Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Wonder if we could tempt Ondrej Duda (Slovakia) or if he's off to bigger and better things?

Only 21, currently playing in Poland for Legia Warsaw so transfer fee and salary should not be a huge issue.

Been impressed with what I've seen of him in the Euros, not that it's the best basis in judging a player...

Edit: see he's been linked to Arsenal and Inter so probably out of our league. Has a 4m Euro release clause apparently.

Edited by sne

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if we could tempt Ondrej Duda (Slovakia) or if he's off to bigger and better things?

Only 21, currently playing in Poland for Legia Warsaw so transfer fee and salary should not be a huge issue.

Been impressed with what I've seen of him in the Euros, not that it's the best basis in judging a player...

Edit: see he's been linked to Arsenal and Inter so probably out of our league. Has a 4m Euro release clause apparently.

He was linked with us when Sherwood first arrived :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Have you forgotten just how bad Guzan was this year.......

I really have tried but I have not been able to and I suspect he has had no luck with doing so either. ;) 

• Like 3

Rumours are that RDM is in charge of transfers til they hire a technical director.

So for future reference before the inevitable debate starts up - Until then all signings are RDMs signings. 

2 hours ago, Duck said:

Rumours are that RDM is in charge of transfers til they hire a technical director.

So for future reference before the inevitable debate starts up - Until then all signings are RDMs signings. 

May actually be a good thing - I'm in favor of managers being in charge of transfers. A lot of clubs end up forcing players on managers and that's a recipe for disaster. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jareth said:

Reading fan pal if mine is gutted to hear tshibola could be offski. Called him a midfield beast. One from their academy. 

Had a quick look at him on utube (slow day). Looks powerful and useful. Probably aiming a bit higher than us? 

We were scouting Andone from Romania apparently. I never heard of him but he looks good on youtube :P.

Quite a goal scorer in second division of Spain. Still young. Seems really quick and strong. 

So I make it 6 weeks 5 days to we kick-off in the championship, assuming Sat 6th Aug, with pre season imminent.  Tommy Elphick was a great start but I really hope our transfer business (outs as well as ins) is done early in this window so we have time to work with the new players and integrate them. That would mean doing a lot of business in the next 3-4 weeks, but we don't seem to be hearing much apart from a few tenuous links with Pantillimon and Brady.  

Edited by Gary Thomas

If Norwich have a £2M bid for Tshibola accepted I would think we would match that if Clarke is indeed such a big fan. Don't know much about him, but a "midfield destroyer" is exactly what we need in midfield. 

50 minutes ago, obanken said:

If Norwich have a £2M bid for Tshibola accepted I would think we would match that if Clarke is indeed such a big fan. Don't know much about him, but a "midfield destroyer" is exactly what we need in midfield. 

I can't say I know anyhting about the lad, but looking at his Wiki stats it looks like he would be a Work In Progress purchase rather than a ready made player for that level. The reason I say this is because he only has 12 Championship games to his name so far, so it would be a small gamble on our part. I guess with Clarke being on our management team now and his previous time at Reading FC as manager, he would have good knowledge of the guy and have a decent insight into whether he is going to have a chance of making the grade. If it comes off he could be a masterstroke, for £2-4m it is probably well worth the gamble.

21 hours ago, Folski said:

I think we should sign Randolph, think he'd be very good in Champo. 

O'Neill clearly prefers him to Kieren Westwood, despite the fact Westwood has played regularly, and by all accounts extremely well for Sheffiled Wed, whereas Randolph has hardly played a league game for West Ham.

Randolph seems to be a bit of a hoof merchant but that's probably just a symptom of playing in in this particular ROI team (and it did work very nicely against Germany). He's from basketball stock and looks like he can handle crosses well.

26 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

O'Neill clearly prefers him to Kieren Westwood, despite the fact Westwood has played regularly, and by all accounts extremely well for Sheffiled Wed, whereas Randolph has hardly played a league game for West Ham.

Randolph seems to be a bit of a hoof merchant but that's probably just a symptom of playing in in this particular ROI team (and it did work very nicely against Germany). He's from basketball stock and looks like he can handle crosses well.

He has got a really good goal kick on him though and as you said it's probably down to the system. He doesn't get game time at WH so I don't think he'd cost that much.

7 minutes ago, Folski said:

He has got a really good goal kick on him though and as you said it's probably down to the system. He doesn't get game time at WH so I don't think he'd cost that much.

He made a cracker one handed save against Sweden - was very impressive.

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Not enough over priced average English players being linked so far..... RDM out!

Have we not just done near £4m on one of Bournemouths second string ;)

Edited by Kingman

12 hours ago, KSV said:

We were scouting Andone from Romania apparently. I never heard of him but he looks good on youtube :P.

Quite a goal scorer in second division of Spain. Still young. Seems really quick and strong. 

Has looked absolutely awful in the Euros