Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Theres not quote. It was an article i think in the birmingham mail - backed up by one or two itk's. Its now only just over a week until the training camp so I thinks its correct. 

Thanks. 

Waiting two weeks is just fine. I don't see an issue with that, assuming they have targets in mind already. 

If true of course. Though there is a disputing fact, that we've already signed a player.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

with more games than usual next season, theres no way players like okore will stay fit for many, were going to need a large squad so 3 signings just wont be enough.

"Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has promised supporters a team to be proud of come the start of the Championship season.

The Chinese businessman will back Roberto Di Matteo in the transfer window and also look to move on any under-performers who are identified by the boss.

Xia has already sanctioned a £3million move for centre-half Tommy Elphick and will provide further funds for a goalkeeper, creative midfielder, winger and at least one new striker."

Xia has already sanctioned a £3million move for centre-half Tommy Elphick and will provide further funds for a goalkeeper, creative midfielder, winger and at least one new striker.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-xia-plans-crowd-pleasing-11516896?

So four more in then, at least. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KSV said:

Surely another defender or two as well? Elphick isn't going to change that shambles of a defence by himself 

Yeah, got to be another new CB and new RB on top of what that article says has been promised

If we can get in Bamford or another proven championship striker and Ayew stays then I'm very happy with the strikeforce.

If you expect us to continue playing 4-3-3 then potentially you have Bamford, Ayew, Gestede, Grealish, Adama and Andre Green as options for those three positions.

You'd have to be an incredibly hard to please fan not to think that's good enough for a 46 game season, there's a lot of variety in there.

We need more work elsewhere. Think we need two central midfielders in as still expect likes of Gana and Veretout to leave.

And what can you say about the defence? A new keeper, another RB and maybe another CB although I suppose if Okore stays and Clark and Baker are also there that's 4 although they do pick up injuries....

So yeah another 5-6 signings sounds about right to me. 

11 hours ago, hippo said:

Im suspecting that he is not adverse to going with a fair quota of the players from last season. If you look at his management approach at other clubs he has managed, he's not the bull in a china shop type of manager, and himself has said he gets 'Difficult dressing rooms working together' 

Has he ever faces one as "difficult" as the one that we have though?

If he can get the majority of the team from last season "working together" he will prove himself to be a miracle worker! 

I wonder if we will get any news of prospective loan deals soon? 

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah, got to be another new CB and new RB on top of what that article says has been promised

To be honest, I think Hutton and Micah can do a job at Right Back in the championship.

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not forgetting we have Steve Clarke organising them now also, so may not be as useless. On paper Richards Okore Elphick and Amavi should have a field day in the Championship. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, I think Hutton and Micah can do a job at Right Back in the championship.

Not sure what their wages will be after potential relegation clauses, but at the moment they are on close to £100k/week combined.

That is an awful lot pf money considering what they are offering to the team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Definitely should take a look at Jeff Hendrick, he has impressed at the Euro's thus far.

his engine has been brilliant as well and no little skill. Hendrick and Hoolahan could add craft to our midfield and experience in this league

Have people already forgotten how shit Hutton and Richards are? Get rid of both high earners and bacuna and bring in a new RB with a kid promoted as back up. Hutton backup as best. Don't want Richards at this football club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If we can get in Bamford or another proven championship striker and Ayew stays then I'm very happy with the strikeforce.

If you expect us to continue playing 4-3-3 then potentially you have Bamford, Ayew, Gestede, Grealish, Adama and Andre Green as options for those three positions.

You'd have to be an incredibly hard to please fan not to think that's good enough for a 46 game season, there's a lot of variety in there.

We need more work elsewhere. Think we need two central midfielders in as still expect likes of Gana and Veretout to leave.

And what can you say about the defence? A new keeper, another RB and maybe another CB although I suppose if Okore stays and Clark and Baker are also there that's 4 although they do pick up injuries....

So yeah another 5-6 signings sounds about right to me. 

You forget that Grealish, Traore and Green are midfielders and so are unlikely to be considered for the centre forward spot.