The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I don't remember people blaming Remi for parking the bus against City because that clearly didn't work either did it?

We were away from home and people were claiming before the game begun that they would be happy with a point

Our best chance of getting a point today was not conceding being hard to beat making their crowd agitated in the process 

Remi can't be blamed for thinking this especially when it worked last week against the team that are top of the premier league

If we had tried to attack them for the full 90 minutes we would have been torn apart on the counter and lost by 6 or 7 like we did against Southampton last season remember that we have Kieran Richardson in the side

Simply putting it the players themselves are wank and you can't polish a turd not even Guardiola could get us out this mess

In all fairness citeh should have had about 3 or 4. Don't like what I have seen from garde so far. That line up was dreadful. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

But they didn't score and we actually played well, unlike today.

We were lucky against citeh. At no point did that game look like anything but a citeh win. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

We were lucky against citeh. At no point did that game look like anything but a citeh win. 

A little bit perhaps but we did play well.

I can't help but feel like people are retrospectively interpreting the City result and performance in response to today's game which is a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

23 minutes ago, KHV said:

I disagree, I actually think it looked like it would be a draw for most of the game because of our organisation and effort, and low and behold..... 

33 minutes ago, Mantis said:

But they didn't score and we actually played well, unlike today.

First half yes  but second half we could have conceded 2 or 3 whilst  creating nothing ourselves, people might say Sherwood is shit but he realised too late this season that you have to be positive in games to get anything out of them. Thats how we stayed up last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

Well we talk about players needing time to settle and get used to the league maybe its the same for managers too? He certainly must have learned never to play Richardson and Grealish down one side again, we got slaughtered for it.

but wasn't that what Sherwood did last season when we were winning. Guess we had players like Delph and Cleverley who worked a lot harder than our current midfield do.

• Like 1

Gabby, Zog and Ayew up front Sanchez and Gana holding.

People knock Gabby because of his dire goal scoring record but beggars can't be choosers and he does make defenders think and makes things happen. Zog is capable of putting decent balls in and beating a man. Also good free-kick ability. Ayew has shown glimpses he maybe be able to put the ball into the back of the net.

Get rid of Grealish he's been found out. Gill I've gone off too. At least Gabby and Zog have the pedigree and experience of getting out the shiit. 

He needs to win and solidify the team selection IMMEDIATELY.

Or maybe play Gill as an AM in the 4-3-3. We need to simplify things and stop messing about with team selections.

Sick of guessing which variation of shiit will be playing each week. 

Edited by supernova26

I said in the pre-match thread when I saw the line-up that it was ok, and appreciated what he was trying to do, but thought it was a mistake to play Westwood, Gil and Grealish at the same time as they are too lightweight. I think that proved to be correct, especially in the case of Grealish. And Sanchez made a big difference when he came on. I hope he was too fatigued from his exertions in South America to play a full game, because I would hate to think that Garde just left him out. Ayew also played well.

Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office, and Garde has learned from it.

• Like 1

First half of the TV coverage showed distance run. Everton top 3 were all in the 5kms and our top was 4.36 or something.  Gil was in the top three. When we had a midfield trio Gueye Westwood and Veretout. I was hoping they were running harder than Gil. Also is this why he tires all the time. Play him behind the strikers..  Not out wide. Grealish needs to stay benched. 

I never understand why we don't press higher up the field. Just shit tactics all round. 

Edited by KSV

1 hour ago, sonic_bouma said:

Beat Watford and he will have exceeded my expectations in his first three games by getting 4 points.

lose and I will definitely start to believe even he can't save these dicks 

Good point,  I'd of taken 4 points from City, Everton and Watford if offered it beforehand so if we get the win next week it will of been a decent enough start for Remi considering the fixtures.   

• Like 1

It's hard to know if it's the end of a slow and painful downfall or because of a change in tactics, but we are now playing like a team with no confidence or offensive strategy. Ayew is not a target man and what's the point in players going down the wings if they aren't even going to cross the ball?

We are a shambles and a defensive lock down isn't going to work when their is no offensive to go with it.

We are officially worse than when McCleish was in charge and i never thought i'd ever be able to type that.

I hope Garde finds a formula soon, but i fear that we're done already.

• Like 1

Â