Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I'd rather have McCormack and Bamford mainly because Wilson did his ACL and that kind of injury has a history of being a long-term problem. And with 2 strikers, you'll have a couple more options up top.

I'd be inclined to agree. 

7 hours ago, KSV said:

Greg Evans just tweeted we will be very excited with some of the players we are considering signing the next few weeks. "Watch this space".

Interesting. Birmingham Mail seem to be back in favour with the club. Good to see.

Birmingham Mail are clickbait merchants tough. They'll hint and something on twitter than link to their revoltingly ad invested website to give some mundane story.

And you can only get so excited about Championship level players and Bournemouth cast-offs. 

Edited by Holtern8
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not sure Southampton transfer plan but said it before that if Fonte goes for sale we should go in for him. Lots of experience

Fonts was one of my staple points scorers in the fantasy football last season. A good, solid, experienced pro. Yes please, can't see it, why would they sell him. If they did it would be a great signing. 

• Like 1

What side of defence does Elphick play? We seem to have a few left sided ones who probably aren't good enough and only Okore for me that's any good right side. We need a proper centre back pairing something we haven't had for a few years. If we can keep Amavi add in Elphick we need a good right back and a partner at centre half. And a keeper. Not much for RDM to do then!!! 

20 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

What side of defence does Elphick play? We seem to have a few left sided ones who probably aren't good enough and only Okore for me that's any good right side. We need a proper centre back pairing something we haven't had for a few years. If we can keep Amavi add in Elphick we need a good right back and a partner at centre half. And a keeper. Not much for RDM to do then!!! 

Elphick is right footed. We need a replacement for Lescott/Clark to provide the balance.

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Elphick is right footed. We need a replacement for Lescott/Clark to provide the balance.

Does he definitely play right side though? It's common for right footers to play left side but not the other way round. I think we need a tall 6ft 3+ centre half

30 minutes ago, Wes said:

We've made a bid for Hellas Verona goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini. 5m euros.

Token highlight youtube video.

Source 1

Source 2

Looks decent, especially as he's only 21, and I think I'm right in saying he'd count as Home Grown due to his time at Utd.

All round looks like it could be a pretty good signing.