Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

How do people know so much about all these foreign players? Makes me feel like a right dunce who is no proper fan of the game. Never watch Swiss or Swedish football in fact wouldn't even know how to. I can barely find time to watch all the English football games without watching forrin football as well. 

Your not a betting man then, if you open a bet365 account, as long as you leave 1p in your account you can watch plenty of global football for free, I have a fondness for the Dutch an Aussie league although if you fancy a chuckle watch Indian premier league

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Everything went to shit when the Vlaar-Senderos partnership got broken up (and Roy Keane left).  Just goes to show what a couple of bald centre halfs who vaguely know what they're doing can do in English football.  Talking of Keanes, I wouldn't mind Robbie back on a short term deal.

At 83 I think Robbie's pretty much finished.

38 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

Your not a betting man then, if you open a bet365 account, as long as you leave 1p in your account you can watch plenty of global football for free, I have a fondness for the Dutch an Aussie league although if you fancy a chuckle watch Indian premier league

I am a betting man which is EXACTLY why I don't have ANY Internet betting accounts. Way to easy to piddle money away! Mind you if it means I can watch. Indian Premier League............ 

• Like 1

That Vlaar/Senderos partnership was good, I think Concrete Ron needed to be organised to be at his best, whereas when he was the senior CB the whole defence struggled. Similar to Micah Richards perhaps in that sense, good defender when someone tells him what to do, but if he's leading then he and the rest of the defence are crap.

Maybe Elphick can fit in to that defensive leader roll we've needed for a long while? 

Noticed in an interview earlier last month Xia stated we will add maybe 6 or 7 players to the squad. I wonder if that number is before or after we sell those that don't want to be here?

Looking at our squad it is pretty bloated with poor quality pretty much everywhere. I'd imagine some we will have to loan out and pay majority of the wages just to keep them away from the club. Hopefully some want out anyway the likes of Lescott can hopefully be tempted by the MLS money, hopefully Big Sam takes Richards on at Sunderland. Going by the rumours we probably need a whole new entire midfield if the likes of Gueye and Veretout are wanting out.

Elphick a good start; a new leader in a new era and can welcome new players to the fresh new start at the club. Still so many question marks, hopefully things work out now with Xia on board.

Big Keith says we are already active. Elphick looks likely to land this week. Hopefully we can move onto the next one quickly. RDM has already reviewed last season and knows what we need. It seems we won't faff about this summer. 

Added to the fact he's already spoken to every player and outlined their future role and his plans for ten staying or going. I'd hope it's not another 3 weeks before anything more materialises. 

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am a betting man which is EXACTLY why I don't have ANY Internet betting accounts. Way to easy to piddle money away! Mind you if it means I can watch. Indian Premier League............ 

lol i understand what your saying but it is excellent for watchin live football from around the world and a little fiver here an there now and again never hurt anyone

25 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Peter Crouch?

No.. too old now, would also want too much in wages.

Also he was booed a lot by fans last time he used to play for us with some forgetting he was only in his early 20's and had chance to improve. I doubt he would even want to come back here.

I wonder if the "£30-£50m whatever the manager needs" budget is new money available or includes whatever we make from sales. . If eg £50m fresh injection of cash is available and we can shift on some other players for £20m or so could we have £70m to spend? 

Whenever I saw Pantilimon for Sunderland he looked really good (except when we beat them 4-0), and I know their fans rated him as one of their best players, not sure why they sold him.

• Like 1