Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

We REALLY need another striker.  eg Defoe was the difference between us and Sunderland.

LOL,  there was a bit more to it than that

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree about Hepburn-Murphy, I think he needs a loan in order to develop as a player, he's still only 17 years old, he turns 18 on the 28th August. He's a very good talent though, make no mistake about that, I'm proud to say I've had the pleasure of meeting him also, I shook his hand at an u21 game and it was a proud moment in my life, he's a very nice guy and well spoken

Give him pre season he might be a Rashford who hits the ground running but totally agree if he isn't gong to get 15/20 games next year loan him out. It toughens them up playing against men. The same goes for Toner, Suliman, Green etc 

• Like 1

The best 'ITK' I found on Twitter last summer was @whisper_avfc, got nearly every transfer spot on...

They have just tweeted this... Can anyone decipher it?!

RB gone could be Crespo who left today?

User Actions
 Following
1P2N07i2_bigger.jpgwhispers...@whispers_avfc 

harvey meet arrange. gk move. rb gone with wishes. td announce just days.

5:11 PM - 1 Jul 2016

Edited by wilko154

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

We REALLY need another striker.  eg Defoe was the difference between us and Sunderland.

Considering our strikers had literally ZERO chances to convert in some games and we often crabbed back and forth in the middle third for 89 minutes, I think Khazri is probably a better "difference" 

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Another shameless rocket polisher with an over inflated ego and an attitude problem. 

Not for me thanks. The goals he *might* score aren't worth it. 

On reflection, I think you are correct 

3 minutes ago, tommybread said:

Seems like the board have taken my advice and are looking to get some former Manchester United players in. 

thankfully Wes Brown has signed for somebody else :D:D:D:D:D

If you look at the last few years in the Championship, the following players scored over 20 goals in a season;

15-16; Andre Gray (Burnley) 25 goals, Ross McCormack (Fulham) 21 goals, Abel Hernandez (Hull) and Jonathan Kodjia (Bristol) 20 goals

14-15; Daryl Murphy (Ipswich) 27 goals, Troy Deeney (Watford) and Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn) 21 goals, Rudy Gestede (Blackburn), Odion Ighalo (Watford) and Callum Wilson (Bournemouth) 20 goals

13-14; Ross McCormack (Leeds) 28 goals, Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn) 25 goals, Troy Deeney (Watford) 24 goals, Danny Ings (Burnley), Lewus Grabban (Bournemouth) and Chris Martin (Derby) 22 goals, David Nugent (Leicester) and Sam Vokes (Burnley) 20 goals.

So with a number of those players now in the Premier League, it leaves a small selection of stand out names if we're looking for proven Championship performers;

Ross McCormack - heavily linked, is 29

Daryl Murphy - no links, but is 33

Jonathan Kodjia - no links, is 26

Chris Martin - no links, is 27

Other than this we'd need to look at convincing players like Ings, Wilson, Austin etc that they would get more game time at Villa. It's relatively slim pickings if we're looking for the 'safe' bet.

Edited by jackbauer24
Wording
  • Like 2

Gestede is a decent player at our new level. Championship defences are just so poor, which is why it is essential that we sort out our own defence first and foremost. Get a solid spine then get a few decent attackers and we are laughing.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why?

Would that be because you think somebody like Huntelaar is realistic? ;) 

A bit underwhelming to sign a 30-year old who could do nothing for us in the Premier League if we get there. Better to sign someone who will develop at the same times he scores in the Championship, like Wilson from Bournemouth. Do not mean we should sign Wilson here, just that we should sign someone with huge ability and potential.

There will be Huntelaar rumours, just wait and see ;)

Edited by NoelVilla
Clarification

Just now, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Gestede is a decent player at our new level. Championship defences are just so poor, which is why it is essential that we sort out or own defence first and foremost. Get a solid spine then get a few decent attackers and we are laughing.

Add to that we need more oomph in midfield. 

We need - A keeper, a centre half, 2 x midfielders, a winger and a goal scorer. IMO. Then we need to integrate them with absolutely no foundation to build upon. 

It's a big ask. 

Just now, NoelVilla said:

I mean someone who can do both. Someone who delivers immediately but with an upside that he can get better and lead our line in the Premier League to. 

OK well yes, in an ideal world if we can have our pick from a list of attributes we'd tick as many boxes as possible.  But there aren't that many bona fide guaranteed goalscorers out there and this is one.  So if your only concerns are what he'll do in 14 months time then I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

I guess I'm just really really desperate to get out of this absolute shitshow of a league as soon as is humanly possible.

• Like 2