The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Interesting that Garde has changed their diets and banned sauces etc. Not sure what evidence he's basing it off but I like that he's looking at everything 

Di Canio banned tomato ketchup at Sunderland.......... he lost the dressing room shortly afterwards

• Like 1

They are no longer to eat steak with hollandaise, bordelaise, or béarnaise. Instead all steaks will be served with gravy and mash. Brown sauce optional.

Where does pepper sauce sit in all of this?

Who the hell eats steak without pepper sauce anyway...........

• Like 3

They are no longer to eat steak with hollandaise, bordelaise, or béarnaise. Instead all steaks will be served with gravy and mash. Brown sauce optional.

A steak should not be tarnished with anything other than salt.

I have to disagree profusely sorry.

Steak, pepper sauce and mashed potato, the meal of kings.

• Like 1

A steak should not be tarnished with anything other than salt.

This. [emoji106]

eating a steak without a red wine sauce is a true heresy.

on another note, as someone said on the last page, having remi here has brought my interest, excitement and the long gone feeling of hope back. Watching Villa was turning into some sadistic chore that had to be done each week.  its early days but i think we have a good catch here, hopefully he can deliver. Not expecting any miracles but if the city game was anything to go by we should be alright!

a forward should be top priority come january, maybe find someone better than Hutton. I'm alright with sticking with Brad until the summer, we know theres a good player in there he just need to get some confidence back. A solid defence and a couple of clean sheets should do him a world of good.

I am not concerned of where a manager is from British or Foreign, more of his ability to win games and introduce a progressive game.

i understand that folk are using the distinction to speculate on the likelihood of success, but I think that is fanciful.

We just have to wait and see if Remi is the real deal.....but I do agree with him, he is not a magician and neither are British managers.

I am encouraged by a move towards a more expansive game, because in the long term I think that is the way forward for the club.....we have been imprisoned with this kick and rush style, up and at em, that has been tantamount to low grade football and managed to trap us in the lower echelons of the table for too long.

i only hope the transition will allow us to secure sufficient points to stay up and keep the manager in a job.

we have been caught in a short term approach for too long, we need to break out and explore a more sophisticated game, that will also help us with recruitment.

i believe it is right to pursue this route, but only time will tell.

You only need look at the type of clubs that have surpassed us in recent years to see that we need a new footballing philosophy to ever have a chance of competing again:

Southampton

Swansea

Stoke

All lauded for playing good football as well as winning games although for me, the former is the enabler for latter.

How about we just change our name to "Saston Villa"?

I think both Lambert and Sherwood will at some point manage in the premier league again because I can understand the media fixation. I think both have been given a free pass by most over their results at the villa due to the medias fixation with our lack of spending, the ongoing sale and internal sagas. Plus it has and always has been about, not what you know but who you know, not in just football but in life. Also taking into consideration both are linked with jobs like Fulham, QPR and Blackburn I would not be surprised in the slightest if either ended up back in it at some point.

They might end up there eventually but they will have to get there through promotions  , 

Interesting that Garde has changed their diets and banned sauces etc. Not sure what evidence he's basing it off but I like that he's looking at everything 

Di Canio banned tomato ketchup at Sunderland.......... he lost the dressing room shortly afterwards

He lost the dressing room the minute Sunderland announced him as manager.

If ever there was an example of correlation not implying causation then this is it :)

Yes clearly the ketchup and not the fact he is a massively insane fascist dick head.

Â