The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

When we built a new training ground, I was expecting better things, we have got gradually worse.

it strikes me that this lot are out of their depth....a great ground and a fantastic training ground will not do it for them.

its like walking in to the Ritz and seeing beans on toast on the table.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Poor Remi. Sherwood's damage is pretty deep-rooted it seems. 

Lerner's damage you mean. Problem always has been at the top. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hev said:

Lerner's damage you mean. Problem always has been at the top. 

Lerner obviously isn't blameless and I'd like to see him sell up as soon as possible (to the right owners obviously) but Sherwood's got to take a lot of the blame for the position we're in right now this season. Even under Lambert we managed to keep ourselves from getting cut adrift.

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Lerner obviously isn't blameless and I'd like to see him sell up as soon as possible (to the right owners obviously) but Sherwood's got to take a lot of the blame for the position we're in right now this season. Even under Lambert we managed to keep ourselves from getting cut adrift.

From what we're told Sherwood wasn't in charge of recruitment. Sherwood did a shit job but come on, we've been absolutely shit for 5 years with 5 different managers. It's quite clearly down to this **** owner.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Benteke

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

When we built a new training ground, I was expecting better things, we have got gradually worse.

it strikes me that this lot are out of their depth....a great ground and a fantastic training ground will not do it for them.

its like walking in to the Ritz and seeing beans on toast on the table.

At least most people like beans on toast.  We're more like cat food on broken glass at the moment.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well, the manager can hardly be blameless can he? The park the bus tactic blew up in our faces, it gave Everton carte blanche to do what they wanted with the ball and unsurprisingly, they smashed three past us in the first half.

The most confusing thing for me was that the tactics were at complete odds with the players selected. He picked an attacking line up and sent them out to park the bus, strange decision. 

Everton have struggled at home when  not scoring early , we tried to achieve that but failed miserably.

I'm not sure what tactics would have worked against there front 4 who are all in fantastic form.LB is a massive problem and as played out alot of our issues came from that side.Richardson is a converted LM and the other options are either a CB there or aa Right footed player there.

Â