Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

51 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

^ Breen said he'd agreed a move to Inter Milan after that WC but failed a medical:)

They asked him to turn 180 degress without falling over....

I remember it being a big thing in the 90's when the influx of foreign stars into the PL started - Patrick Berger and Karel Poborsky spring to mind after Euro 96. Maybe Tomas Brolin after '94? It's different nowadays because more people know all the big stars now because of the wider coverage of the Champions League and European leagues. I'd say every PL club has a dossier on every single player at Euro 2016 long before the tournament ever kicked off.

We need to get crackalackin with signings I thought after the takeover things would be more eventful at the moment.

Edited by useless
erased error.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I remember it being a big thing in the 90's when the influx of foreign stars into the PL started - Patrick Berger and Karel Poborsky spring to mind after Euro 96. Maybe Tomas Brolin after '94? It's different nowadays because more people know all the big stars now because of the wider coverage of the Champions League and European leagues. I'd say every PL club has a dossier on every single player at Euro 2016 long before the tournament ever kicked off.

The one that sticks in my mind the most, and is probably the number one example of not to going onto sign someone on the strength of one International tournament is Arsenal signing John Jensen.

1 hour ago, useless said:

We need to get crackalackin with signings I thought after the takeover things would be more eventful at the moment.

The transfer window doesn't even open till the 1st of July. From what RDM has said about his main concern being how big the squad is, I expect players to leave before we start seeing more sign.

43 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Who is this young lad, called Zoltan Gera playing for Hungary? maybe worth a look at....

Is that another lazy link to ex West Brom player because of Di Matteo?

Disclaimer: I don't know if he was there at the same time and I'm not bothered checking.

Arnor Traustason that we have been linked with a few times in the press within last 18months has just scored the winner for Iceland.

He looks a very good player! 

Just went check who he plays for but has pre-agreed a move to Rapid Wien from July 1st.

Edited by Villan4Life

I know it's not going to happen but i'd quite like us to go and do a job on Norwich and steal a few of their players, weakening them in the process.

I'd happily take Brady and Redmond, who along with Grealish and Traore would give us a lot of options on the wings / wide forward positions.  

Plus i'd take Timm Klose off them in a heartbeat, quality defender whose height would make up for the fact that Elphick is so obviously a dwarf.

I watched Hungary earlier and I'd deffo take Dzsudzsak if we could get him. This is literally based on him at the euros though, I don't think I've seen him play (except maybe years ago for PSV), might be a bit of a come down to the championship

Edited by alreadyexists

23 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Where's @villa_southerner when we need him? Got a pretty good track record so far.

Hi Sorry, been in France watching our wonderful performances....pleased  Elphick has signed I did say it wouldn't take long both parties were keen, relatively quiet on the transfer front Bamford is a target but he has many suitors, Villa keen on a transfer rather than a loan.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

Hi Sorry, been in France watching our wonderful performances....pleased  Elphick has signed I did say it wouldn't take long both parties were keen, relatively quiet on the transfer front Bamford is a target but he has many suitors, Villa keen on a transfer rather than a loan.

I'd be happy with Bamford, keep us posted if you hear owt ;)

On 6/17/2016 at 01:53, electronicmaji said:

Watching the Copa America there are some interesting prospects. That Rolf Feltscher who plays for Venezuela (Left Back) had a stormer of a game against Mexico. He's Swiss too. 

107299-jim-carrey-laughing-gif-imgur-e6w

5 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Is that another lazy link to ex West Brom player because of Di Matteo?

Disclaimer: I don't know if he was there at the same time and I'm not bothered checking.

Gera and Albion, football's weirdest love affair.