Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Him and Gestede would be great if we were starting a basketball team thou.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Not sure about Pantilimon either, he is freakishly tall through.

Maybe we are starting a basket ball team?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Pantilimon would be an incredible signing.

Would lift my enthusiasm for the direction we are heading in immensely if it happened.

Wasn't he ridiculously shaky when he replaced Gomes(was having a mare) in the game we played against them(Watford)? That said we were battering them at the time, and made it count for nothing of course.

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wasn't he ridiculously shaky when he replaced Gomes(was having a mare) in the game we played against them(Watford)? That said we were battering them at the time, and made it count for nothing of course.

I can't recall to be honest but I saw him many times at Sunderland and he was always solid. For someone his size he is exceptionally coordinated, quick and has good awareness. He is a monster and I really hope we can sign him.

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Pantilimon would be an incredible signing.

Would lift my enthusiasm for the direction we are heading in immensely if it happened.

Think incredible is a bit OTT.

He isn't all that. Been terrible whenever we've played against him.

9 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Think incredible is a bit OTT.

He isn't all that. Been terrible whenever we've played against him.

Well I can't think of many keepers with bigger potential than Pantilimon let alone one that may consider joining a team just relegated. Hugely exciting prospect. 

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Well I can't think of many keepers with bigger potential than Pantilimon let alone one that may consider joining a team just relegated. Hugely exciting prospect. 

He's 29, hardly a prospect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Guzan is definitely better than Pantilimon - the former has shown that he can be good and even very good at times. The latter, as far as I've seen, hasn't.

I'd rather have Pantilimon. Guzan is absolutely not "definitely better". However, I'd like to think there are better keepers out there than both!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'd rather have Pantilimon. Guzan is absolutely not "definitely better". However, I'd like to think there are better keepers out there than both!

I think Guzan is better. But i agree 100%.. there has to be better surely. 

15 minutes ago, KSV said:

I think Guzan is better. But i agree 100%.. there has to be better surely. 

Guzan 3 years ago yes.

Guzan now was individually responsible for about 10 goals last year, which is a pretty significant contribution to the "Goals Against" column.

Pantilimons ok. Actually, most keepers would be ok with a solid back line in front of them, but he's certainly good enough for us in our position.

Just need that solid back line now.