Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Didn't Parma spunk about £30m on Savo after a decent international tournament?

...and who can forget El Hadji Diouf and our very own Milan Baros, albeit a year later.

Think it was around £23mil for Savo only two years after we sold him to Zaragoza for almost same fee we paid Partizan for him.

He was UEFA Euro 2000 Joint Top Scorer with Patrick Kluivert with 5 goals each.

Read earlier (can't find the link now), that we are after Reading and USA player Danny Williams. Any good?

On a side note Reading manager is Jaap Stam!? Completely missed that! 

Edited by mikeyp102

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Read earlier (can't find the link now), that we are after Reading and USA player Danny Williams. Any good?

On a side note Reading manager is Jaap Stam!? Completely missed that! 

Only ever seen Danny Williams when he plays for the US. He's never really stood out to me and I'm not quite sure what his ideal MF role is...I guess a box to box type player. He does have a decent shot on him though. 

1 hour ago, LockStockVilla said:

Only ever seen Danny Williams when he plays for the US. He's never really stood out to me and I'm not quite sure what his ideal MF role is...I guess a box to box type player. He does have a decent shot on him though. 

yeah same. Seemed not good enough at that level. Not sure about Championship. Prefer that younger kid we were linked with from Reading. At least he has potential. Although going off RDM's interview.. sounds like he wants more Championship leaders like Elphick 

Edited by KSV

No Albrighton was definitely poor for us, in my opinion for the most part although I wasn't exactly thrilled when we sold him asI knew he had potential. He proved it when he first broke through. I predicted that if we sold him he'd thrive (I didn't actually, think he'd do well as he has done), just from being in a new environment, as some players learn to lose together, but take them out of that dynamic and they can do well.

I wish he was still a Villa player, but not I'm convinced he'll keep up the form of last season, going forward, but still a very good player, just think he needed to move from Villa for his own good unfortunetly.

Don't think we'd have much chance of Redmond, last I heard he was being linked with Southampton. Even if he doesn't go there, I'd imagine a few other Premier teams will be after him.

6 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Think it was around £23mil for Savo only two years after we sold him to Zaragoza for almost same fee we paid Partizan for him.

He was UEFA Euro 2000 Joint Top Scorer with Patrick Kluivert with 5 goals each.

Didn't savo go to score an absolute hat full though? think he was 3rd leading European goal scorer at one stage.

I was going to edit my post to say that Albrighton was starting to show signs of improvement just before we sold him. But overall he wasn't very good for us. Always had the potential though. As for next season and wingers, I'm hoping that Green can make an impact.

And Lambert most definitely wasn't a 'muppet', performed something of a miracle in keeping us up the way he did. I would have thought that after last season perceptions of him might have changed a little.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, useless said:

We need to get crackalackin with signings I thought after the takeover things would be more eventful at the moment.

Yes thats my thoughts as well.

Seems highly likely that RDM is pursuing a more pragmatic approach - wouldn't be surprised if there are only 3-4 new faces in the line foe the opening game.

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes thats my thoughts as well.

Seems highly likely that RDM is pursuing a more pragmatic approach - wouldn't be surprised if there are only 3-4 new faces in the line foe the opening game.

As Insaid a few pages back bar Elphick I wasn't expecting arrivals, doesn't mean activity isn't happening but I think it will be fairly quiet during the Euro's.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

As Insaid a few pages back bar Elphick I wasn't expecting arrivals, doesn't mean activity isn't happening but I think it will be fairly quiet during the Euro's.

Doesn't leave much time though. The Euro's finish on July 10 - that doesn't leave us much time to conduct the sort of overall that many were expecting. 

The window hasn't even opened yet and there is probably lots going on in the background.  I don't know if it is going to be underwhelming or overwhelming, but I do trust that RDM will bring in the players 'he thinks' can improve the squad and do a job; he seems to have Tony's backing so lets see what unfolds.  Still optimistic,although I agree the sooner we can do our business the better it will be for preparations.

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

The window hasn't even opened yet and there is probably lots going on in the background.  I don't know if it is going to be underwhelming or overwhelming, but I do trust that RDM will bring in the players 'he thinks' can improve the squad and do a job; he seems to have Tony's backing so lets see what unfolds.  Still optimistic,although I agree the sooner we can do our business the better it will be for preparations.

How have we signed Elphick then ? 

If you're going to wait until July 1 - that only gives us 4-5 weeks until the season starts.

I don't think think there is going to be the mass signing\selling of players that was predicted.

12 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

The transfer window opened on 9th June.