Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

O'Neill clearly prefers him to Kieren Westwood, despite the fact Westwood has played regularly, and by all accounts extremely well for Sheffiled Wed, whereas Randolph has hardly played a league game for West Ham.

Randolph seems to be a bit of a hoof merchant but that's probably just a symptom of playing in in this particular ROI team (and it did work very nicely against Germany). He's from basketball stock and looks like he can handle crosses well.

NI's keeper put in a great shift today against zee Germans. Had a great all round championship so far. Apparanltly out of contract in a few weeks. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Hope not, he was a bit hit 'n' miss at Walsall. Need better players than that if we're to get promoted.

He was in the League One team of the year as well as being runner up the the League One PFA Player of the Year. 

I obviously didn't see a lot of him, seeing as he plays for Walsall, what is he like as a player?

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He was in the League One team of the year as well as being runner up the the League One PFA Player of the Year. 

I obviously didn't see a lot of him, seeing as he plays for Walsall, what is he like as a player?

To be fair I didn't see that much of him last season, however in the few occasions I did watch Walsall he did OK, but nothing special. I know my work mate who is an avid Walsall fan doesn't rate him.

13 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Alan Nixon saying Brentford will be signing Sawyers and Bentley the keeper. Good signings for them. I know many on here wanted is to have a look at Bentley. 

Yes I think we might regret not matching Brentford's bid for Bentley.

On 20/06/2016 at 17:26, Folski said:

I think we should sign Randolph, think he'd be very good in Champo. 

I'm not so sure our new signing Tommy would share that view or relish playing in front of him having played in the Bournemouth side that put 8 goals past him when he was playing in the Champo for Small Heath. ;)    

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Alan Nixon saying Brentford will be signing Sawyers and Bentley the keeper. Good signings for them. I know many on here wanted is to have a look at Bentley. 

Brentford I feel could be a challenger for play-off spots next season

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I can't imagine Bentley would sign on as a backup at Championship level as he is very highly rated, so maybe Button is moving on. Would love Villa to be after Button.

15 hours ago, Duck said:

NI's keeper put in a great shift today against zee Germans. Had a great all round championship so far. Apparanltly out of contract in a few weeks. 

It's that old summer tournament bump though - he must be out of contract at Hamilton Academical for a reason.... Think the days of scouts signing players on the basis of a few adrenaline fuelled performances at the Euros or WC. 

There was talk of an out of contract Gary Breen going to Barcelona after the WC in 2002 IIRC.

• Like 2