Would be a hilarious train wreck. 

the dynamism of Balotelli and Gestede with the always busy Sinclair buzzing around them could have Championship defences in a spin

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the dynamism of Balotelli and Gestede with the always busy Sinclair buzzing around them could have Championship defences in a spin

I've just been a bit sick in my mouth.

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Careful, that level of sarcasm could shut down the internet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I disagree about Hepburn-Murphy, I think he needs a loan in order to develop as a player, he's still only 17 years old, he turns 18 on the 28th August. He's a very good talent though, make no mistake about that, I'm proud to say I've had the pleasure of meeting him also, I shook his hand at an u21 game and it was a proud moment in my life, he's a very nice guy and well spoken

• Like 3