Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, darrenm said:

Is the worst player I've ever seen

...followed closely by Bacuna and Richards.

If we could get shot of all three I would dance a merry **** jig.
I wouldn't even be bothered if we replaced them with Doris the tealady, Derek the kitman, and Bill the Handyman.

• Like 1

Outed.

They've both always had ability, they just found it easy to hide last season along with all the other cowards.

Build a strong team with good players and they've got nowhere to hide. Shit performances stand out and they get dropped. When half the team is crap it's easy to hide.

Just now, darrenm said:

Outed.

They've both always had ability, they just found it easy to hide last season along with all the other cowards.

Build a strong team with good players and they've got nowhere to hide. Shit performances stand out and they get dropped. When half the team is crap it's easy to hide.

I don't want cowards regardless.

47 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Outed.

No thanks, they can take their mid-season Dubai pissups and **** off

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

How come we have signed Tommy E then ?

You can agree on a transfer fee and contract before the window officially opens, but it won't become official till the date. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure you can buy a player whenever the hell you want, it's just you can only register them to play during the transfer windows. So we've signed Elphick officially, but if we had a competitive match tomorrow he wouldn't be able to play as he's not registered until the window opens 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, weedman said:

Pretty sure you can buy a player whenever the hell you want, it's just you can only register them to play during the transfer windows. So we've signed Elphick officially, but if we had a competitive match tomorrow he wouldn't be able to play as he's not registered until the window opens 

Yep!

Barca even managed to sign a bunch of players while they had a transfer ban (Turan, Vidal...) They just could not register or play them.

Gayle is apparently set to sign with Newcastle. I know he was talked about on here, but I think it's for the best we avoid him. Gayle has moments of brilliance, but he is not very consistent and isn't the best team player. Last thing we want is another Gabby type player who enjoys drinking and partying a bit too much. 

• Like 3

Gayle is very inconsistent. Struggled in the Premier League and as a result wasted out a fair amount of his development years. Glad he went to Newcastle, though! ;)

Edited by meme

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Cheeky Benteke bid?

:D No. He is too busy sitting on a bench for Liverpool and Belgium to consider playing football with the club he got the move from that he had been seeking for a couple of seasons.   

If Newcastle do sign Gayle then I suspect it would leave us free to make a slightly less cheeky bid for players like McCormack and/or Bamford who might want to play for us next season. 

Edited by John