Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

23 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

But if we start to lose games and see the same old issues early next season how long will it be before emotions run high and some fans start to get on their backs again and things start to escalate?

About 32 minutes.

• Like 3

Gayle looking like he will go to NUFC, I wonder if this means a clear run for McCormack. I would prefer McCormack to Gayle regardless of the cost. Add Lambert on the cheap and we are looking good upfront. Out - Sinclair and hopefully Gabby.

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Can you really blame him for wanting out at the time? The club was coming apart at the seams, and he left without acrimony, no harm no foul.

It was not the first time that he wanted out from B6 so I think we had all very reluctantly accepted that he would leave us sooner rather than later. I thought the move was wrong for him at the time and so it has proved because he rarely played for his new club last season, is now a spectator at the Euros and faces the prospect of a move to a club he would not have dreamed of signing for a year ago.

We got a decent price for a player that no longer wanted to play for us but his departure and our decision not to pay for a like for like replacement had a lot to do with our relegation. I think he would have been better staying as the big fish in a small pond. I do not blame him for making the decision that he made but seeing him holding a Liverpool shirt with a big smile was hard to take.   

The odds are that he will never play in our shirt again and he will not do so whilst we dwell in our present division but who knows he could be keen on a return to us next season when Palace go down and we go up!  ;)  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John said:

The odds are that he will never play in our shirt again and he will not do so whilst we dwell in our present division but who knows he could be keen on a return to us next season when Palace go down and we go up!  ;)

Palace won't go down if they get him. He kept us up almost single handed for 3 seasons!

Is anyone else surprised that Matt Ritchie is on the verge of signing for Newcastle? I thought he stood out for Bournemouth last season so they would have wanted to hold onto him. I would also have liked to have seen us show an interest in signing him but I guess we have bigger priorities elsewhere.    

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Palace won't go down if they get him. He kept us up almost single handed for 3 seasons!

They might if they have a season which anywhere near mirrors their end to the last one. But I agree that if they do sign him his goals may well keep them up and scupper any hopes of him returning to us however unfounded those hopes might be.  

20 minutes ago, John said:

Is anyone else surprised that Matt Ritchie is on the verge of signing for Newcastle? I thought he stood out for Bournemouth last season so they would have wanted to hold onto him. I would also have liked to have seen us show an interest in signing him but I guess we have bigger priorities elsewhere.    

I'm not surprised to see NUFC getting some quality in, Rafa is a huge draw, and they will have the money. I just hope we do better than them, which I think we have with Elphick (he is just what they need) and if we can get McCormack, then that trumps Gayle IMHO.

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Gayle looking like he will go to NUFC, I wonder if this means a clear run for McCormack. I would prefer McCormack to Gayle regardless of the cost. Add Lambert on the cheap and we are looking good upfront. Out - Sinclair and hopefully Gabby.

Lambert?  Let's avoid that one please :o

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I want Pazdan to pair with Tommy. He's a legend in Poland.

Is he the nutter who just hacks people down left, right and centre.

If so. Sign him up. 

Just now, Donniewyer said:

We're in talks with another Bournemouth player, I believe it to be King or Wilson.

As much info as I have at present.

It will be King surely? 

Can't see them letting Wilson go, would love it if we did sign Wilson though. 

Wasn't Callum Wilson being linked with West Ham not so long ago?!  Bit of a fall from grace if he comes here...

...then again, he is a relatively local lad.  Perhaps he misses the delights of Cov.

It would probably be more likely Afobe than Wilson, despite the fact he hasn't long signed for them. Apparenlty King was really good for Bournemouth last season especially towards the end, some their fans seem to rate him as one the players of the season.