Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

How about Forest's Britt Assombalonga? He can bang them in. He's 23. He might be an injury risk though. He came back in April after missing 14 months out. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Is there any concrete rumours regarding Bamford & McCormack?

Could they play together? If we were to loose AYwe for instance, we would do so for a considerable fee-Would it be feasible to pair Bamford & McCormack together?

Yes I honestly believe they could- Bamford is a player that  would feed of a lead striker, I don't foresee him leading a line - he is more of a foil for someone rather than being the out and out      Centre forward. Here's hoping, I guess RDM would know about him from their Chelsea days?

• Like 1

Just now, Dave J said:

Yes I honestly believe they could- Bamford is a player that  would feed of a lead striker, I don't foresee him leading a line - he is more of a foil for someone rather than being the out and out      Centre forward. Here's hoping, I guess RDM would know about him from their Chelsea days?

Thanks-I know little about either to be honest, other than they both have excellent goal scoring records at this level .I thought Bamford was the smaller of the two and  different type of striker but haven't seen either play.

I love Aywes work ethic but we've never had t benefit of seeing him form a partnership with someone. 2 from those 3 sounds quite mouth watering.

8 minutes ago, obanken said:

I hope we would at least make an inquiry for Austin. I think he would have the mentality RDM is looking for. 

And would Trippier be available?

Austin's wages are insane. Even if he cut his wages in half, it would be a lot for us. 

Thought Robson-Kanu is crap. Scored in a big tie on a big stage !! 

Might begood for us unless some experts on here think he's not worth a try?? 

Edited by nazvfc

4 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

All those saying they didn't think Robson-Kanu was good enough for us still think the same? 

Yes, consistency over a season of football please. Too many players get signed on the back of crucial tournament goals, against poor defending. 

• Like 4

McCormack with his goal scoring record is surely a no brainer, i really dont care about his resale value. We haven't exactly been unearthing many gems from abroad since benteke. Lets go and get him and then start working on rest of team

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

Yes, consistency over a season of football please. Too many players get signed on the back of crucial tournament goals, against poor defending. 

Done it on the big stage again tonight. Belgium may not have had first choice defenders but they still have Alderweireld playing (first choice) and Danayer who played the season for Galatasaray on loan from citeh - so not a crap player by any means.

HRK brings the kind of spirit we've been lacking on a free transfer I think it would be a good fit for HRK and AVFC. 

Edited by villanwesty88