Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

58 minutes ago, useless said:

It would probably be more likely Afobe than Wilson, despite the fact he hasn't long signed for them. Apparenlty King was really good for Bournemouth last season especially towards the end, some their fans seem to rate him as one the players of the season.

Why would it be "more likely Afobe than Wilson"?  I'm failing to see any logic here.

Edited by bobzy

Because Afobe hasn't made much on an impression since signing for Bournemouth and during that time King's performance has improved vastly. If Bournemouth could get their money back for Afobe they might just be prepared to sell. Wilson's been injured but he's extremely highly rated, not long back, as in last month, it was reported that West Ham and Tottenham were battling for his signature. I don't think that there's much chance at all that he will be dropping a division.

Although Afobe's goal ratio isn't bad for Bournemouth. I still think he'd be more likely than Wilson, just because of the fact that Wilson is so highly rated. I'd be happy of either WIlson, king or Afobe. But for now it's just a rumour.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Although Afobe's goal ratio isn't bad for Bournemouth. I still think he'd be more likely than Wilson, just because of the fact that Wilson is so highly rated. I'd be happy of either WIlson, king or Afobe. But for now it's just a rumour.

Afobe only signed for Bournemouth in January (club record fee from memory?) and has done well for them.  There's just no way he's bottom of their striker pile.

I didn't say he was bottom of their striker pile, just that we'd more likely sign Afobe than Wilson. If Wilson were to leave I'd imagine it would cost a lot more than it cost Bournemouth to buy Afobe. Also by Bournemouth fans accounts King was excellent for them towards the end of the season, and some have him down as player of the season.

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

It will be King surely? 

Can't see them letting Wilson go, would love it if we did sign Wilson though. 

near end of season King was probably their best attacking player though was 2nd hand view

4 hours ago, KSV said:

Greg Evans just tweeted we will be very excited with some of the players we are considering signing the next few weeks. "Watch this space".

Interesting. Birmingham Mail seem to be back in favour with the club. Good to see.

but its not Zlatan ;):(

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

2nd hand view?

mainly watching highlights on Match of the Day and other clips and news articles. never really watched him up close but from a distance he looked decent in end of season

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

mainly watching highlights on Match of the Day and other clips and news articles. never really watched him up close but from a distance he looked decent in end of season

Got you. 

I second your 2nd hand opinion! 

If we got, for example, King and McCormack I'd consider our attack complete assuming we don't lose anybody important. Meaning Grealish, Adama and Ayew essentially. We should also be able to throw Green into the mix. 

Pipe dream at the minute but fundamentally sound. We'd still need a couple of midfielders, a goalkeeper and another defender before were close to competing IMO. A tough ask. 

weve already just bought their captain, do you really think they would sell more players to us? lol since when did bournemouth become an appealing club to buy players from

2 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

weve already just bought their captain, do you really think they would sell more players to us? lol since when did bournemouth become an appealing club to buy players from

Since 1899.

Probably because these players picked up 90 points in the Championship. We'd do very well to reach that mark.

1st point - Why wouldn't they? If they want to move those players on, or we tempt them into letting them go, what aversion would they have to selling us players? The Elphick deal all seems to have been conducted amicably and professionally. 

2nd point - Who gives a ****? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

They also held their own in the Premier League whilst we finished with one of the most embarrassingly low points tallies for years. So man for man they're a lot better than our current shower of shite. I'd happily buy from any team if it improves us and gets Richards, Lescott & co out the door.

26 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

Whispers is back on twitter. says bid for a forward.

Link? Wasn't he outed as a bored teenager ? Can't remember. 

Anyway playing devils advocate and I know the chances of it being Wilson are v.slim and it's all conjecture  (but you never know Ricthie to Toon potentially). Who would peeps rather have Callum Wilson for say £20mill+ or McCormack & Bamford for similar money? 

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Anyway playing devils advocate and I know the chances of it being Wilson are v.slim and it's all conjecture  (but you never know Ricthie to Toon potentially). Who would peeps rather have Callum Wilson for say £20mill+ or McCormack & Bamford for similar money? 

Not sure regarding Whispers but seem to remember most of the posts were reasonably clever using the information about but not itk at all. Was it not him that said about Sherwood's facials? :lol:

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

38 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I'd rather have McCormack and Bamford mainly because Wilson did his ACL and that kind of injury has a history of being a long-term problem. And with 2 strikers, you'll have a couple more options up top.

• Like 2