The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Everton are no better than Man a City.....but our performance was a major contrast.

we need a massive injection of character in this set up.

i suspect a really bad smell about BMH and I think Remi needs a clear out.

Our transfer committee killed our chances by bringing in so many players lacking PL experience. They may come good eventually but I fear it will be too late to save us. 

Say what you want but having PL experience is crucial to a team. Unless, the new players are of the highest quality, which ours are clearly not. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Everton are no better than Man a City.....but our performance was a major contrast.

we need a massive injection of character in this set up.

i suspect a really bad smell about BMH and I think Remi needs a clear out.

Lol another clear our. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Shocker.....what's the shocker bit.

shocker
ˈʃɒkə/
noun
informal

1. 1
    something that shocks, especially through being unacceptable or sensational.
    "the play's penultimate sequence is a shocker"

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

Our transfer committee killed our chances by bringing in so many players lacking PL experience. They may come good eventually but I fear it will be too late to save us. 

Say what you want but having PL experience is crucial to a team. Unless, the new players are of the highest quality, which ours are clearly not. 

I agree.....we have too many of our signings over recent years that all have question marks next to them....rarely do we have a player that hits the ground running.

Remi has made references to our lightweight performance at Everton, this has been the case for years , yet the people responsible for transfers don't carry that intelligence with them when they recruit.....there is no cohesion in thoughts.

In terms of intelligent decision making the club is left wanting.

for the here and now we have squandered valuable funds on players not ready or not up to standard.....you just simply could'nt write the script.

Edited by TRO

I agree with much of what you say TRO but for the life of me I will never be convinced Leicester have players who are 23 points better than us.

They have conceded only 4 goals fewer too. They too were perilously close to the drop last year. They too have had managerial upheaval.

The difference ?

A goalscorer.

We need Austin to come in and make the same difference Bent made under Houllier.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

I agree with much of what you say TRO but for the life of me I will never be convinced Leicester have players who are 23 points better than us.

They have conceded only 4 goals fewer too. They too were perilously close to the drop last year. They too have had managerial upheaval.

The difference ?

A goalscorer.

We need Austin to come in and make the same difference Bent made under Houllier.

I hope you are right Terry.....but I think they have players with more character, more responsibility for their own form.

Jamie Vardy reminds me of Andy Gray.....not in style of play, but the "eye of the Tiger"....he has the same fire in his belly....but he also has players who can pick his runs out

they have players like drink water in the middle that beaver away for 90.....they are like a bottle of pop, never stop grafting and getting AT the opposition.

confidence is a massive thing in football or for that matter anything in life.....They have found it and above all managed to sustain it, and yes Vardy has been central to that.

Vardy has many attributes but the one special one for me is his movement and his ability to hurt the opposition with his runs.

......When is the last time we went after a player like that......Dean Saunders perhaps?

our performance in the transfer market for me ......is why we are, where we are...?we simply buy the wrong players for our needs.

Edited by TRO

We seem to sign strikers on there overall numbers of goals.....not criticising that.

but the smart money is on goal scorers that score every week or every game.

perhaps a bit more nous needs to be applied to the recruitment process.

we signed cascarino when his partner sheringham was the more cultured......we signed whittingham, when his partner Paul Walsh was the brains.

i could go on.

1 hour ago, Kingman said:
shocker
ˈʃɒkə/
noun
informal

1. 1
    something that shocks, especially through being unacceptable or sensational.
    "the play's penultimate sequence is a shocker"

Meaning the context not the meaning

9 hours ago, tarjei said:

28/11/15 Aston Villa - Watford

05/12/15 Southampton - Aston Villa

13/12/15 Aston Villa - Arsenal

19/12/15 Newcastle United - Aston Villa

26/12/15 Aston Villa - West Ham United

28/12/15 Norwich City - Aston Villa

02/01/16 Sunderland - Aston Villa

12/01/16 Aston Villa - Crystal Palace

16/01/16 Aston Villa - Leicester City

23/01/16 West Bromwich - Aston Villa

02/02/16 West Ham United - Aston Villa

06/02/16 Aston Villa - Norwich City

Our next 12 games. I think there is a decent chance of picking up lots of points and going on a run. If we pick up 20 pts from these games we will be at 25 in 25, which is on back on course for survival, if the bottom 3 will even reach 38 this year. It's difficult but not impossible. It will be crucial that we get points of Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich.

Definitely this is the key to the season.  How many points can Garde knick for us up until the January window opens before we have to spend on at least two players.  We have three home games before Jan and we have to at least show some spirit and win a couple of those otherwise the atmosphere will be totally defeatist and most likely poisonous.  The Watford game is as big a league match as I can remember.

The difference between the likes of Everton and Leicester and ourselves, is that from the very top those clubs want to finish as high as possible. When that's the attitude from the top it will trickle down to the pitch. For years our sole aim is to survive and that's what we get. Manages and players who see survival as success, something to be proud of. Lambert putting up pictures of beating Sunderland in his office, the players tweeting celebration pics on the coach for staying up. It's too late to turn that attitude around, we need complete change from owner, to CEO, to the transfer committee and to the players. Relegation won't change much until the owner goes, it just might be more enjoyable for a year.

• Like 1

Don't disagree with any of the last few comments, and I certainly wasn't underestimating Leicester, they do have decent players with some really strong characters and no little skill.

My point was that it is not 23 points worth....an awful lot depends on a goalscorer.

As regards fight, heart, desire, commitment, character....we've always struggled and always will.

You have Clubs always trying to prove something ( Everton that they can match Liverpool, Blues that they can knock their soft, pampered neighbours over, ).....you have your permanent top Clubs, then you have people like us, not at the top, not an up and coming youngster, not with a chip on our shoulder, a sort of late middle aged grandad who will hand out the Murray mints, be light on discipline with the Grandkids, and take a more serene look at the world, having been there but no longer feeling the need to strive again.

Or something like that !

4 hours ago, villarocker said:

Richardson and Lescot have plenty of premier league experience between them but have probably been our worst players. How many games have those two plus Guzan, Richards, Clark, Hutton, Westwood and Gabby played between them? I think we have enough Premier League experience, it's quality and fight that we're lacking. 

• Like 1

Â