Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, NoelVilla said:

I mean someone who can do both. Someone who delivers immediately but with an upside that he can get better and lead our line in the Premier League to. 

There aren't many players who fit that bill. You're pretty much saying Wilson or Bamford and that's about it. Maybe we need to be a tad more realistic and say if we are going to compromise anywhere then perhaps age should be the place to make that compromise. 

McCormack is a proven goal scorer at this level. 89 in his last 209 appearances for Leeds and Fulham. 

You also suggested Huntelaar. A 32 year old who plays for Shalke. We've got to let go of planet Premier League for the time being and focus on the task in hand. 

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I guess I'm just really really desperate to get out of this absolute shitshow of a league as soon as is humanly possible.

sure you might enjoy it if we start winning some games ;)

46 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The best 'ITK' I found on Twitter last summer was @whisper_avfc, got nearly every transfer spot on...

They have just tweeted this... Can anyone decipher it?!

RB gone could be Crespo who left today?

User Actions
 Following
1P2N07i2_bigger.jpgwhispers...@whispers_avfc 

harvey meet arrange. gk move. rb gone with wishes. td announce just days.

5:11 PM - 1 Jul 2016

The fact that we need to decipher this means it's bollocks!

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I guess I'm just really really desperate to get out of this absolute shitshow of a league as soon as is humanly possible.

Me to. McCormack is just such a MON signing to me. But that it is maybe that I need to get with the new times that the transfer sum of signing a 30-year old with no resale value wouldn't matter to Tony's wallet.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You also suggested Huntelaar. A 32 year old who plays for Shalke. We've got to let go of planet Premier League for the time being and focus on the task in hand. 

I didn't suggest him. I said there will be rumours. Slight difference.

Just now, NoelVilla said:

Me to. McCormack is just such a MON signing to me. But that it is maybe that I need to get with the new times that the transfer sum of signing a 30-year old with no resale value wouldn't matter to Tony's wallet.

If Martin O'Neill had signed a player like McCormack, Premier League equivalent that is, we wouldn't be having this discussion now because we'd have finished in the top 4 at least once.

We don't want an whole squad of players who are good enough for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier league, otherwise we shall have too much work to do next summer, should we be promoted, If we have a number of players who can do a job in both divisions then we have a better chance of staying up. But if we can get a guaranteed championship goalscorer, I wouldn't worry too much about next season, just need someone who can do a job, for the division we're in now.

• Like 3

There have been plenty of Championship strikers in recent years who have actually stepped up to the Prem pretty well, for example Lambert, Deeney, Austin, Vardy, Ings.  If you can stick the ball in the back of the net at Championship level there's no reason why you can't do it fairly regularly in the Prem, unless you're as immobile as Gestede.  McCormack needn't be useless if we signed him and got promoted.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We don't want an whole squad of players who are good enough for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier league, otherwise we shall have too much work to do next summer, should we be promoted, If we have a number of players who can do a job in both divisions then we have a better chance of staying up. But if we can get a guaranteed championship goalscorer, I wouldn't worry too much about next season, just need someone who can do a job, for the division we're in now.

Exactly. I would say that striker is one position in particular where it's so much harder to make the step up that you have to compromise, take the goals and suck it up in 12 months time. 

A new striker is all well and good, but we need a re-vamped midfield to even get the ball to said striker.

A tactic that suits the players we have and a new CB+RB, and a keeper.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but there is a lot of job to be done.

Oh and we also need to ship our deadweights and rotten apples.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

The best 'ITK' I found on Twitter last summer was @whisper_avfc, got nearly every transfer spot on...

They have just tweeted this... Can anyone decipher it?!

RB gone could be Crespo who left today?

User Actions
 Following
1P2N07i2_bigger.jpgwhispers...@whispers_avfc 

harvey meet arrange. gk move. rb gone with wishes. td announce just days.

5:11 PM - 1 Jul 2016

Well the GK move is prob the Italian, Crespo is gone, and Technical Director to be announced in days. We have pretty much been told all that by the Birmingham Mail though. Dunno what Harvey meet arrange is lol. I assume this person is purposely writing as he/she is.

36 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

The resale value is more than negated if his goals can land us £150m for getting promotion. 

11 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The resale value is more than negated if his goals can land us £150m for getting promotion. 

For sure - equivalent of betting a tenner to win £100. Not a bad gamble.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well the GK move is prob the Italian, Crespo is gone, and Technical Director to be announced in days. We have pretty much been told all that by the Birmingham Mail though. Dunno what Harvey meet arrange is lol. I assume this person is purposely writing as he/she is.

Crespo's been on for days. Considering there's been pics of Hutton in preseason but no Micah, I would suggest that's the RB.

Of course whispers could be full of shit and its no one

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I dunno, we could be in for Bamford still..... 

well i for one would love to see this kid in a villa shirt- i'm really surprised he hasn't yet clicked with anyone, loads of skill/technical ability and easy on the eye. IMO he just needs regular game time and he would become a very good player.Lets do it please RDM

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dave J said:

well i for one would love to see this kid in a villa shirt- i'm really surprised he hasn't yet clicked with anyone, loads of skill/technical ability and easy on the eye. IMO he just needs regular game time and he would become a very good player.Lets do it please RDM

More than handsome Joe Bennett?

According to the Bulgarian media, Dimitar Berbatov is close to signing with either Newcastle United or Aston Villa.

Again, according to the media, both teams have been in talks with him and have expressed desire to have him in their squads for the upcoming season in Championship. Berbatov is now free agent since his contract with Greek side PAOK has expired.