Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Never seen McCormack play but I like the youtube clips I've seen. I think he could adapt to the premier league if we got promoted. Seems to be carrying some weight though.

Disappointed we are missing out on Gayle. He could be prolific under the right guidance.

I'd take Murray but as back up only.

Lambert and Bamford are not players I'd want if we were in the premier league so I'd rather we look elsewhere.

Pierluigi Gollini is relatively inexperienced for a first choice? Could we be getting rid of all our keepers and he be a back up or is he actually that good? Anyone heard of him before? Ive seen Everton was after him and he was at Man Utd Yoof team. 

Edited by KSV

5 hours ago, villan_007 said:

IncogAVFC

Ambitious move for an Eredivisie striker in pipeline. #AVFC

Can't remember if this guy has a good track record or not - anyone know any decent strikers from this league that would fit the bill?

He had the fixtures correct 24 hours before, also had TE signing. Does give rumours which don't come to fruition but on the whole seems ok.

• Like 1

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/5999/Premier-League-free-agents-sportgalleries

Some very good free agents in there! (Ignore the couple Villa ones obviously) Valdes, Rosicky, Schwarzer, Hangeland, Toure, Adebayor etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

IncogAVFC

Can't remember if this guy has a good track record or not - anyone know any decent strikers from this league that would fit the bill?

It's the vaguest rumour you could possibly think up.

If he had any real information he'd put a name to it.

I'd put money on it being bollocks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KSV said:

Pierluigi Gollini is relatively inexperienced for a first choice? Could we be getting rid of all our keepers and he be a back up or is he actually that good? Anyone heard of him before? Ive seen Everton was after him and he was at Man Utd Yoof team. 

He's not even that good is he ? - at £4.5m I would expect him to be first choice - seems a very odd move to me.

5 hours ago, KSV said:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pierluigi-gollini/leistungsdaten/spieler/244192/plus/0?saison=2015

Been first choice since November and current Italy U/21 keeper. If Bottara likes him then that's good enough for me

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

IncogAVFC

I'd love Milik from Ajax but not a chance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

IncogAVFC

Obviously incredibly vague but, if true, the only Eredivisie strikers I can see that I'd have thought may want to come to us (who did well last season) are:

Sebastien Haller (FC Utrecht)

Christian Santos (NEC) - Remember the rumours on this guy before?

If it's an ambitious move, then I guess we could be looking at Arkadiusz Milik from Ajax.  The Eredivisie topscorer was Vincent Janssen at AZ - but I think Spurs have had a sizeable bid rejected so he seems to be a level above us.

I thought the Hungary striker Szalai was decent. Big bloke and didn't half put himself about. Doesnt score many but would cause havoc up front if we had a nippy striker alongside. We have to have a 20 goal striker in that league. Gayle will certainly get that for toon. 

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Obviously incredibly vague but, if true, the only Eredivisie strikers I can see that I'd have thought may want to come to us (who did well last season) are:

Sebastien Haller (FC Utrecht)

Christian Santos (NEC) - Remember the rumours on this guy before?

If it's an ambitious move, then I guess we could be looking at Arkadiusz Milik from Ajax.  The Eredivisie topscorer was Vincent Janssen at AZ - but I think Spurs have had a sizeable bid rejected so he seems to be a level above us.

Janssen said he was going to Spurs in a dutch newspaper this morning

6 minutes ago, settle villa said:

I thought the Hungary striker Szalai was decent. Big bloke and didn't half put himself about. Doesnt score many but would cause havoc up front if we had a nippy striker alongside. We have to have a 20 goal striker in that league. Gayle will certainly get that for toon. 

We've got Gestede